Saturday, January 28, 2017

Vet, Crazy Make-Up Lady, Guessing Game

Eli and Fletch waiting for their turn at the vet for a re-check.

They are both healthy and happy, especially Fletch.
He's always grinning and showing his teeth.
The vet commented on how pretty his teeth were for a 9-year-old.
He's always had the prettiest, whitest teeth, and I think he knows it.
He could be on a doggie toothpaste commercial.

Eli's arse is all healed and healthy again.
No more explosions, thank goodness. Ew.

I wanted to show y'all how crazy I am.
No judging!

This is all the new make-up I've bought in the past month.
Good Lord! It looks like a lot when it's all stacked together.

And then I found these in a drawer I had forgotten to include.
I may or may not have two more lipsticks coming in the mail.
Okay, I do.

To be fair, I have been using really old make-up for a looong time. I threw a bunch of the old stuff out and organized my make-up drawer this morning. It was years past due...YEARS.

Let's play Who Knows What This Is?
The stuff in the green box is a clue.

No, it's not a cookie press.

Does it help if I open it up?

You line both sides with rice and put whatever fillings you like down the middle...
(These two pictures are from Walmart.com and are blurry)

Close it, and push it out onto a sheet of Nori Seaweed, roll it up...
AND YOU HAVE SUSHI ROLLS!!

Ken ordered it for me and I got it yesterday. I can't wait to try it! I'm making California Avocado rolls tonight.

I made an easy Chicken and Dumplings recipe a couple of days ago.

I couldn't find the exact method I used just looking quickly on the innernets so here's how I did it...

Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Makes 4 regular servings

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
32 ounces chicken broth plus the water you cooked the chicken in
1 large can Grands Biscuits, butter flavor (not the flaky kind)
1 regular-size can Cream of Chicken soup

You can double all these ingredients if you are making it for more people. 

Put chicken breasts in a large pot and add enough water just to cover. Season with salt, garlic powder, onion flakes, black pepper, and dried oregano. (I didn't measure. Just sprinkle some in. You can adjust later if you want.) Boil chicken for 20 minutes. Remove from water and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return chicken to the water, add chicken broth, and bring back to a boil. 

Flatten the biscuits with your hands, cut into fourths, and drop them one at a time into the boiling chicken broth. Do not stir. Turn heat down to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.

Add the chicken soup to the pot and stir underneath the dumplings with a fork until the soup is incorporated well. Adjust seasonings to taste. Done.

************************

Some of you didn't get the joke in my last post. I DID NOT buy the Hillary book, and I would NEVER buy a Hillary book. I was making fun of the fact that the price was marked down to nearly nothing...cuz she's a loser. LOL. Well she is.

Enough of that. I think I'm done. Buh-bye.

See ya.

9 comments:

  1. Awe poor Hillary. Love the soup I'm owing to try it. Your babies all look happy. I don't wear makeup but I feel for you. I bought some of those sally Hanson cuticle cream and I love it. Thanks for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:28 PM

    hi pammy sue...so glad your puppies are better...fletch does have that beautiful, cheeky grin...and eli is so attentive to you...with his own gorgeous face...speaking of faces...makeup...that is quite the collection you have acquired...you are right to throw out the old stuff...and old brushes and applicators...i wish there were - smell o' blog - for the chicken soup...quick and yummy...the sushi filling-tube is something...might work to fill other food wraps...would the sushi wrap be something you would prepare for your poker night?...thank you for your as always wonderful post...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coincidentally, I was just going to organize my make up drawer today after buying several new makeup items last week. Some of the items I bought were completely new to me and some were new ones of what I had run out of that I liked. I actually stocked up on a couple of items that I think might be going away in the near future. It aggravates me when something that I like and looks good on me disappears and then I have to search for and order it online and pay shipping fees. My project tomorrow is going to be to get rid of some of that old fossilized makeup that is hanging around in here.

    I am glad your pup's pain in the rear is all behind him now (so to speak). I always enjoy seeing pics of your little pups. They are so cute and full of personality.

    I like the sushi making gizmo. When I make sushi by hand it always tastes a lot better than it looks. After rolling it up in the sea weed mine always looks more than slightly lumpy, like there might be a dead mouse somewhere in there, and none of the rolls are uniform in size. You made me so hungry for sushi. I am going to have to make some myself. It is one of those foods that I prefer not to get at a restaurant this time of year with all of the flu, cold and now they say noro(sp?) virus is going around in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waut....sushi where you live. I'm lking you're idea and location more each day, my smart friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pammy Sue,
    Your dogs are so cute! And yes, that does look like a lot of makeup. I wouldn't have guessed that's a sushi maker.
    I love your new header photo. Such a beautiful winter view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your little dogs are all well. They really look healthy and happy. I am going to try your chicken and dumplings recipe. My mother made the best ones with regular scratch biscuit dough. I have never been able to duplicate hers. Mine always come out tough. I never thought of using canned biscuits. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your pups. They are all so cute and I'm glad both Eli and Fletch are feeling better. That's always a worry, when our furbabies don't feel well. That is a LOT of make-up! LOL. I don't wear much at all because of allergies and I must admit, it's a relief to not try to keep up with the latest and greatest products. Hubby says he doesn't care either. Much easier! But I'm glad you're getting rid of the old stuff and getting new. Now. That sushi maker. That's something else! I love sushi and may just have to get one of those. Good sushi is just one of the reasons I miss Japan. Have a lovely Sunday my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, the Wasabi tipped me off. Gotta have it with sushi. California rolls are one of my favorite. I've never made my own, but did buy some sushi rice once just to try it out. Have fun playing with your new roll maker. The dogs, as usual - are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you're making me hungry again! That's all I can say. My mom used to make the BEST chicken and dumplings I ever tasted.. and I've tried a couple of times but they came out gummy and gooshy.. yuk. I'm on a green drink kick lately as my liver count is high.. so got to clean that sucker out. gotta go work on my afghan! procrastinating too long now. Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥