Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Christmasy & Knitted Stuff


We hauled out the Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving Day. These are two new ones I just bought in Canada a month or so ago. I love them!

I got these snowman figurines at a yard sale for $1 each.

I love this knitted snowmen I got from Dawn a few years back.
They make me smile. Aren't they CUTE?!

The first of the lights went up on Thanksgiving Day.



My grandmother's Apple Cake.
I don't know who Mrs. Taylor is/was.

I like this cake best in a 9" x 13" pan, but we always had it in a bundt pan when my grandmother and mother made it. 

Note:  I baked mine at 300 degrees F. for 1 hour in a pan I sprayed with Baker's Joy (you could use Crisco or butter and dust it with flour instead). It's so moist and good. It's worth peeling and chopping those apples! (I used 3 big Granny Smith apples.) It makes a great coffee cake and needs no frosting. You could dust with powdered sugar or drizzle on some powdered-sugar glaze if you wanted.


I made Chex Mix too.

And here's a photo of the Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes.
Recipe link is in my previous post.

I snapped this pic from my car window.
The doe's buddy was on the other side of the road.
We are less than 1/4 mile from our house here.
Just as you go around that bend, our house sits on the left.

  

The turkeys visit every day at least once.
Sometimes there's just a couple and sometimes there's 30.
They are so funny to watch. 
When they see you, they walk real fast with their skinny legs and bob their head up and down. It makes me laugh every time.

I love my Bonnie Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker.
I buy it over and over.
It adds a subtle tint to your lips that I like.
It's nice to wear over matte lipsticks too for a tiny bit of shine.

It's a Thanksgiving miracle!
Okay, it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but still.
I've messed up a bunch, but I'm learning and it's fun.
Four more inches or so and I can start decreasing and binding off.
I ditched the circulars and just started flat-knitting this hat.
I'll make two or three this way and then try the circulars again.

It's hard to believe I knitted that big hooded cowl last year:


And I totally forgot how to do any of it!
I'm learning all over again. Sigh.

See ya.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I knew you could do it! I am looking forward to seeing your hat. :) Love the photos...and the deer is just too cute. Love those snowmen..gotta have snowmen for Christmas. Happy Knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Apple Cake!!! That's a keeper for my recipe collection.
    Eli's looking as cute as ever. And you're doing quite well with the knitting. I knew you'd be an old hand at it in no time. Love how it turned out - perfect for this weather.
    White Christmas lights are my favorite. And I love all the snowmen & women. Those birdies are precious. Just today I was in the local Fred Meyer and they had these sweet birds made out of felt with cute wire legs. They stood about 7 inches high and about 8 inches wide. So cute. I'll have to go back to see if they're still there and purchase a set.
    Take care & keep warm. Pats for the pups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great knitting!
    Wonderful to see animals every day where you are.
    The decorations are so cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. I like bed everything's about this post from the snowmen to the knitting. I think I'll make that apple cake when I get home. Yum. Turkeys, we had them running around our neighborhood about a week ago but haven't seen them since. I hoe no one decided them be good on the table! Happy December Pammy Sue.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy post, Pammy Sue, you've been busy. I'd love to try that apple cake, I like recipes with a bit of history and ready ingredients.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Pammy Sue - it looks very Christmassy at your house. Those two little ornaments at the top are gorgeous. I need to know how to make that Chex mix - looks yummy. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Apple Cake recipe! I have one that is similar, but uses apple sauce instead of apple chunks. Perhaps I should combine the two and make it with BOTH apple sauce and apple chunks? My husband doesn't eat a lot of sweets but LOVES that recipe! ;-) Have a great day! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep at it my friend it will get much easier and then you will be flying with the needles.
    Hugs,
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little birds are very cute! Your stairs are so pretty as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOOOOVE freshly-made Chex Mix. OMG, I'm going to eat that picture. Your stairs are so pretty! I love decorated banisters. We had a really pretty wooden staircase with a turn in it, in a house we rented when we first got married. It had a window on the landing and I used to sit there to read because it got excellent southern exposure and was always bright during the day. I don't miss the house that much but I do miss that staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love hearing from you. Looks like you are living in a wonderful area for wildlife.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥