Tuesday, July 05, 2016

PINK




Groovy Hippy-Pink Afghan
Made in any variegated pinks I could find.
Most are listed below.

PATTERN:  3-Round Grannies using the join-as-you-go method on the third round.
SQUARE COUNT:  120
YARNS USED (ALL WORSTED):
  • Lamb's Pride in Peony Pink and Strawberry Smoothie
  • Ella Rae Classic Print in Color 216
  • Bernat Super Value in Pink Taupe and Empress
  • Berella 4" in Color 9029
  • Yarn Bee Aurora Borealis in Bordeaux
  • Edging in Bernat Super Value Light Antique Rose and I don't know the bright pink color.


EDGING:
  • Round 1:  Sc around, making 5 sc in corners
  • Round 2:  (Dc in two stitches, ch 1, sk 1 st) repeat
  • Round 3:  Sc in ch sp, (ch 4, sc in next ch sp) around
  • Round 4:  2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc in each chain 4 sp, making 3dc, ch 3, 3 dc in corners


Like I said before, I'm not one for making square after square after square for an afghan, but this one was really fun. I enjoyed myself through the whole 120 squares. The join-as-you-go method and sewing in ends with each square made it easy for me. I love how this blanket turned out!

You can see parts of our deck where I took the pictures. They just replaced the kitchen window earlier today, and he's coming back tomorrow to do some touch-up painting around it. After that, it's done! We are happy with it and are ready for them to be gone so we can arrange our furniture and hang plants, do some landscaping around them, etc.

16 comments:

  1. Love it. The border makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy Sue this is gorgeous! The border is just lovely too! It adds the perfect touch of frill to the squares. Love, love, love all those PINKS!!! And your deck is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Pammy and your deck looks great! Bet you can hardly wait to sit out on it drinking your morning coffee....or have you already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your deck is looking good - don't forget to show us when you get all your plants etc on it. Love your pink throw - very pretty. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your beautiful blanket on Instagram. I love the happy, happy colors. Your deck is gorgeous too. I've always liked that kind of railing. Nice! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love pink and this is awesome. :) Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy Sue, your blanket is gorgeous! I love the pinks and purples. It's very girly and hippy. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blanket and I can't wait to see pictures of the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your "hippie" blanket and all the wonderful pinks.. my fave color! I am amazed you got it done so fast! As everyone else said, that border is just beautiful and really sets off the squares. I always seem to want to put a scalloped edge on my blankets (or anything I make!). Just so girly and feminine. I could see peeks of your deck and it looks great. Will be fun to see it in its full glory, all done with your furniture and plants all arranged on it.... and to see that gorgeous view from it! I'm going to have to learn that join as you go method as I have two sets of squares that I did years ago and they still sit in the tub waiting to be joined.. it may never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic blanket it in all of its pinkness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO pretty. I love the afghan! The deck looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. StunnING!!! Oh my gosh...So pretty! I can't wait to see more of the deck!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:06 PM

    hi pammy sue...gorgeous blanket...you truly have an eye for bringing together the various brand yarns, fibers and colors...the new deck railing is a lovely backdrop in your photos...so you and your hubby are now able to enjoy your at-home outdoors...thank you for sharing your lovely new project with us,,,hugs to you and your family...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pammy-Sue, I'm all gaga about your blanket!! ♥ What a feast for the eyes. I do really love it, I could snap it right away from the photo ;-). Great job!! Oh and thanks for the edging pattern!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pink is beautiful! And I love your porches too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥