Saturday, December 03, 2016

Really Pretty or Really Fugly?

A smidgen of snow. Hmpf!
Where is it this year?
It's very late!


My succulents have been in the front mudroom in the windows since I brought them in around the first of October. I had been neglecting them and decided it was time to give them some love and WATER. That's the good thing about succulents. You can ignore them and they still don't die. So they're all happy and loved and their thirst has been quenched.

My Amaryllis are huge. Both are 20 inches, and one even has two bulbs.



I've had this skein of yarn sitting around for about a month waiting to be made into something.

Love or Hate?
Or maybe just meh?

I made these last night. I'm not sure if I really love them or really hate them. I made the wrist part longer to go further up your arm, and this is the first time I've made these gloves using two different colors. I'm just not sure about them. I was going to give them to our mail lady as a Christmas gift, but I'm not sure I want to give away something I don't like myself. The best gifts to give are those you want to keep for yourself, right? Maybe she's a big Steeler's fan. Ha. I doubt it here in Seahawks country. I'm going to make another pair or two in different colors and ruminate on this pair a while.

This is another project I'm about to begin. I would have already started it, but I need to wind the hanks into balls with my handy-dandy winder. I rolled one by hand, but it took a good 30 minutes. I can do it much faster with the winder with Ken holding my hanks on his arms. That sounds nasty. LOL. You know what I mean.


F O O D
Make your man happy with this one...

All you need is 1 lb of hamburger seasoned and browned.
Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Drain and remove hamburger from skillet.

Then add about 1/4 cup of canola or veg oil and get it hot.
Add a whole package of these frozen potatoes...


Season with the same seasonings.
Let it get super-brown. This will take about 20 minutes.
Resist the urge to stir and press it down with a spatula to help it brown.

Add your browned meat back to the pan when the potatoes are browned.
Stir and let it get good and hot again.

Add cheese to the top if you want.
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
And there you have it. It's a man-pleaser.
HAMBURGER HASH.
I like mine with plenty of ketchup.
Leftovers are good the next day with some eggs scrambled into it.


I'm gonna go crochet.
See ya.

5 comments:

  1. Dennis is at the trailer and just sent me a video...about the same amount of snow as you have. I kill succulents. People say you can't, so I've tried several times but I always kill them. The wristlets look great. I think your letter carrier will like them even if they aren't green and blue! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51 PM

    I love those fingerless mitten. Yellow is such a cheery color in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well with the mittens you won't get lost in the snow? Well when it finally happens 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the gloves!! I have a pair, and I wear them a lot. I think your mail lady would love them Pammy Sue!
    You need a swift. Then Ken won't have to hold the hang on his arms.
    I wish it would snow, snow, snow, and rain, rain rain here! It has been very windy, and dry! My skin is cracking! But coldy. We have a fire almost every night now.
    I haven't looked at blogs in forever.
    Love you girl.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gloves are a big YES! Love them and love the two colors! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pink ones! Wore them last night in the house as my hands got cold. Hubby turned off the elec. fireplace as he was warm enough. Was only about 64 in here! bur.r..r.r. I told him last summer when he kept the A/C going 24/7 so he could be cool.. that he'd better remember that when I wanted the heater going when I was cold. So I'm going to have to remind him! How did I get on the subject of heat? oh.. gloves.... anyway.. I do like those and like the longer cuff. Anyone would love them. Oh and your mud room table holds an array of delights! The plant pot crocheted cover is darling.. and love the cover for the rock. Oh that tiny thread.. I just can't work with it, I'm all thumbs. Hope you get more of the white stuff.. I think it's coming very soon.. then you can make some more of that hash and enjoy it by the fire. It looks delish.. I make something similar too, with ground turkey (and gotta have the cheese on top!).. xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥