Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Cutest, Weirdest Thing EVER!

I tried something different with the bows.
I like 'em. Less sewing...yes!
And the color is way better than the black and gold.

I had to roll up my hanks of Knit Picks Gloss Fingering yarn.
I bought four hanks of it and a pattern to make a shawl.
Ken helped me get it rolled up last night.

But right now I've been focusing on these Willow squares.
I've always thought it was such a pretty square for a blanket.
I'm using a Size F hook and worsted Red Heart yarn.
The pattern is in a book, 200 Crocheted Blocks.


OH MY GOSH! I almost forgot to tell you about this!
You HAVE to go look at this little bird on Instagram or YouTube or Facebook.
I'm obsessed with watching this thing!
Click here for Instagram:  Rhea_thenakedbirdie
Look at all the videos and pictures. He's so sweet! (She?)

It has a skin and beak disease so it won't grow feathers.
I love the videos of her hopping around just happy as can be.

****************************************

C O O K I E S!
Nom, nom, nom...

I've never made these cookies before, have you? It's so simple. I followed the instructions HERE in this video. So quick and easy. I have to make 4-5 dozen cookies for my Homemaker's Club. Everyone will bring cookies and we'll split them up into 50 platters to deliver to every person who lives alone in our little town for Christmas. I thought I'd do a test run of this recipe before choosing it for some of my cookies. I think I'm also making some Snowball Cookies and some Pretzel Toffee Shortbread Cookies also.

I was talking to Sammi and told her Santa is coming soon right before I snapped this picture.
She knew I meant someone is coming, she's just wondering who Santa is. Hee.

My Amaryllis is about to burst open!
This is a light pink one. 
My other one is red, but it's not coming along quite as fast.

I haven't gotten one Christmas decoration out yet. I've been so busy with work I just haven't taken the time. I told Ken we'd better hurry up or it won't be worth all the time putting stuff up and taking it down. It would help if it would just snow already. Come on snow!

See ya!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely crochet. I just love that block pattern. Your Amaryllis is doing very well. I still want to try the cookies but haven't been to the grocery store to buy the supplies. I didn't put many decorations up this year just a few to remind me of the season.
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mittens and blocks are very pretty. I can't wait to see the shawl you will be making. The cookies look yummy! Is that peanut butter cups I see? It's very generous for you and your friends to give them away. I wanted to let you know that I made the seafoam salad and the pineapple cake over the weekend. They are delicious, and I think the cake actually tastes better the second day. I also got my profile fixed so now people can click on my picture to find my blog. I think google messed it up but at least now it's fixed. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that block! I should make some of those too. I have soooo much yarn that I don't know what to do with anymore and I've been thinking about making blankets to donate, either babies or old people. I don't know if anyone around here takes blankets, though. They wouldn't even take my furniture, that I'd been using myself up until that very day, when I tried to have it collected for the homeless. Said it wasn't nice enough for the homeless, to my great surprise. I will be baking cookies this weekend. I have to donate 2-4 dozen to my kids' school for a bake sale next week and I'll probably make enough to keep another 4 dozen or so. I'm trying to eat light this week so I can gorge on cookies next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree these are much nicer than the gold and black so pretty, I have made that block too and thought it was lovely, I like your colour choices, those cookies look different and very yummy. Thank you for leaving such sweet comments on my blog it's much appreciated. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the verigated blues on the mittens. So so pretty. Everything you make is pretty! And those blocks... so so pretty too (Willow Squares). And those cookies? yum yum. I don't even know if I'll make Christmas cookies this year. Hubby and I are trying to cut down on the sweets and starches.. and I know if I make any, we'll eat them all.. who else is there to eat them? could give some to neighbors but most don't eat sweets.. we're a bunch of "old" folks I guess (or fat folks?). I'm amazed at how much crocheting you get done, plus cooking, plus working! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's taken nearly two weeks but I've finally read all of your blog posts from the past 5 YEARS! I used to read faithfully during my lunch break at work, but I've been retired since fall of 2011 and don't do much on the computer anymore. When I got the urge to catch up with your activities, I was shocked to read that you're living in WA with a man named Ken! OMG! I just had to rewind and catch up with all that I'd missed! LOL! You sound so very happy these days and I'm happy for you! Now...get some snow, put up the tree, and do some more baking! I love everything about your blog...keep it up forever please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blankets, these squares are gorgeous.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥