Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fog and Food and Poo and Mustard

 Out my bedroom window.
Most of the snow has melted.

It's been just above freezing every day for a while and no more snow.

 Just fog, fog, and fog.
I live in a Twilight book.





*********************

I made beef stew today.





It sure was yummy and there are plenty of leftovers for lunches or dinners later in the week. I haven't made any sweets lately. I've just had a few pieces of Lindt chocolate at night while watching TV, usually The Golden Girls which I've seen every episode of at least 5-6 times. It's comforting and I still like to watch.

When my amaryllis wilted and I was about to throw it out, I noticed there were these little shoots growing at the bottom. I cut off the big stalk with the four dead blooms on it, watered it, and stuck it back up in the kitchen window. The stalks are growing. I hope it grows again and gives me more blooms, but it's not growing as fast as the first time so maybe it won't. I'm keeping an eye on it.

 My snowman collection is still out. I love them.
I usually only keep them out during Christmas,
but I think I'll let them stay out until winter is over.

They make me smile.

Sammi makes me smile too.
She had just crawled out from under the covers and her ears were all wonky.
Sweet girl.

Eli photo-bombed this picture.
It's one of the "before" pictures of the upstairs bedroom we're redoing.
We painted for a day and a half...

And it looks like poo and mustard on the walls!
YUCK! Big fail.
Sorry...no good light for a picture, but you get the idea.

It's going to be covered with a lighter beige-ish, tannish color (which was the original plan I should have stuck to!). Ken wants to re-texture the walls before we paint it again. The texture is uneven and ugly as it is, and it just doesn't look good. He went to a store in Canada yesterday and got the supplies. The new bed frames and mattresses were delivered, but we can't put them up or do any decorating until the walls are done.

Stay tuned.
♥♥♥

Love,
Pammy Sue