Sunday, March 26, 2017

Misc. STUFF

All I have to say is, "Meaty Bone," to get him to cock his head.

I slept with my tongue hanging out and now it's all dry, says Eli.

Ollie and me watching something on TV.
Probably something about ghosts, aliens, or murder.
I like to say murder like, Muhhh-duhhh, all spooky-like.

I posted this picture of Ollie on Instagram for Throwback Thursday.
What a little cutie he was. Still is.

Not my hair...Ken's!!

The novelty wore off and he got a proper man's haircut.
Where did my hippy husband go?
He really looks better with it cut like this. I love it.
I begged him not to get a flattop and he let me have my way.

You can't read the label on this because it's white like the polish.
I wanted to tell y'all that this is the longest-wearing polish I've found.
It's Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy.
I washed dishes and it still lasted at least 5 days before starting to wear off.

All I had thawed out was weiners so I raided the pantry and made this: Cut up hotdogs, rice, black beans, 1 can of tomatoes & green chilies, onion, green pepper, and garlic.

Champagne Salad (Frozen)


CHAMPAGNE SALAD

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
16-oz pkg frozen strawberries, thawed and roughly chopped
20-oz can Crushed Pineapple, drained
2 medium Bananas
1 cup chopped pecans
8 oz Cool Whip (Frozen whipped topping)

Beat together cream cheese and sugar. (You may be tempted to cut the sugar down, but don't. It's not that sweet at all.) Add strawberries, pineapple, bananas, and pecans. Blend well with your electric mixer. Fold in Cool Whip.

Pour all into a 9" x 13" pan, cover and freeze overnight. Thaw for half an hour before slicing and serving.

I put mine in two smaller dishes and gave one to my neighbor after it was frozen. They me.

I also made this recipe:  Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles (Click for recipe, but not before you leave me some love first!)


1.  I started on estrogen about a week ago. I'm curious to see how my body responds. Don't tell me it causes cancer. I've done my research and made a choice. I'll let you know if it helps or hurts anything.

2.  There's been nary of sign of spring around these parts...unless you count the fact that the snow is all gone and we can see the ground for the first time since December. All in good time.

3.  I wish I had a bathtub. I really miss my big-ass garden tub that we used to have.

4.  The older I get the messier I get. I look around my house and it's all my shit...everywhere. Can I not put anything away anymore? Books, yarn, thread, computers, papers, pads of paper, electronics cords, pillows, blankets, glasses, house shoes, nail polish, and on and on. My husband never says a word. I guess it doesn't bother him. I do eventually clean things up. I'm just sayin'.  I'm a messy, mess-making mess.

5.  I can't believe I can only think of 4 random things. If it was 2:00am and I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep, I could think of 40 things to make 40 entire posts about. Right now I can think of none. Ain't that the way?

I'm outta here.
Peace.

16 comments:

  1. Hubby looks awesome with the new haircut. Your hot dog dish looks yummy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking around my house wondering how in the world I manage to mess the house up so much. It looks like I work hard at creating such chaos. I tend to put stuff down where it doesn't belong and also to not put things away when I am done with them. Our house is messier now than it was before our kids grew up and flew the coop. I don't have anyone to blame the mess on but myself, and maybe our Fuzzy Pom who has every dog toy he owns spread over the floor enjoying how they feel different to his mouth now after he has 9 fewer teeth. My husband keeps his messes contained to the area around his computer. I need to get busy tomorrow and get this mess under control. It's starting to get on my nerves because I keep misplacing stuff and then spend time searching to find it. Plus, I know from experience that the more terrifyingly messy my house is, the more likely it is that someone, who I will be humiliated for them to see my messiness, will drop by for a visit. It never fails.

    Your Champagne Salad looked delicious. Do you think it would be good without the bananas? Is there anything I could substitute for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks great. I would love that. I'll bookmark your post right now for recipe. You can tell Eli that I sleep with my mouth open too, and in my case, it leads to a wet pillow because I drool all night long! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics of your dogs! Ken does look pretty good with a manly hair cut, though I kind of liked his long tail. Your salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken's haircut looks great. I made the choice to do hormone replacement therapy, too. After turning 60 they REALLY try to talk you out of it. But, they don't live with those night sweats/hot flashes. There is a lot to be said for quality of life. My choice. You cook like I do. LOL! Evan says I'm a good "pantry/fridge" cook. LOL! I have messy "spots" in the house. My office is as my little Miss B says: A BIG MESS, Noni! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you can always fix up something yummy! :) Of course, while you were showing the world the nail polish, all I could see and think about was the lovely doily under it. I so love your doilies. I am looking forward to seeing more of your videos, too. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. ((hugs)). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your puppy pictures. Love the randomness of this post. Love your hubby's new haircut. You'll have to let us know how it goes with the estrogen thing. My doctor has suggested it for me a time or two since I had a hysterectomy at 29 and I've never taken anything. I haven't had any issues and my thought has always been if it ain't broke don't fix it! But he seems to think it would be a good idea. No signs of spring here either! Rain, rain and more rain.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! I have been following your adventures and loving it all!! The toothless video was GREAT !! Laughed so hard! Keep it up! Love to you and crew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:55 PM

    hi pam...love the video from the previous post...always enjoy seeing pictures of your puppies...ken's man-cut looks great...that's quite a tail he had there...as i said previously, you guys are "hotties"...thank you for the recipes...the champagne salad look good, especially for the warmer weather...not too sure about the estrogen thing, hope it beneficial for you...you and i must be "messy twins"...i am trying to declutter, but it is difficult...everything elicits a memory and a purpose, if not today, then tomorrow...take care...love and blessings...sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mm, that Champagne Salád (like how I accented that?) looks really good. Gonna have to make that. I'm on progesterone and have heard the scary stuff, too. But, I love not sweating like a steam engine all day and waking up in the night to throw off the covers, then waking up to pull them back up all night long. Plus, I'm nicer to my hubby :). Now I'm gonna go look at that Thai Noodle recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just now watched your video. You are the cutest ever. Loved it. I think you should do more of them. You come off very genuine, funny and sweet at the same time. Your dish looks great. That's the best kind of cookin when you don't need a recipe.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great random post! It made me hungry. I wear an estrogen patch, and have an alarm on my phone to remind me when to change the darn thing or i forget. My kids/husband, always notice if I miss (I turn into sobbing mccranky pants). So I guess they are my back up alarm. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmhmm. Glad I'm not the only pigsty around. My hubby gets home and I tell him I did NOTHING today and we're having toast & cocoa for dinner. His response? "Oh, nice! I love cocoa!" Gotta love that man ;-) That salad! Gonna have to try it. Read it three times looking for the champagne in the ingredients, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize Ken had a pigtail! Just never saw it in the pictures. That must have been hard for him to let it go! I like the hippie look in "older" men (if they have hair!). That salad looks delish but I've GOT to quit saving recipes. I just never make them... well hardly ever. this salad is similar to one I make using lime jello and pears, mayonnaise and whipping cream. What a weird combination huh? I was on estrogen for about 8 years after my hysterectomy, mostly to keep the hot flashes at bay. As I got older, I kept thinking I didn't need it anymore, so would try to ween off but the hot flashes came back full force everytime! I finally got totally off of it about 2 years ago, as I found out it was inhibiting my thyroid medicine.. the hot flashes finally dwindled away, though every now and then I may have a very mild one. One thing I notice as I get older, I NEED extra amounts of Vitamin D3.. that is major for us and I feel a ton better with it. And I too have become a "messy bessy" as I'm retired and have so many crafty things going... there's a pile of yarn at this chair, another sewing bag at that chair, my sewing machine on the table, with fabric scraps all over, and then there's my craft room! oh boy.... when I take off a shirt or jacket, or shoes or socks, they tend to stay right where I took them off! oh well.. it's mostly just me and hubby here all the time anyway... if company comes, it all gets thrown into the closet (if I can fit it in amount all my other "stuff").

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always make me smile Pammy Sue, I didn't know Ken had long hair, I love long hair in men if there's enough of it to look good if you know what I mean. Your food always makes me feel hungry, I took HRT for 5 years and would have taken it longer if they had let me once I stopped it I could really tell the difference in a very short space of time, I want my Oestrogen back! :( I bet I'm more messy than you, I'll tidy up and within an hour its just as bad again but do you know what I don't even care haha, have a great day. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay Ken! You cut your hair. It has to be easier. Love your random thoughts. I took Estrogen for a short while after my hysterectomy, and decided against it after so much talk about cancer and all. But in looking back, I should have taken it. I had terrible hot flashes that really messed with me. Good luck, hope it helps!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥