Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Ending 2015

Outside it's still snowy.  More on that later...

Inside the house, our Christmas tree and decorations have come down and are safely tucked away until next year.

But not before I made one last little purple stocking to go on the tree next year.

The amaryllis I bought 3-4 weeks before Christmas was starting to open a couple of days ago...

Even more the next day...

Then BAM! This morning it looked like this!
Looks like there will be at least three blooms like this on it.
How beautiful is that in the dead of winter?
I'm so glad I started buying a bulb around Thanksgiving each year for indoors. It's so fun and fascinating to watch it grow and then burst open with all this vibrant color right around Christmas. This is my first amaryllis. I love it. I'll go for a different color, or maybe two, next year.

On Christmas night, we were totally caught by surprise at a fireworks display across the river behind our house. It went on for about 15 minutes and was fun to watch. Fireworks on Christmas! Who knew?

We bundled up and went for a walk in our snow boots yesterday afternoon.





The Columbia was icy and still and gorgeous, as always.

We were hungry after our exploring and walking so we walked to the bar & grill and had a big fat hamburger and fries for lunch. It was so hot and good after being outdoors in the fresh air. 

As the sun was setting around 3:30, we walked on home...

I snapped this shot looking west from our driveway.
What a nice day.


If you have Netflix and want to watch something good, check out the documentary, Making a Murderer. There are 10 episodes. After the first one, I wondered how they were going to make 10 episodes out of it, but you'll know during the second one. You won't be able to stop watching! We stayed up until 1:30 this morning watching the last one. It made our jaws drop in lots of places and sparked many lively conversations. I can't say more because I don't want to spoil anything for you.

Over the last few weeks, we've also been watching the English series, Doc Martin, on Netflix. There are 46 episodes, and we only have five left to watch. It's good, clean fun.

I have a turkey breast in the oven right now. We're going to have it with potatoes, Stovetop dressing, French-style green beans, cranberry jelly, and rolls. Then there will be plenty of leftover turkey for sandwiches tomorrow and the next day. Mmm!

I'm going to be watching Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN on New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year. Party Animal! (Although it will be very early since we're on Pacific Time. Have I mentioned how much I hate being on Pacific Time? I'll never get used to it, and I don't like it one bit!)

Anyways...
Hope you have a safe and happy New Year's Eve and Day.
Don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas for good luck in 2016 on Friday!

Love,
Pammy Sue