Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Strawberry Trifle, Monterrey Chicken Spaghetti, Easy Corn Chowder

A recipe post...yay!
(And a few Montana pictures)

First up...


I got this from Pinterest.
The link led to only a picture, no credit.
I can't wait to make it for the next poker game or club meeting!


Next!

Monterrey Chicken Spaghetti
Photo and Recipe From Buns in My Oven

Monterrey Chicken Spaghetti

6 oz. spaghetti, broken into 3 pieces
1 cup shredded or diced cooked chicken
1 egg
1 cup sour cream
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups grated Monterrey jack
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
3 ounce can french fried onions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
  2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add the chicken, egg, sour cream, garlic powder, cheese, spinach, and half of the onions to the bowl and stir well to combine.
  4. Pour into prepared baking dish and top with the remaining onions.
  5. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
  7. Serve immediately.


Next!


Easy Corn Chowder
Recipe from Colleen on YouTube:  MsCavalier01
These are my pictures.

I made this last night. It's still a little chilly some days here. It was only in the 40s yesterday and rainy all day. I thought this would be a good meal for a chilly evening, and it was. We thought it was a little bland, but sometimes bland is good! I added three little pats of butter (I couldn't help it!). I bet it will be even better tonight as leftovers. It's so EASY and FAST! Bacon, onion, and four cans...what could be easier?

Easy Corn Chowder

5 pieces of bacon, fried and crumbled
1 onion, chopped
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced new potatoes, drained
1 can evaporated milk
salt & pepper to taste
Three pats of butter (Live a little!)

1.  Fry bacon and remove from pan to drain on a paper towel; set aside. 
2.  Saute the chopped onion in the bacon grease about 4-5 minutes until soft. (I removed a lot of the bacon grease and just left about a Tbsp in the pan to fry the onion.)
3.  Place the onion, crumbled bacon, and rest of the ingredients into a large pot. Mix well and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve.


A few pictures from my trip to Quinn's Hot Springs Resort in Montana...







Our cabin.

It was a fun trip. I didn't enjoy the hot springs as much as I thought I would. Although it felt WONDERFUL, the water smelled like sewer something awful! It was the sulfur in the water. YUCK! I never got used to it and it bothered me. I hate to be a complainer, but I'm just telling you the truth. I would never go back for that reason. Some people there said some hot spring resorts don't have that smell. They must add something to the water to get rid of that smell, but I don't know.

One last thing...

The cake we served at the Mother's Day Tea last Friday.
The top layer was yellow and the bottom was chocolate.
It was a very large cake, but you can't tell that from this picture.
The tea was a success again this year.

Until next time...
Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Omg that strawberry punch cake looks yummy. i might give that one an try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Now I'm officially hungry. The trifle, the spaghetti, that soup! It all looks amazing. And then you had to go in and finish me off with the cake! I gained 10 pounds just reading your post today Pammy Sue. Ha ha! I know that Yellowstone smells like sulfur and I'm sure the Hot Springs are coming from the same underground volcano that Yellowstone sits on top of. We've been to the springs just north of you in Ainsworth and they don't smell at all. You should try that one sometime. I don't blame you not liking the smell. I don't like it either. I think I'm going to try making some of that corn chowder for dinner. Have a lovely day my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken must be spoiled having you cooking for him. You're a great cook and it sure shows.
    Love the looks of that trifle & oh that soup!
    I agree about the smell of sulfur, pee yew stinky! No getting used to that, ever!
    Other than the sulfur fragrance the resort looks very nice.
    What a gorgeous Mother's Day cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipes, they all sound good. I would love that chowder, it sounds like such an easy recipe for a busy day. I'm always throwing stuff in a pot and calling it "soup" or "chowder," ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mad the soup! I had a small taste before I refrigerated it. We'll eat that during the yard sale since it will be a quick heat up. It's delicious! Thank you so much.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Hello Pammy Sue,
    I have been visiting your lovely blog for a while now from the US and Australia. I love your beautiful crochet work and seeing your gorgeous fur family. Your recent videos are a hoot. I especially loved the one to Wally World, you made us feel like we were right there in the car with you. Good Job!
    I would love to chat to you 'off blog' if you have the time.
    Have a great day! Wenona xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saved that trifle recipe, too!!! YUM! thank you for the chicken spaghetti, too. Okay, I'm with you on those hot springs. We went to the ones in Pagosa Springs with my brother and SIL a couple of years ago... that smell just stayed in my skin!! And, I had to throw away my swimsuit! UGGHHHH! I did like how hot the water was though. But, nope, not for me either. LOL! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow strawberry cake, spaghetti and more cake! Yes I'm hungry already! Will HAVE to try that strawberry cake... yum.. with the pudding sounds delish. Your hubby is definitely spoiled! Where in Montana was that hot srpings? The pictures are gorgeous. Like I've said before, I sure miss the mountains and all the big trees. I bet the drive there was awesome too. I wish there was a hot springs around here.. some don't smell. I know there are some up around Pendleton, Oregon, south of there, so will have to make that trip one of these days. It's really not that far, maybe a couple of hours. Take care! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely but I started that Ketos diet and I am able to keep my blood sugar level down and it is oddly satisfying too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥