Sunday, October 30, 2016

Holy Crap Chicken and Colors

Wash and quarter your RED potatoes.

BROWN bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.

Add potatoes to sprayed crock pot and add olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt & pepper.

Place browned chicken thighs on top.
Cover and cook on high or low for specified time.
Don't forget the Parmesan Cheese at the end!
Full recipe is HERE and it's FANTASTIC!
We expected meh and got KA-BAM!
The best chicken and potatoes!

While I'm talking food...

Have you seen these?
Coffee! GAH.

I like it when my mug matches my doily AND iPhone.
AQUA, yum.

Isn't she pretty? I ordered it from Anthropologie online.

I'm searching for a different one that has been elusive to me after a year of searching. I WILL find it, and when I do, it shall be mine. It was also sold through Anthropologie, but they don't have it anymore. I'll have to find it on eBay or something and pay an arm and a leg, but some things are worth it.

We went into town yesterday specifically to do some research on our house.
And then found the library is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Really?

So back home we went, enjoying the views...

EVERGREENS on the mountains and in the forest.


All the maples are starting to drop their beautiful leaves and become bare now.

I love the pine trees that are turning bright YELLOW right now...





And then there are the bare, WHITE birches...





I've had my eye on these three little PINK piggies for a while now.
I look for them every time we go into town.
They are so freakin' cute. They are much pinker than they appear here.

And then we arrived home again to a GOLDEN carpet of leaves...


Ken is itching to rake them all up.
I keep saying, "NO! Leave them a few more days!"
I just love the sight of them.


I hope you enjoyed all the COLORS.
Now go to the grocery store and get what you need to make the chicken and potatoes.
You won't regret it!

I'm gonna go work on my skull doily. It's an interesting make, but I'm working slowly and not making a whole lot of progress it seems. I'm on Row 12 of 28. I haven't yet sat down and worked on it for hours on end, but I will. It's fun how the pattern says, "Lower Jaw Complete!" or "Teeth Complete!" or my favorite, "Nose Holes Done!" or something like that. Hehehe. I'm easily entertained.

We're married 24 years today.
♥♥♥♥♥

See ya.

24 comments:

  1. Love your leave rug outside. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a fun filled weekend. Love all the leaves,but get them up before the next rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, thanks for all the beautiful colors and the chicken recipe. Love your blog. Have been reading it for years. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the rest of your day and kisses to the fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. I love all your colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly lovely place. :) I always love reading your blog to see what you have been up to and all the places you visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 24 last August (2nd marriage for both of us) My husband got some of that same M&M candy today for me. That is so funny! I will definitely make that chicken recipe. It sounds wonderful! I have been wanting a coffee mug that has a granny square on it. I saw one on a blog...maybe your blog? I can't wait to see your skull doily. It will be worth the wait, I'm sure. Happy Halloween!
    deborahnhamilton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I love all the beautiful pictures! Loops so cozy. I promise I'm going to go get ingredients to make the chicken for sure! Xo Neicee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:57 PM

    hi pammy sue...a very happy anniversary to you and your hubby...thank you for sharing the crock pot chicken recipe...it is definitely one to do...thanks for the update on the sugar skull doily...regards and hugs to all your family...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect in every way, that mug and doily. Life is good when everthing works out like that 😄 love the food looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "yellow pine trees" aren't Pine, they are Larches. Larches are one the very few deciduous conifers. They are lovely and have pretty yellow, edible Larch mushrooms under them in the fall. They live, along with birches, at higher elevation. I always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You live in a beautiful place! Congratulations on 24 years of marriage. I am going to cook the chicken tomorrow. I have used a lot of your recipes and they have always been good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Happy Anniversary, a day late. My husband and I celebrated 51 yrs. on the same day. Love your blog and read it everyday.
    Dorothy M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 24 years of marriage! Love the golden leaves carpet♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Happy anniversary!

    Cheryl Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary, a little late!! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy anniversary Pammy Sue! Such beautiful pictures today. We do live in a beautiful part of the world don't we? I'm so ready to move out of the "big city" like you have. That was some rain last night wasn't it? I guess I'm assuming you got the same storm we did! :-). Thanks for sharing and I think I may make your chicken tomorrow. I already have meat out of the freezer for tonight. And... I still love your cup!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy anniversary!!! Wishing you & Ken many more years of togetherness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary to you two! I missed your last post so just wanted to say how beautiful the fall scenery up there is! Just love the water shots. Was that a barn with water flooding it? Your "colors" post was very ingenious and fun to read.. loved all the pretty color shots. The Colville library is so neat and old looking.... love it. love that town too.. haven't been there since 2002 and loved it then. I'm anxious to see your skull doily. I wish there was a way to "follow" your blog. I think I signed up on blog lovin' but it doesn't seem to show up there when you post. So I just come and check every few days to see if you've posted. You're one of my favorites as love seeing your every day life up in that beautiful part of Washington State. No snow yet huh? We haven't had any here either except Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood have new cloaks of it which are just gorgeous. Does your little town have any type of Thanksgiving festivities? Happy Halloween to you too! Hugs. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary! I love your blog, keep up the great posts. By the way my husband loves your recipes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! I made the chicken and red potatoes recipe yesterday and it was a great hit. I love looking at your pictures and Happy Anniversary a few days late!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary to you and Ken for the other day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you today. Love those pink piggies. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Slow down Pammy Sue I can't keep up! how did I miss two of your posts, A very belated Happy Anniversary and birthday! your pictures are beautiful and I love that mug. I will be making that chicken next weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥