Thursday, November 19, 2015

California Nachos






These beautiful and delicious nachos were made and served at a party I went to recently. I've been dying to make them myself and did so today. They are so good and so pretty! I hope you make them.

California Nachos

Topping ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken, finely-chopped
3 small avocados, mashed
Juice of 1 lime
3-4 green onions, diced small
4-5 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces and browned
Salt & Black Pepper to taste (You'll need about 3/4 tsp salt. I used two good pinches of kosher salt.)

Other:
Tortilla Chips
Cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise into halves or fourths

I used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, took the meat off the bone, and chopped it finely in my food processor along with the green onions. You can do this all by hand if you wish. Combine all topping ingredients well in a large bowl.

Place whole chips on a platter and use a cookie scoop to measure the chicken mixture out onto the chips. Garnish with the tomato pieces.  Serve immediately.

Note:  I think this would be great with some chopped cilantro in it because we love cilantro. I'm sure lots of things could be added that would be delicious. Use your imagination and your favorite ingredients and make it your own. It would be hard to mess this one up!


Since it was just Ken and I for lunch today, I just made the one platter of nachos and had lots of leftover topping. I'm going to place it into a covered container and hope it keeps well until tomorrow. I think the lime juice will keep the avocado from turning brown (crossing my fingers).

See ya.

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 PM

    hi pammy sue...thank you for sharing the recipe...it looks delicious...my family is not fond of avocado

    but if i put enough other "stuff" into the dip i think it will be enjoyed...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look delicious.
    Hugs to you Pammy Sue, I have been missing you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds interesting, a different kind of nacho.
    Your doilies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those look so pretty and Christmasy - and GOOD! Love the ingredients too. I may make some for Thanksgiving. Your snow pictures sure were pretty... none here yet in central Oregon. We usually have snow by now.. but at least there is alot now in the mountains just west of here. I never tire looking at the pictures of your gorgeous little town! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has lots of stuff in it that I love.. thanks for sharing! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nachos look very tasty and pretty too. Love the doilies you have them on. Are they new ones? Haven't seen any puppy pics for awhile - hope they're all well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks like a good recipe, I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look delicious Pammy Sue. Thank you for sharing. Glad you didn't get the storm on Tuesday up there. It still looks like a war zone here!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasty morsels those California Nachos!
    I'm going to try it with tuna fish in place of chicken and fakin' bacon for the real bacon. I might make a mess of it but you just never know, it might turn out pretty tasty, too.

    The doily is stunning! I love the brown with white edging and your stitching is perfect.

    Take care & keep warm! Pats all around for the pup-dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yummy!!! I'm so happy to have found you again. We got lost for a a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you nailed it! They look great and cilantro would be a plus, as well as chopped up jalapenos for some kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look PERFECT! I am addicted to avocado and this sounds like just the recipe for me!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  14. This recipe looks amazing! I'd actually put the leftover toppings on some pumpernickel or rye bread and have lunch! ha

    I love your doily. I've made many and have none. :-) Gave them all away.

    Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ma'am, you should know by now that you are my favorite chef... even if you are not.

    And you should have a youtube channel showing how to prepare all of this and since I am one of those who dont like to cook, I'd probably be melting at all the goodies you'd put on there.

    Hell i already do when you put it all here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the recipe! I can replace the chicken with left over turkey! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥