Thursday, January 14, 2016

Outside Gray / Inside Color

We continue to be amazed at how little sun there is here.
No sun for weeks on end and foggy, foggy, foggy.
And snowy, snowy, snowy.

Our world is black & white and 50 shades of gray.
And brown if you count the sand they spray onto the streets.


Hee-hee.
I think I'll stay inside and piddle.
There's a little more color in here.

This Amaryllis continues to amaze also.
Four big fat blooms!


Did I ever show you all the thread I got at an antique store?
They were marked between $2-$3.
But when I got to the counter to pay, I discovered they were on sale for 50 cents each!



Now there's some color for ya.

Food...
I've had a few fails in the kitchen recently.
An ugly Chicken Pot Pie that didn't taste that great either...
A loaf of Cinnamon-Raisin Bread that stuck to the pan and was ruined.
But not everything turned out badly.


These panini sandwiches were definitely NOT a fail.
Turkey, Cheddar, Bacon, Jalapeno...grilled to perfection.

And this Chicken, Bacon, Red Pepper, and Ranch Sauce Pizza.
Goooood!

Doctored-up Ramen Noodle Soup is always good.
Beef Ramen with a dash of garlic-chili sauce, sesame oil, and green onion.
I like a squeeze of lime too.

Mmm, plenty of coffee!
It's never a fail.

I had just trimmed Eli's butt hairs with the electric shaver.
We call it making him a "landing strip."
Such maintenance must be done with long-hairs like him.
He was mad and just sat there staring at me with his ears back.
He looks like he wants to slap me.
He got over it when I gave him a couple of treats.

Lastly, I wanted to share this picture that I saw in our local news.
This picture was taken by a traffic camera in Montreal.
I thought it was so neat.

Have a good one.
Bye.