Thursday, November 03, 2016

Oh Canada, Donuts, Buddha, and Cubs

Ollie lying on the back of the couch watching the world go by.

I made donuts.

A whole six of them.

They were okay, but nothing earth-shattering.

The skull doily a couple of days ago. I'm about half-way through the second row of skulls now. Watching sports and making this doily do not go together well. I ripped out a row or two more than once. Silence and solitude is best for this.

Was that not the most nerve-wracking 7th game of the World Series EVER?
Oh my lord, I was a mess. But very happy for the Cubs when it was finally over.



I got a little Happy Buddha for my birthday yesterday.
Perfect.

Then we took off for Canada to have lunch.

It was a foggy, raining, and chilly birthday.
So just a regular day for around here this time of year.





We stopped at this pub for lunch.

This is what it looked like on the inside.
This is the pub side of a fancy steakhouse.
I was more in a pub mood than a fancy mood.

We did some walking in the rain with our umbrella in Trail, B.C.
I wanted to get a closer look at this church.




The Japanese Maple out front had dropped all its leaves.
So beautiful and such a vibrant RED.

We had a nice day. And we had a little excitement when our car got searched at the border coming into Canada. I guess we looked sketchy or shady or something! We had to pull over and get out of the car while they looked. I was a little panicked because I keep a little prescription bottle with no label on it in my purse with a mixture of Tylenol, Advil, and Benadryl. When he opened my purse and started sifting through all my junk, I was afraid he was going to find it and arrest me until they verified what they were. Either he didn't see them or he didn't care. They looked hard, but of course they found nothing and we were sent on our way. I blamed it on Ken and his long hair and ponytail. Hehehe. Hippy!

I'm off to my room to finish a little crochet project.
I've had my pajamas on all day.
No need to bother with real clothes now.

See ya.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the beautiful photos of your area. Today's fog pics made me homesick for the northern Calif coast. Yikes! That had to be a bit nerve racking when you got pulled over at the border. Glad it turned out A-Ok. How about them Cubbies? I was chewing yarn tails trying to keep calm. I'm not a BB fan but DH is a die-hard Cubs fan and has been since 1947. Guess you have to be if born and raised in "old" south Chicago.
    Please keep showing your crochet work. I truly enjoy your pics and writings about each one.
    BTW-I love your fur babies. They have such great personalities and they're so cool- especially Eli- what an attitude. Hope your day has been blessed and Happy Belated Birthday.
    Ren-in-Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:12 PM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, PAMMY SUE...an interesting trip to canada with the border search...so glad you guys are "squeaky clean"...though your blog readers, along with your puppies would vouch for you guys...i am currently working on cross-stitch christmas ornaments...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Pammy Sue!!! Fun trip. The church and Japanese Maple are lovely. We always get waved on through into Canada, it's coming home that we get searched. We must look sketchy too! :-). The skull doily is coming long nicely. I don't think I would have been ble to work on it during tha game either, nail biter for sure!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Happy Birthday Pammy Sue! I 'bout died when it started raining at the Cubs game and they went into the tenth inning. Love the pictures of the old church, the Pub looks like it could be a fun place on a weekend, and the skull crochet is coming along great. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoy all the pictures. Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Pammy! Mine was the 1st! November birthdays are the best, right? :-)

    Love all the pictures! The doughnuts look great! You're own recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Pammy Sue. You always post great pictures and I enjoy each and every one. Especially of the "furry ones".

    ReplyDelete
  8. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Loved the photos of the foggy countryside, the church and especially the fallen red leaves. Have fun finishing that doily, it's going to be cool. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late Birthday! What an adventure you had at the border! I like your doily and I might just have to make one too. Your scenery pictures are beautiful as usual.
    deborahnhamilton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - had to laugh about you two looking suspicious at the border. Did you give the inspector a hard time? It looks like its very cold there now. Love your pictures. Xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥