Monday, November 07, 2016

Crocheting A Lot, Winter Flowers, and Dogs


These are the colors I picked out to start a new blanket with. I really love them, but haven't quite settled on a pattern yet. I started these plain granny squares and then thought I had a pattern picked out, but after crocheting nearly all day yesterday making different sized squares and crocheting them together. It was going to look like this...


Looks good in the chart all colored in with pencil...BUT... I hated the way it looked after finishing the bottom right section so I ripped it all out! All that work for nothing. 

I started making some new squares from a different pattern today. We'll see how that goes.

A couple of days ago, I made two pairs of crocheted gloves to give as gifts, both of which I'm using this pretty button on. I just have to get the straps and buttons sewn on. I'll show you those when I'm finished.

Because of all the other crochet I've been doing, I haven't worked on the skull doily. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten it and I will finish it, I hope soon. I hope to work on it tonight.

I got a surprise birthday gift in the mail! I was so happy to get these. I found myself sitting on the bed reading the card and smiling. I have such a sweet friend in Kris. What a sweetheart to give me a pair of her knitted socks. I know how much time a gift like this takes and I'm was very touched at her kindness. Thank you, my friend!

I got a better picture of the socks on my feet, but when I saw Fletcher in the background of this picture, I had to use it. LOL. What a weird face! 

Those of you who want to have an Amaryllis all bloomed out and beautiful at Christmas time, they have them in stock at Walmart now. I found them in the garden section outside on a stand like the above. It's really very easy. It even comes with its own planter and soil. All you do is add water and keep it moistened for the next month or two. It grows fast and you'll have big fat blooms at Christmas. I love these! If you want to refresh your memory, THIS is what mine looked like last year. And HERE are more great pictures of it.

I got three different kinds of the Amaryllis. They also had Paperwhites, but I didn't get any of those. I might pick one up next trip. 

The geraniums on the porch still look pretty darn good for November. Our weather has stayed at right about 50 degrees every day, dropping in the 40s at night. I'm going to bring these in soon and keep them in the mudroom so maybe they'll grow and bloom again next year.

We went out to the orchard and picked a bunch more apples today. We got three big crates full. They are mostly for the deer. We still have a bunch on two of the trees. I may go out there and pick some for a  pie. A traditional apple pie sounds good to me right now. Anyway...when we were coming in, I saw Sammi sitting up on the table on the porch...

She was just sitting there all by herself.

Silly girl.

Eli was watching the goings-on and men working at the DOT sand place next door.



**********************

I put some carrots, red potatoes, and onion in the crock pot with two big chicken breasts. I tossed it with some olive oil and seasoned it up exactly like the chicken thighs I made last week. Then I poured a can of cream of mushroom soup over everything. That was only about an hour and a half ago, and I can smell it already. Smells good.

We missed Bingo again this month. Neither one of us felt like getting out on Sunday, plus the Cowboys were playing and we were watching that game, plus there was NASCAR, plus there was the Packers game, and on and on. It's been sports overload lately.

Tomorrow is election day. I'll be glad when it's over, but until it is, I'll be on pins and needles with all that coverage tomorrow both day and night. Ugh. Sometimes I think I'll just go to bed and hide my head under the covers and hear the news all at once on Wednesday when I get up.  But I don't think I'll be able to stand the suspense that way. Either way it goes, we'll all get over it and move on, I suppose. 

That's all the happenings around here.
See ya next time.
Thanks for reading.
♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    hi pammy sue...all good stuff...the actual squares and the multicolored graphic look good...surprisingly it didn't work out...your puppies have such wonderful and humorous personalities...they do keep you and your hubbs on your toes...thank you for the heads-up on the plants sold at walmart...reasonable temps you are experiencing - heres hoping winter will be reasonable...i prepared the crock-pot chicken and it was relish...thank you for all you are and share with us...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are so pretty= maybe you wil think of something else to do with them. Sammi is a cutie! Love the button and your new socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the square experiment is interesting I know how it goes with color and size and your good with that judgment can't wait to see the more colors. I love that button I collect them too and bottles keys and so on 😄I am also trying to kill time I voted early and I fell its weird that people from other countries are chiming in on who I should vote for, really like they live here. I sorry had to complain take care it will all be over soon 😦💟

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks Pammy Sue what a lovely gift, your blanket plan looked quite impressive to me, it's awful when we spend ages planning stuff and in the end we don't like it and have to start again, it happens to me all the time. My geraniums are still quite good too I can't believe it but it's forecast snow so that will be the end of them I'm sure. I'm now going to catch up with your last post that chicken sounds yummy. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so beautiful! Such a cute doggie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you not the luckiest gals. Love the kris sock,so cool.
    OK, I'm heading to hide under the covers. I have officially sworn off all social media today. With either outcome, we are going to be making some major life changes here in this house. PM me later if needed.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely socks! I didn't know it was your birthday, I'm so far behind on blogs lately. I haven't been online much because of not feeling well. I am not watching any election news. I'm sick of it all. :-). So sorry your blanket didn't work out, but isn't it nice we can rip it out and start over with something we like? My geraniums still look good too. I wonder if I could just put them in the garage? Have a lovely day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pammy.... your new blanket colors are so so pretty and I can hardly wait to see what you come up with. And those pink gloves? wow... I'm so behind on crocheting.... my mind says YES I want to crochet! but my body just can't seem to get into the swing of it and get started on it. Weird. I love your photos by the way and when I went back to look at your flowers in 2015, I saw all that snow! EeEEEKKKKK.... I'm not ready for snow yet! Funny puppies aren't they? I wonder what they think about as they sit there gazing out into the distance. Happy belated birthday too.. those socks look so warm and cozy. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new blanket colors. I can't wait to see your progress on this. Oh yes, your friend is a sweet heart to give you knitted socks, they are truly a lovely gift. :) Love seeing all the pretty pictures. Wishing you a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥