*I came back to add another video/song that is so good! Adele - When We Were Young. It made me cry. Everything makes me cry.
2. Another thing I've really enjoyed lately is Joy Behar's new show, Late Night Joy, on TLC. She's so funny, and I like her. I bet she can be a real bitch though. Ha. I've seen three episodes so far. It's on Wednesday nights at 11/10 Central Time. I'm not sure when it comes on here. I just have it set to record so I watch the recording whenever I want. You can see a little clip here: Late Night Joy
3. I bought a full set of knitting needles with interchangeable circular thingies a little over a week ago. I even bought a new hat pattern and new yarn to use. I cast on and joined, then I screwed up within the first 4 stitches from there and had to rip it all out. I haven't picked it back up since. Why do I keep torturing myself (and spending money) with knitting? I'm so stubborn! I WILL master it some day, I swear. Between work and just everyday life, I just haven't had the time or inclination to start again.
4. The heat is repaired and back on since yesterday afternoon. We were shocked that someone was able to come out on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, but they did. We were also shocked at how little it cost compared to what we were expecting. $99 for the service fee and $19.75 for labor. WHAT? Unheard of. There were no major parts involved so I'm sure that helped. We now know more about how to run the silly thing when it's super-cold (which it is here A LOT!). There was a hidden fuse actually inside the unit in the basement that we didn't know about and isn't mentioned in the instruction manual. It had blown out, probably because it was a 2 amp instead of the proper 3 amp and it was working its ass off to keep it warm with the extended 20-degree weather. (Ken had checked the breakers in the basement, but was unaware of the one located inside the heating unit.) Argh. Now we know. We're thankful it wasn't something major though.
5. There is still snow everywhere. Hardly any of it has melted because the temps have not risen above freezing. Who knew snow could last for days and days from one 3-inch snowfall event? I've only seen Texas snow, which is always gone within hours because it's snowing one minute and 70 the next day. Ha.
6. I didn't cook on Thanksgiving this year. We had leftover Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. I had made a new batch of it a few days before (minus the flour, butter, and cream...I'm trying to behave and be healthier), so we just had that.
7. I made some Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes for breakfast on Thanksgiving Day. They are AMAZING! They are great with a squeeze of lemon over them and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. You should try this recipe: Amazing Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes This made 12 pancakes using a 1/3-cup measuring cup of batter each. They keep well in the fridge with a piece of waxed paper between each. They are good reheated in the microwave, and I've eaten a couple cold ones straight out of the fridge. I love the lemon flavor! Even Ken said he likes them better than regular buttermilk pancakes. I found another recipe that uses only whole wheat flour for these that I'm going to try next. I can't imagine that they're as good, but we'll see. They'll certainly be healthier without any white flour.
8. I'm going to get dressed and go for a walk later. We've been doing that nearly every day. When we first got up, I thought I might want to go shopping in Canada today, but I'm feeling it less and less as the minutes tick by. Maybe we'll at least go for a drive and explore some roads we haven't been on yet. Maybe we'll be near a Walmart and I can run in and buy that new Adele CD. I'd be shocked if they're not sold out. Hmpf. I'm always late to the party. I should just order it online from Amazon and forget it. I think I will.
9. Eli update: His hip pain seems to be better, although he's still not his old self. He may never be back 100%. He is seven years old now and with the cold and damp weather here in Washington now, he may just be slowing down permanently. He is able to jump up onto things now, but he chooses more and more to just lay on the floor, which is very unusual. He's just noticeably less wild and active. The baby aspirin seemed to help him those first few days, but we stopped giving them to him because long-term use is not recommended. I know there's medicine a vet can give him for long-term use, but we're not ready to go there. We've been through this with other dogs in the past. I'm not sure it did a whole lot of good and just prolonged the misery for everyone. Bad hips and joints seem to be so pervasive nowadays among a lot of dog breeds.
10. Oh, I did a little Christmas decorating on Thanksgiving Day. I put up some lighted garland on the banister and unpacked a bunch of lights and other decorations for inside the house. I plan on putting a string of lights around three of the smaller front and side windows and some hanging three big lighted decorations in the largest front window. We haven't decided if we want to put a tree up or not. We have a brand-new white one that Ken bought three years ago that has never been out of the box. Maybe we'll get some Christmas spirit and put it up. The last time I put up a big tree, I ended up taking it down two weeks BEFORE Christmas! It annoyed me. Ha. Bah Humbug!
11. What else? Hmm...not a whole lot. What's mainly on my mind lately is getting healthier and losing some weight. I don't want to wait until January. Why wait when I can be 2 months ahead of the game by then? I'm sure I'll make a few goodies for Christmas, but that doesn't mean I have to eat it ALL, right? We'll see. Maybe I won't make much candy and junk this year. Maybe I'll up the walking even more. Seriously, it could happen! It definitely won't happen if I don't try. So I'm getting myself all jazzed and have bought a few healthy magazines and books and have been looking at healthy recipes online too. It helps me and motivates me to immerse myself in it.
12. Sorry, no pictures today. I'm being lazy and don't feel like uploading, downloading, editing, and posting. I'm allowed.
13. I'm going to enjoy my last two long-weekend days off. There's already work waiting for me for Monday. How annoying. I shouldn't say that. I should be grateful instead of annoyed. I always have to remind myself of that.
Okay, that's all.