Monday, November 21, 2016

Crochet Update, Bread, Dogs

I've been a bit Schitzo with crochet lately. I'm crocheting 20 things at once. Help me...

No, don't. I'm enjoying it immensely! Wanna see?


I had to force myself to stop and sew in these ends.

I'll be sorry later if I don't.

And to show you how much I DON'T pay attention, this is one of the squares I was making. Hahahah! How could I get that far before realizing I was not doing it right?? I'm a ditz, that's how.

So I took a wee break. And before you know it...

I was making these!
And I've made about 30 of them since this picture!
I can't stop.

And my skulls are staring at me from across the room.
Three more rounds, Pammy Sue!
Can't you finish us?
No, skulls! Go have a cheeseburger. You're looking a bit thin.
Hahaha.

*****************************

And then Saturday on a cold and rainy day,
I made some Butternut Squash Yeast Bread...






It turned out perfect! I love when that happens!
The recipe says it makes three loaves, but I made two out of it.
I like my loaves big and tall. Here's the recipe for you.
It came from Taste of Home Magazine.

Butternut Squash Bread

2 pkgs ( 1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (110 to 155 degrees F)
1-1/4 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add mashed squash, milk, eggs, butter, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add 3-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic; about 6-8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down, shape into two or three loaves, and place in greased 8-in x 4-in loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. (Start checking at around 20 minutes. Mine were done then. You can see in the picture how brown they were. They're perfect inside!)

***********************

Doggie Pictures!
Ollie staying warm by the fire.

Fletch

Sammie

Fun pictures of Sammie having a Tootsie Pop treat.

It's hard to tell what it is, but at the bottom is Ollie's nose and mouth trying to get a lick too. Ha-ha. Can you make it out? It's blurry.

Eli's ears in the background and Ollie's nose at the bottom again.

No cheating! You have to wait for the chewy chocolate center!


Okay, that's enough. They were all funny pictures and I couldn't choose just one or two. They all make me laugh.

I made the Sea Foam Salad from my last post, but I used Lemon Jello instead.
We liked it just as much as the lime.

Kind of a dark picture, but look how much my Amaryllis have grown already!
So fun to watch.

Ken's poker party last night went off without a hitch. Ken's chili turned out really good, and I made them a pan of 7-layer bars for dessert. He said they had fun and it was a success. I had fun hole-up in the bedroom with all the doggies. I crocheted a little, did a crossword or two, and watched some TV I had recorded.

We're still waiting for the first snow. We'd already had some this time last year. I see it's in the forecast for Wednesday so maybe I'll have some snow pictures next time. I'm ready!



Thank you for visiting!
See ya.

10 comments:

  1. Will definitely have to try this recipe. It sounds yummy! We had our first freeze last night! Not ready for cold weather!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the doggies. I really like the little aqua color squares your making. Can you tell me what pattern they are.

    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:02 PM

    hi pammy sue...i admire your patience and determination when crafting multi-colored/small sized squares...i either craft large motif squares or solid color afghans...we have had a bit of snow here in northeast new england...the trees look pretty with the snow on the fir branch tips...thank you for sharing the butternut squash yeast bread recipe...i love the squash roasted and browned..the puppies are adorable, as always...so will ken's poker night be a regular event?...those 7-layer bars are delicious...when the snow comes your way, i hope it will not be a wallop...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I emailed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a little giggle out of the doggies! Your are a crocheting fiend! I finally started on my little lacy squares afgan, but after one square (I'll send you a pix), I decided it is too time intense for me and takes too much concentration.. so am going to make a variety of different squares I have in a pattern book.. I have one of those done.... is bigger, about 6 inches square... and am about to start my second one. I'll wait and do the lacy one for myself after the holidays! It IS beautiful, and by the way, yours are much more even than mine! Right now, have had to work outside the home today and tomorrow and then get ready for TG dinner and my son visiting.. so won't have time again probably until this weekend.. then I'll be at it strong again, as now I'm on a roll! Thank you for inspiring me to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread looks wonderful and I love your doggy pictures. You have a lot of crochet projects, I usually have two going so I don't get too bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha your doggies make me smile. Your crochet is lovely and those blue ones are such a pretty colour. Thank you for the bread recipe it looks easy and sounds yummy and it's got to be healthy right?. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow if that is wrong you should have never have told us :) love the upcoming flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving, Pammy Sue!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha Sammi .. you're a typical pug. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥