Friday, November 25, 2016

Delicious and Different Pinwheel Recipe

Some how my Thanksgiving post got deleted.
Hmpf! It wasn't much anyway. You didn't miss a thing.

But...I have a GREAT recipe to share today.



Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
These are SO good!
And aren't they pretty? Perfect for the Holidays.

Cranberry-Feta Pinwheels

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 large Spinach tortillas

Mix first four ingredients in a bowl. (I put mine in the microwave for 30 seconds on high and it made it much easier to mix. Spread 1/2 of mixture onto each tortilla all the way out to the edges. Roll tortillas up and cut off the uneven ends. (These are the cook's privilege to eat these morsels of yumminess! They're not pretty, but they taste good!) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours until well-chilled. Slice and serve.

Recipe Credit:  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and followed the link HERE for the recipe.


Wednesday I watched cheesy Hallmark movies.
I looked through a new pattern book and Miss Sammi kept me company.
And I crocheted a bunch more squares...


Square count is 70 now. I'm going to have to lay them all out and see how many more I want to make. The pattern calls for making 117, but I think that's too many. I'm not going for a huge blanket this time and my squares are about 1/2 an inch larger than the gauge. The border on this blanket is gorgeous. I can't wait to get to that part. But first I must get the squares done and sew them together.

This Red Heart yarn is killing me. My whole face itches when I'm crocheting with hit...my nose, under my nose, the rims of my eyes, my forehead...GAH. What is it in Red Heart yarn that does that to me? And not all colors either, just certain ones. Very weird.

Trying to look as cute as possible.
He wants a lick of Daddy's sucker.
We've ruined him forever.

Look at my precious old Sammi Girl.
She'll be 10 at the end of this month.
She's not going to have much black left on her if she keeps graying.
Even her back has gray hairs all through it.


I'm thinking about dragging out the Christmas decorations today.
I'm going to make a Pumpkin Pie first.

Enjoy the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend!
See ya.

9 comments:

  1. I like the pinwheels they look very delicious🎄Your dog begging is too cute ☺️and the crochet work and color is fantastic too😊have a wonderful day 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:34 PM

    hi pammy sue...the photo with fletch waiting his turn at his dad's pop...all your guys are the absolute cutest...also i don't recall seeing this angle towards the interior front door...a lovely entrance, with the light from the window and door...with your decorator's touch, your christmas decor will surely be stunning,,,thank you for the pinwheel recipe...tempting appetizers...a warm post-thanksgiving how-dee and wish all, all the best...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks like such a cozy place to spend the holidays. And you company is pretty cute too. Hallmark movies and yarn are my kind of evenings. ♥
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those squares Pammy Sue but I need to get some of the 15 afghans done that I have started. I'm working on the double rainbow squares now.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of those pinwheels but we've eaten way too much this trip already. At TPA flying to FLL this morning to cruise and eat some more. Egads, diet in 2017 for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the yummy pinwheels recipe they look so yummy. I am so excited to see your blanket. Please keep us updated, I can't wait to see it. Wishing you a most lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pinwheels look quite posh I think, I may make some of those for my Christmas buffet, I can't wait to see your blanket all sewn up it's going to be lovely. Maybe you are allergic to some of the colour dyes Pammy Sue, I feel like that if the wool has loose fibres like mohair type yarn. Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sammi looks like a wise old soul. The pinwheels sound like a great lunch idea. Just finished my 3rd piece of pumpkin pie today - I think I'm done now(burp). Watched that exact same Hallmark movie. Some of them are really good, and then there are a few that just stink, but that's part of the fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam.. I missed this post! I have to go check every couple of days to see if you've posted! Your lacy squares are sure multiplying... you must be a speedo with the hands and hook! You make more in a week than I make in a year... ah me. the pinwheel recipe looks absolutely gorgeous (and delicious I might add)! What a wonderful Christmas dish... I don't know if I can find a gluten free spinach wrap, but it makes it so festive.. and I LOVE cream cheese. Yum. Your doggies are so darling and I agree, I love the bit of the front of your house that shows up in one of the pictures. I'm kind of getting in the mood for Christmas now, but not enough to drag out decorations. I DID, however, buy a pretty red and white snowflake cuddly blanket today (yes, I know.. I should have crocheted one.....) to put on my bed with my white chenille bedspread that I scored last summer at a thrift store. A pretty red and white crocheted afhgan WOULD be awfully pretty though, right? I'm excited to see you start work on that border for the minty lacy one. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥