Friday, February 17, 2017

I Found It...And it's Mine!

I have search for this particular teacup in this particular color for ages.

There's just something about it in this blue and white that goes to my very soul.
Is that silly to say about a cup?
Maybe so, but it's true.

I found the red and yellow one a few weeks ago and snapped them up.
Not what I truly wanted, but it was close and I feared I'd never find the blue one.

And then like magic...there it was one day on eBay.

I caught it on the very first day of the auction so I had to wait 6 agonizing days to see if someone else was going to try to snatch it from underneath me. I set three alarms on that day to be sure I wouldn't miss the countdown. I had Ken sitting at his computer at the ready in case something happened with mine. I had all the bases covered. With a minute to go, I entered a ridiculous price that I knew would not be matched if someone were to be lurking and try to outbid me at the last second. (Because that's what I do to people all the time when I want something really bad on eBay...I'm EVIL!)

Alas, not another soul bid on it. It was mine. Now I just had to wait for it to make it up here to the Land of the North in one piece. I wrote the lady and upgraded the shipping to priority and asked her to please put extra padding inside. I've received several things in the past damaged beyond repair from the post office. (The red cup above had a chip on one of the legs, for example.)

I wish I'd taken a picture of the box I received it in. OMG...she'd put it in a box that was too small so the box couldn't even be closed without taping the shit out of it. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?? I knew there was no way it had traveled all this way in that box without being totally wrecked.

To my surprise, it was in perfect condition. WHEW! I had my teacup! I finally had it!

I put it here on this little table so I could admire them.
I'll put it somewhere where it can't be knocked off and broken soon.
I live with a house full of bulls, ya know.
I walk by and smile at them several times a day.

I've seen a black one in a picture and an aqua one online from a shop in the UK, but not available for sale. I'm not sure what other colors there were before they discontinued the line. I'll keep my eye out and may or may not get other colors as I see them. I really just wanted the blue and I'm happy with that.

Sorry. That was a long, overly-dramatic story about the teacup. I can be ridiculous like that sometimes.



Still working on the brown doily.

 I saw these at Walmart the other day. Do you know what they are? They're for little kiddies to play with like giant puzzle pieces, but they are squares made of the exact material as the blocking boards you can buy (and I did buy 8 for $25).

They're the exact same thing!
Same size and everything.

You get 28 of them for $13.88!
If you need blocking boards, you can get these in the toy section at Walmart.

This is something else I've been looking for for 106 years.
I used some of this in a restaurant bathroom once.
IT SMELLS DIVINE!
I found it at a grocery store where we rarely shop.
I snapped up two of them cuz they were on sale 2/$5.
I bet Suave has discontinued this, but if you see it, grab it.


I opened my big mouth a couple of posts ago and told y'all how great my nails have been doing. Of course right after that I broke one three days in a row! GAH. So I cut them all off so they would be even and can grow out again. I got this Essie base coat + top coat + strengthener, and I'm still taking my Biotin and Vitamin D every day like a good girl.


I got a new rice cooker. I've had our other one for at least 15 years and it only cooked white rice. This one has a setting for brown rice and has a built-in steamer basket for veggies and such. I works great and we're happy with it.

We're having a poker party again Sunday evening and I'm making those cocktail meatballs that you make with grape jelly and chili sauce in a big crockpot, and then I'll have this big pot of rice to go with them. I'll make cookies or a cake or something for dessert.

OMG...Ken just came back from the post office. Look what he surprised me with...

An English Toffee Frappaccino...cuz he luuurves me.
He knows the way to my heart.

We have a little drive-through coffee shop in town that makes all the same drinks you can get at Starbucks. Can you believe that in this little town? Caffeine is powerful stuff. People love their coffee.

Look at the yummy salads I made for us last night.

I made them a couple of hours early so I put the veggies in a little bowl so the lettuces wouldn't get soggy. It's Romaine mixed with a bag of 50/50 spring greens and spinach.


I made my own dressing with a carrot, 1/2 an apple, about 1/2 cup of orange juice, a drizzle of agave, a drizzle of low sodium soy sauce, two tsp rice wine vinegar, and a Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds. I whirred it all up in the blender and poured it over the salads. It was good! Very different and so fresh tasting. No fat. And then we also had a bowl of brown rice and some steamed broccoli with lots of garlic on the side. 

We've been having lots of stirfrys and rice lately trying to eat more plant-based and good carbs.

I think that's all I gots for ya today. I'm going to go crochet and enjoy my Frapp.

Peace, Sistahs.
(Did we decide we like that one? I do.)

13 comments:

  1. Well where do I start? First of all I love your cup. I think the blue one is my favorite too. It's so frustrating when things aren't wrapped well and it seems like the post office takes delight in throwing in the boxes around as much as possible. I love lavender and vanilla so I'll keep my eyes open for some of that lotion. I seem to use a lot of lotion in the winter. And yes I can definitely believe you have a fancy coffee shop there in your little town. You live in the Northwest now! The land of coffee shops and Starbucks! We have coffee shops on every corner, or hadn't you noticed? Ha ha! Have a lovely afternoon my friend. The sun is even peeking out a bit here today.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good stuff in this post! My favorite kind. I love your teacups. I'm so glad the new one didn't break packed like that for shipping, yikes. You'll have to let us know how the Essie nail stuff works. I always stop and look at the Essie display in Target but I never buy any because it's so expensive. I wish they still sold Rimmel nail polish there because it was good stuff and so cheap. I will treat myself to Essie someday, though. I love that Suave lotion too. I used to use the powder-scented one all the time but my husband has decided he only wants Aveeno lotion due to his eczema so I just use that now. It works well but I wish there were a nice smell to it. Your new rice cooker looks great. I have a 20-year-old basic Zojirushi rice cooker with two settings and it works okay but I would love a nicer one. Maybe I'll ask for Christmas this year. I've been looking at Instant Pots too, maybe they'd be good because I could get rid of the rice cooker and the crockpot, I think. I'm kind of attached to my little old crockpot, though! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your reviews and the cups are adorable I should know I do believe I have the bowls to match them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W H A T ? ? ? ? I'm coming over to your blog right now to leave you a comment. I want to see them!

      Delete
    2. I took A picture and will post tonight late I can see now they are not an exact match but, I would put them with mine any day 😄💟😄

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I love those teacups! So sweet with the little feet. You should take a look at the Instant Pot. It's like a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker all rolled into one. I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you're very happy about that teacup - so pleased you were able to get the one you wanted. I have some of those kids blocks that I use to block my crochet - picked it up at a charity shop quite a few years ago - $5 for a big shopping bag packed full. They're great. Your salad dressing sounds good - lots of interesting flavours there. Have a great weekend. Xox PS .. Many thanks for your email the other day. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Yes, we do like that one! I am howling about your tenacity and fierce bidding. Hope we never want the same thing! LOL! Love those teacups and I hope you are able to find the other colors (looks like you may be pursuing bowls, too). ;) Beautiful crochet. Still wish I were going to be there for poker day! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tea cups. They remind me of the old fashioned claw foot bath tubs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny funny you! Boy you ARE tenacious to get that cup.. it's darling.. have never seen one with feet like that. A black one would be awesome too. That steam pot thing looks neat.. I think I want one too.. or the Instant Pot.. will have to check into those. Anything "instant" is for me! My hubby and both like the "one pot" meals. The salad dressing sounds really yummy... will give it a try, though I can't eat soy sauce unless it is gluten free. Most of it has wheat in it and haven't found any that doesn't. I'm sitting here in my craftroom today with the sun streaming in... is SO nice! Is spring perhaps on the way? or is Mother Nature just teasing us???? I suppose you still have lots of snow on your ground. The poker party sounds fun, especially with all the good food you're preparing. Yum! Take care.... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blue cup is very pretty! The yellow and red ones are lovely too, but the blue one looks so royal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet cups, so pretty and very unusual thank goodness it arrived in one piece!. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your tea cup story! They're very pretty. We're eating more plant based too, and I lost 5 pounds so far, Woot!
    I missed your hairband post the other day. They look really cute on you. I cant wear them because I have such a high forehead and they look silly on me. I really like the black and white one though. Have fun playing poker!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥