Thursday, January 12, 2017

Product Reviews!

Outside my office window yesterday at 4:30pm.
That's the moon. It came out a bit brighter than it actually was, but it was purdy!

Fletch had a birthday on the 8th. He's 9 already!
Oh my lord, what will I do without my Fletch some day?


I've been working on this white baby blanket for days and days.

I showed this pic on Instagram the other day. Fletch was so curious about these ribbons. I think he thought they were some kind of toy for him. I bought all three because I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use for the trim on this blanket. I still don't know which one I want to use. I have another two days or so left to crochet the blanket and edging and it will be done. I love this pattern. I'll tell you all about it when I show you the finish.

NOW...

It's been SO LONG since I did a product review! I've had my face stuck into my phone watching YouTube videos for days. I'm obsessed with Vlogs and the make-up tutorials and make-up reviews. I really am. I've ordered a TON of make-up and beauty products in the last few days online. I can hardly wait for them to arrive. It's gonna be like my birthday or Christmas or something.  But it reminded me that I haven't done a product review in forever, so here we go...


First is this cleaning product. It really doesn't matter if it's the brand-name or a generic brand...at least I haven't noticed a difference. Unless someone is coming over to the house, I keep these on the counter in the bathroom. I'm constantly doing quick wipe-downs on the sink and counter with these, and I even drop one on the floor and clean the floor with it - just step on it and rub my foot along the baseboards and floor, and do a wipe-down on the toilet too. It's quick and keeps your bathroom clean between deeper cleanings. I don't have a housekeeper anymore since we moved from Texas and I'm just learning these little tips on keeping a clean house. With five dogs, you can imagine that's not an easy task! I couldn't do it without these. I keep them in the kitchen too for counter wipes and spills on the floor.

NEXT!

This Sally Hansen cuticle massage cream with apricot oil is great! I love the smell of it. It smells like apricots and oranges and grapefruit. YUM. I keep it by my bed and rub it on my cuticles at night when I'm watching TV. I get dry cuticles and will bite them and pull at them if I don't keep this cream on them. About $5-ish at Walmart. I noticed a huge price difference online, from $5 to $8!

NEXT!

This is my second can of this Herbal Essences Hairspray. It smells yummy like citrus too, and it holds really well. It's a BIG can and it's not too expensive. I think this was $5 and change at Walmart.

NEXT!


I've told you about this one before. I could not live without it. Could. Not. Live. I even use it on my clean hair too because it makes your hair hold and look better. I have very limp, fine hair. This is the unscented, but the scented smells really good. I just got the unscented by accident this time. Also $5-something at Walmart.

NEXT!


I use this gel on my wet hair before blow-drying, especially if I'm going to curl my hair. It makes your style hold better. I always use it on my bangs and top of my head whether I'm curling it or not. It gives it volume.

Lastly...

Bonnie Bell Skin Musk

I've told y'all about this at least twice over the years, but it's one of my all-time favorite things. It costs $12.99 at Walmart and I buy 2-3 boxes at a time. I've also ordered it online a couple of times. I wear this every day of my life whether I'm wearing another scent or not. I put this on right out of the shower. It smells so freakin' good, and it's light. I started wearing this years ago after reading and interview with Sara Jessica Parker in In-Style Magazine. She said the same things I said above...she wears it every day and buys several boxes at a time, blah, blah, blah. Target used to carry it too, but I haven't seen it there in a while.

That's it on the product reviews. Do y'all like it when I do these?

I came across this picture of Ollie...

Sorry about the blur.
Do y'all remember when he was a puppy and broke his leg?
It was so AWFUL! Poor baby.

Okay, that's it.
Thanks for reading!
See ya.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the cuticle cream. I'll have to get some and try it. I have dry nails to.
    I love Fletch's curiosity, he's such a cutie. Our Rosie will be 10yrs old (estimated) on the 18th of this month. Since we really don't know her real birth date (she was rescued), we gave her January 18th because that was the day we adopted her. It makes my heart sink when I think of them getting older.
    On a happier note . . . I'm loving this weather. All the sparkling snow here in Oregon City is so beautiful.
    Take care, keep warm & love on those pups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews. I use the disinfecting wipes all of the time too. They're in the bathroom and the kitchen and I use them much like you do. Poor Ollie. He looks so pitiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use disinfectant wipes all the time, actually this morning before heading off to work I gave my bench a quick going over with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the review and can one up you on the dry shampoo I use a product called Batiste is feels better in your hair and not so gritty as others cause it is made with rice flour I like you use it same day I shampoo it is wonderful others kinds are fine too just like this a tad better 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already use the disinfecting wipes, but I'm off to try all but the dry shampoo later today! Ha! Can't wait to see which ribbon you choose! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely use some cuticle cream and I'm out of dry shampoo, so will check out this brand. I agree that those wipes come in handy all over the house. Waiting for that baby blanket finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your product reviews.. makes me want all of them! I love a citrus orange lemon smell on anything. Your baby blanket looks so pretty. I wonder how you put ribbon trim on them? Please tell when you post the "done" pictures! I'm still working on mine but it's getting bigger. I think 3 more rounds and I'll be done, but of course the rounds are getting bigger and it takes longer! I can only work on it when the cats are sleeping, as they always want to play with the yarn if I work on it when they're up and about! I keep the disinfecting wipes in my bathroom too.... to wipe down the toilet and floor for quick cleanups, especially if I know company IS coming! Love them! Your moon picture is so so pretty.. and all your snow out in the country.... we still have a ton here, about 2 feet on the ground..and next few days it's supposed to warm up, then melt, then causing flooding! Oh such fun. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I love product reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:27 PM

    hi pammy sue...a pretty picture with the moon and snow...enjoy the new header photo, also...thank you for the product reviews...they are really helpful...i recall a while ago you recommended a wet mop and bucket (i forget the brand name)...and i purchased and use same to great ease...i also use the cleaning wipes, frequently...to use only takes a moment and keeps all reasonably clean and odor free...i haven't used a dry shampoo, however, i will soon, as sometimes, for a quick errand, i am unable to really "pretty up"...a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet fletch...i recall your post about ollie's broken leg...full recovery with lots of tlc...is the blanket pattern a sc, dc, repeat?...that is a pattern i'm working on now, using lion brand, heartland...my most favorite stitch pattern for blankets, shawls, scarves, etc. is the lion brand, from pound of love yarn, crochet hooded baby blanket...no gaps, there is texture and the item is nice and warm...please continue with the product reviews...and always love to read your posts...blessings...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though we can't get those products here I still love reading about them, I always used to use wipes too and still do but not as much since I saw a program about how they aren't good for the environment and are destroying the planet. I never even thought about it before but it looks like you have to analyze everything you do these days. I love your header what a magnificent view! have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your product reviews.
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥