Current Work in Progress
Yumminess from the garden.
Those little tomatoes are like little fresh flavor bombs in your mouth.
So I've been looking at this ugly, plain window in our bedroom since we moved in.
But I had a flash of brilliance the other day...
I love my home-made boho curtains.
Well, home-made sort of.
They are infinity scarves that I bought at Walmart! I just slipped them over a curtain rod and voila! Boho curtains! I'd been watching them go down in price. Last time I was there they were down to $5 each and I eyeballed them, but when I went back to get a bunch for this idea, they had gone down further to $3 each. Cheapo-boho.
Ugly blue shutters bought for $1 each at a yard sale.
I just finished painting them with chalk paint in an off-white color called "cashew." Tomorrow I'm going to try waxing them with a dark wax to give them an antiqued or shabby-chic look. FYI...painting shutters is a pain in the ass! Results to come.
Other random things:
1. The Olympics? I watched several fencing matches and archery matches and that's it. The Olympics are just not my thing.
2. The dental work I'm having done was pushed back to Sept 14th except for the fillings, which I had done about a week ago. It wasn't bad. I'm sure the three extractions are going to be fun. Gah.
3. I weighed for the first time in a long while. Verdict: I can never eat again! Haha. But really, I'm on a made-up "diet" where sugar is out of here and I can't eat after 3:00 pm. Those are the basic rules. I usually eat more food after 3:00 than the whole rest of the day so I'm thinking this will work. I'm having bran flakes and maybe a banana for breakfast, a regular lunch, and then maybe a snack, but nothing else after 3:00 except hot tea. Day #4 and it's going fine. First weigh-in is next Wednesday morning. Wish me luck.
4. If anybody has A Year of Doilies Book 2, I'm looking for it. Let me know in the comments. I have Books 1, 3, 4, 5, but not 2, and that's the one I want a pattern out of. Isn't that always the way?
5. A cougar crossed the road in front of our car last week. I snapped two pictures, but you couldn't make him out amongst the trees. Bummer. He was so big! We've been hearing there are lots of them around this summer. We still haven't seen a bear yet, but we did see a herd of elk.
I think you're up to speed. I gots nothin else.