Friday, November 11, 2016

Sunshiny Day Crochet Pictures

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!
My husband proudly served 6 years as an MP in the U.S. Army.
And my daddy served for 22 years in the U.S. Air Force.
Thank you for your service, all you vets!

I woke up to sunshine today! It's supposed to rain after today for the next week. I really like that too...even more than the sun. I plan on crocheting today, adding to my stack of squares and doily.

I worked on my skull doily (are you sick of hearing that yet?) last night. I have less than two rounds to go and it'll be done. It is not an easy doily. You must pay close attention, which is something I have trouble with unless I'm completely alone. That means no dogs begging for attention and getting their legs hooked on my thread and running half-way through the house with it. I hate when that happens! But I'd like to see a video of that. 

I went to Flickr this morning. I'd forgotten how much I love going there and looking at all the pictures. I haven't been there but once or twice since we move and that was over a year ago. I want to show you some of my favorites I saw there this morning. I know I showed other people's crochet yesterday, but I hope you still enjoy it as much as I did.

Off we go!

CUTE snowman. By "carolyn"

Bobbles! By "Sue Webb"

Cute little hanging owl! By "Vendulka Maderska"

So perfectly stitched! By "Bruna Cazarini"

Love this blanket. By "1001 Crochet"

Everyone loves a granny! By "Crochyay Boxes"

Doilies by "Elena"

Cute baby set. By "Nora Rexach"

More sweet snowmen. By "perlinavichinga"

I really love this stack of ivory and white! By "Adriana Mani"

And these last two are mine...


Ollie

*************************

I just thought of something. I bet the jets fly over today. They almost always do when it's sunny. I'm going to get a warm sweater on and take my crochet and camera outside on the back porch.

I'm also going to make a cake today. I'm thinking about one of my favorites, a pineapple-coconut cake. YUM. I haven't made it in a loooooong time. I'm going to get up and do that right now.

To my readers outside the U.S., not all of us Americans are all hysterical and blubbering on about the outcome of the election. Thank God our leaders in Washington are not reacting in the same ridiculous manner. It's a peaceful transition of power here, and it's a wonderful thing! Most of us are happy as can be and have a lot of hope for what's to come. Thank you for your comments and questions about it. I hope my answers in my comments section and via email have been helpful.

Okay, I'm off to make CAKE! 

12 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the crochet. That stack of ivory and brown and white is beautiful. Enjoy the sunshine my friend. Dennis wanted to do some raking tomorrow but I don't think he'll have that opportunity if the rain sets in like it says.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie is so sweet, I have 3 little dogs, 1 is very much like your Ollie. Enjoyed the pictures, especially the pretty slippers and doilies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a bunch of beautiful work to soak in besides everything love snowman and owl and slippers and rose doily and brown and white totally gorgeous stuff 💟🌹💟

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that blanket by 1001 crochet. I'd like to make one like that but have too many WIPs at the moment and its starting to get embarrassing. Your doily is beautiful - as is little Ollie xoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how I do love the 1001 crochet blanket. Thank you for all the other pics, too. Sweet little Ollie at the end just made me smile. ((hugs)) and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rose doily is so pretty! A friend gave me a bag of crochet cotton thread and I have been thinking about making some multi-color doilies. I have mostly made just single color ones so far. But I have to finish my shawl first. So many projects in my mind. If only I could crochet and knit faster! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need to do the 1001 blanket next, but who am I to say. That cake sounds mighty yummy. So did the planes fly over......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am from outside the U.S. and from my perspective we don't think that all Americans are hysterical or blubbering. I think the overwhelming feeling is pity that a man who has little political experience is going to be running the supposed greatest country in the world. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:06 AM

    You sure have an interesting blog Pammy Sue. I really enjoy reading about your place, crocheting projects, your cute dogs and the lovely photos you share. The crochet items are all beautiful. The prettiest is your rose doily. Is the pattern available? Your cake sounds delicious. I'm off to make an apple pie today. Enjoy the weekend! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love looking at other's work! Love the owl and the granny log cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those snowmen were my favorite! And the Ollie picture too! I just made a gingerbread cake yesterday. Thank goodness it's finally getting colder here. The cooler weather makes me want to bake everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything you showed.... I need to go check out the darling pattern on Ravelry for the owl. LOVE it! I needed some lightening up today... missed some of your posts so going back and reading them and commenting. I wish there was a way to "follow" you on your blog! Oops.. just looked outside and it's raining! Oh no.... oh yes! now I can stay inside today and craft (and maybe make that yummy pineapple cake you make in your newest post)!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥