Groovy Hippy-Pink Afghan
Made in any variegated pinks I could find.
Most are listed below.
PATTERN: 3-Round Grannies using the join-as-you-go method on the third round.
SQUARE COUNT: 120
YARNS USED (ALL WORSTED):
- Lamb's Pride in Peony Pink and Strawberry Smoothie
- Ella Rae Classic Print in Color 216
- Bernat Super Value in Pink Taupe and Empress
- Berella 4" in Color 9029
- Yarn Bee Aurora Borealis in Bordeaux
- Edging in Bernat Super Value Light Antique Rose and I don't know the bright pink color.
- Round 1: Sc around, making 5 sc in corners
- Round 2: (Dc in two stitches, ch 1, sk 1 st) repeat
- Round 3: Sc in ch sp, (ch 4, sc in next ch sp) around
- Round 4: 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc in each chain 4 sp, making 3dc, ch 3, 3 dc in corners
Like I said before, I'm not one for making square after square after square for an afghan, but this one was really fun. I enjoyed myself through the whole 120 squares. The join-as-you-go method and sewing in ends with each square made it easy for me. I love how this blanket turned out!
You can see parts of our deck where I took the pictures. They just replaced the kitchen window earlier today, and he's coming back tomorrow to do some touch-up painting around it. After that, it's done! We are happy with it and are ready for them to be gone so we can arrange our furniture and hang plants, do some landscaping around them, etc.