Monday, November 14, 2016

Gloves Finished





I finished crocheting these gloves days ago, but they've been sitting waiting for the faux straps and buttons to be sewn on. I hate sewing! But it's always fun to make these gloves about this time every year. I love the pattern. I bought two more colors of yarn to make more, and I'll be doing that within a few days.  (The pattern I use is HERE.)

Meanwhile...

I'll be making 48 of these white grannies. I think I have 12 more to make and sew the ends in before I'm onto the next step. I've changed my mind completely about those navy and earthtone squares. I like the miter-square granny blanket that I posted from Flickr a couple of days ago so much, I'm going to make one like that. 

Guess what came in the mail today?
We've been waiting months!

The sixth and final season of Game of Thrones!
Yipee! I'm so excited to see how everything turns out.

So I'll be glove-making, crocheting on miter granny squares, eating popcorn, and in a medieval world of dungeons and dragons for the next few days. We're going to try not to watch it 10 hours straight and savor it over a few days instead. We'll see how that works out.

Uh-huh.

See ya.

11 comments:

  1. Love the gloves :) and hate to tell you but Game of Thrones is back next year. I am rewatching from season one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan for the next few days. Love the fingerless gloves and look forward to seeing your mitered blankie. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your gloves and the buttons are so sweet.
    My DH and I binge watched Game of Thrones, oh my what a show!
    Not only will life go on. It will go on with or without any of us. ;)
    So happy you're posting more often. I love the photos you've taken plus seeing & reading about all your pup-dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gloves. The buttons are so cute. And that's a gorgeous doily!
    Enjoy Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, and granny squares are growing in numbers πŸŒΈπŸ˜„πŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, life goes on. I wish more folks would acknowledge this and move on. :) Love fingerless gloves in any shape or form. Love the buttons you used. ♥
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the prettiest mitts going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh YEAH Girl....LOVE those Gloves!!!
    I'm gonna have to try those eventually!
    Thanks for the link to the pattern.
    Good luck NOT having a 10 hour marathon ... sounds like how we do things here :-)))
    Love the Robert Frost quote too.
    Tootles...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gloves pammy Sue the buttons finish them off beautifully, I hate the sewing and the finishing too. Looking forward to seeing the progress of your blanket, I've got my eye on one that I'd like to do too but it means I may have to buy yarn why is t that no matter how much stash you have there's never enough of the color you want. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are darling! And the white squares are so pretty. I'm going to need to figure out how to join all the squares I make for the lacey blanket I'm going to attempt. I have two other granny square blankets one (all the blocks are done) but have never joined them as not sure how, other than just sewing them together with some more yarn. I know there are other decorative ways to join. Guess I need to watch a YouTube video! Love your quote too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥