Sunday, June 26, 2016

June Stuff

I'll start with a beautiful peony from the Community Garden in town.
So pretty!
And it matches my current crochet project too...

This is all you can see until it's done.
I'm not one for doing anything with squares, but I'm enjoying this one a lot.
I'm in love with it!

Fletch was not amused or affected one bit by my shenanigans last night.
He was too sleepy.

Can I tell you about the unbelievably cool weather here?
Okay, I just did. Lots of 60-degree days in June!
So weird after living in Texas, but so great.

Porch/Patio Update...



Just a sneak-peek at what the concrete looks like stamped and stained.
The patio by the garage is done the same way.
Starting the roofing tomorrow!

I made a big Spaghetti Salad this morning for later.
It's in the fridge getting cold and marinated.

Spaghetti Salad

1 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Red Onion, chopped
3 Roma Tomatoes, dc-seeded and chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 (2.25 oz) Cans Sliced Black Olives, drained
1 lb box of Thin or Angel Hair Spaghetti
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (the pizza kind)
1 (16-oz) Bottle of Italian Dressing

Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and immediately rinse under cold water to cool and stop cooking process. Mix in a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together. Place your cooled noodles in a large bowl.

Add all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight stirring every so often to coat salad in the dressing. Serve cold.

************************

I can't think of anything else to tell you about. We've mostly just been stuck here while they work on our porches. The dogs can't go out back because the fence has been down so all the equipment can get in. Ken made a little run out front with some hog wire where we take them outside to do their business. It's a real pain, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it when all is said and done. 

We're going to some friends' house at 4:00 for a little get-together with about 4 other couples. I need to get in the shower and start getting ready. It takes me FOREVER these days to get myself ready. I'm so slow.

Janie with the dirty nose says hello.

See ya!  

16 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty flower. Love seeing the fur babies. :) Ok, I love your blanket. What yarn are you using? It's so yummy. I am jealous of your cooler weather....we are wilting to death in the 90's.! So good to see a post from you. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing you are now a social butterfly. Can't wait to see the patios all finished. Hugs and cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:46 PM

    hi pammy sue...so enjoy your posts...the custom concrete is quite nice...anxious to see the finished project...the lower temps are great at this time of year...the spaghetti salad is delicious...my family enjoys the penne pasta...the new yarn project - pretty colors - a tablecloth - a curtain - a room divider - a skirt - a shrug - looking forward to the reveal...hope your social evening went well...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you. The concrete floor looks good. Also, thanks for the salad recipe I will be making it for a pre 4th of July gathering I've been invited to. It looks really good. Oh by the way the peony is beautiful, mine are all gone now. It has been very hot here in southern Oregon so the heat did them in. Miss you when you're gone. Have a great 4th next month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours in your new crochet project look amazing - I wonder what you're making? I can sympathise with you re taking the fur kids out for potty breaks - we had the same problem when we got new fences up back when we had the Chins. As you said though, it will be worth it - the deck is looking good. Awesome looking salad - bet it tasted yummy. Have a good week. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you're finally getting your patio's done! Wonderful! I love your granny blanket I've been thinking of starting one myself with my leftover sock yarn . I'm tired of the knitted one. I make a spaghetti salad very similar to yours and we love it in the summertime. Get ready for the hot weather to come this week. It looks like in the 90s! Summer has arrived!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pammy Sue,

    It's good to know that you are settling in! That patio looks like a lot of work. Do you have a nice garden? I miss my garden from England. But at least I am doing gardening on my balcony, got quite a lot of plants! :)

    Wow, I totally love your blanket, so funky!!! I would steal it in a heartbeat! Hehehe!!!

    That peony is beautiful. I had some as well, more a pale pink, they looked stunning. Unfortunately we had so much rain lately that the blooms soon had gone.

    Love your pooches! :)

    Have a good week!
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to see all the things getting done and your cool weather instead of your blast furnace in Texas. love the colors in the granny squares and The adorable Dogs always fun to see the world though them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The peony is lovely Pammy Sue the colour is beautiful and so are the colours in your crochet project, thank you for the spaghetti salad recipe I will be trying it out maybe tomorrow on my knitting group. Your porch/patio looks very posh! enjoy your evening. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie....with the dirty nose! Pammy Sue, I am IN LOVE with that blanket! I just can't get enough. The colors....swoon!!!!
    I am so excited about your new decks! And that million dollar view you will be enjoying out there is just magnificent! Funny you mentioned the spaghetti salad, as I just bought stuff to make one too. Mine is a wee different, but the perfect summer meal for these hot days we are having! I just finished my 20 minute swim. I am loving my pool!
    Hope you had fun with the peeps!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way you do about crocheting blankets with squares. But then I'll see something really cute online and start another one, ha ha. I'll have to try the salad. It looks good except the cucumbers. Love pickles, but hate cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks lovely. Enjoy your dinner date, look forward to seeing your square project when it's done and of course the patios. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! Thanks for the recipe, I want to try it, yours looks so yummy!

    And anytime pictures of pups are involved, I'm on board. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the granny square madness. I make that salad too, but I add couple tablespoons of Johnny's Salad seasoning to the Italian dressing. I was so glad to see that you had posted, missed you. Did you ever try making Pear Honey last year?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that all is going well with the work you are doing and to hear that you are getting out and about and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to see those guys finally working on your deck/patio! It's going to be awesome! I'm so anxious to see it.. and what a view you have from it! Wow is all I can say (and more.. but can't hear me!). Has been in the high 90's here and not lovin' it at all! I'm in swoony love with the colors of your blanket/quilt/shrug/throw or whatever it's going to be. i like the look of the squares in a blanket but hate sewing them together. So glad to hear from you and see all that's been going on. I need to do a blog post to update everyone on the progress of our yard. It's looking pretty good but having to water every day in this dratted heat. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥