Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pineapple-Coconut Cake





The cake turned out great. I love this cake. I did a search on my blog to see if I had posted the recipe before, but nothing turned up so I'm going to give it to you now.

Pineapple-Coconut Cake

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil (I used canola)
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
20-oz can of crushed pineapple (do not drain)

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix above ingredients together in a large bowl by hand. Don't use an electric mixer. Pour into a greased 9" x 13" pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Topping:
1 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1 cup finely-chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place milk, sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan and heat to a rolling boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla, pecans, and coconut. Mix well and pour hot mixture over hot cake. (I poked holes in my cake first, but that's optional.) Cool completely. You can store in refrigerator or leave it on the counter at room temperature. I like mine refrigerated because the topping gets more sugary and I like that.




These are my two Amaryllis bulbs that I planted and set by the window in my office. It's so fun watching them grow. I can hardly wait to see the big blooms around Christmas.

Here are all the squares I've been making. I think I've settled on using THIS PATTERN for at least some of the squares. Thanks to Debi Y. for the free pattern. The rest are regular grannies in different sizes. Not sure if I'll use those in the final blanket. I'll see what happens over time.

Soon the fall decorations will come down and the Christmas stuff will go up.
Where does the time go? I'm getting a little ahead of myself I guess. 
I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving and the rest of autumn first.

See ya.

7 comments:

  1. That cake looks wonderful! I plan to make it tomorrow when I can get an earlier start. HA! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue,

    The cake looks wonderful. I haven't done much baking recently, I guess I'm getting lazy. This recipe sounds easy enough, I should give it a try.
    Looks like a good start for your amaryllis. Nice crochet squares, and I especially like the crochet scarecrow.
    Hugs from California,

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks so good and I'll make if I can convert to Gluten and dairy free.....Can't believe your got you Amaryllis browning already. Your crochet square are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my mouth is watering! I may just have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello today Pam! The cake looks out of this world! I've had my heart set on some gluten free harvest pumpkin space bars with cream cheese frosting... so must make those first.. then comes the pineapple cake! I have to eat it all gluten free, but I think I can do the pineapple cake just fine gluten free. Your recipes all look so good. This time of year is when I start craving everything pumpkin... even pumpkin butter, which I can get at Trader Joes only this time of year. I'm off to bake on this dreary, rainy day..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally just saw that exact same cake recipe on Facebook a few minutes ago. Thought it looked so good I saved it for later. Then came over to see what you've been up to and saw the cake again. It's a sign. I've gotta make it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made your cake. I posted a pic of it on my blog so you can see. It's quite lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥