Saturday, October 24, 2015

Nothing Earth-Shattering

Janie enjoying a swath of sunshine in the bathroom.

We went back into Rossland yesterday to check out the grocery store.
Not Walmart, a regular grocery store.
I think it was called Ferraro's.

But first we went into this hotel pub to eat lunch.
The Flying Steamshovel.
I think it used to be a laundry decades ago, back to the early 1900s.
Hence the name.
I'm guessing about that from some old photos I saw inside.


I had a yummy coffee drink before we ate.

It was as good as it looks.


Ken had a buffalo burger.
I had a pancetta, fig, and goat cheese panini with a side salad.
YUM on everything.

I forgot to get a picture of the outside of the grocery store...

This made me laugh.

I was also amused at the packaging on most everything.
It had both English and French descriptions of what the products were.
I was used to everything in Texas having the Spanish language on everything.
Everything is also labled in metric measurements and weights.
I guess I should brush up on those if I'm going to be shopping in Canada.

I bought a new tea to try.
I had a cup this morning, and it's delicious.

The French version on the other side of the box.

I also picked up this Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn.
Yummy!


A Curling Club. Hee.
Not something we're used to seeing.


All the speed limit signs and mileage signs are in kilometers.
Look at your speedometer in your car.
It has kilometers as well as miles per hour.
It's hard to remember to use that section now instead of the mph.
I hadn't even really paid attention that the kilometers were there before.
I mean, I knew they were there. They just didn't really register in my mind before.

And just to remind you that Christmas is just around the corner...




We bought four of these Christmas trees that light up.
The two smaller ones change colors. (One is not pictured.)
I really love them.
I can't wait to set them in our front windows after Thanksgiving.


I've been crocheted for several evenings in a row now. What was originally going to be a popcorn potholder has now turned into a pillow cover. I have about two rounds left to go. I'm really not sure because I'm improvising the last several rows to complete the design. Results will be posted soon.

Sorry for the boring entry. There's just not a lot going on of interest. There's still plenty of work coming in, but there's not much else.  It's been pretty chilly too, so we haven't been outdoors much.

P.S.  The Pampered Chef party isn't until Monday evening. I do plan on attending. I'll let you know how it goes. I VERY MUCH appreciate all the comments and suggestions about it! Y'all are the best.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
See ya.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! I would love to visit Canada someday. I love your blog and have gone back and read a lot of the older posts. Your house is so cute and your crochet work amazing! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pub food looked great... The tea sounds lovely and I enjoyed the pictures ... Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are never boring.
    OMG, I love Meyer Lemons and I bet that tea is out of this world good.
    Funny I hadn't thought about kilometers but you are so right. At least the Canadians drive on the right side of the road.
    I like how the packaging is in both French & English. I had to share the 'Holy Crap cereal' photo with my DH Michael. That was just to funny. DH said he'd love to watch the guys at the 'Curling Club'.
    Which brings to mind. Have you ever seen the old Canadian Sitcom called 'Corner Gas'? You can watch it on YouTube here starting with season one: https://www.youtube.com/user/CornerGasSeason1
    It takes a little to get into it but it really picks up and is so funny. Oh, those Canucks!
    Sweet Janie, she's so precious. Our long since passed Chihuahua Frosty, would follow the sun from window to window. He sure love the warmth.
    Take care & stay healthy ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness .... your coffee drink looks nice but Ken's burger looks positively obscene (I was almost speechless and unable to find a suitable word then LOL). That little Christmas tree looks so pretty and the colours so vivid - I'd love to be able to find something like that. Am I being naive but I don't believe I've ever heard of a Curling Club - please do tell. Had to laugh at the Holy Crap Breakfast Cereal - trust you to find something like that !! BTW none of your posts are boring. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking this CA side trip stuff alot, especially the cheeseburger part. Yum. The Stash tea is always a hit here for nightly tea time. Meyer lemon is a great pick. Keep your eyes peeled for the CA Nestlé cappuccino mix not found in US. They also have a great sweet tea mix up there. Can't wait for your next adventure. So is it getting cold for you. Just saw all the DFW rain, bet you are glad to be out of there.
    Ciao for now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your trips in your new area.. fun to see how things are different in CAN. Fun to think you can hop into another country just like that. At the party, you should get some of their special cinnamon with other spices in it. Good stuff. I'm glad you're going and can't wait to hear how it goes! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cereal name is funny, lol. The lighted Christmas trees are so pretty. You sound so much happier there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your posts even though "nothing earth shattering"!! How fun to just hop up to Canada... and those lemon teas look awesome. I LOVE lemon anything! I haven't made a full sized crocheted bed cover for probably 30 years.. I made a blue and yellow granny square one and for the life of me, can't figure out what ever happened to it in all of my (many many) moves over the years. I have one that is done (only the granny squares) and I need to sew them all together.. they are a pretty rose color and would match my (now) pink bedroom that I just painted.. but again.. where are those squares? It's so neat to see your area where you now live.. I love it there. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Years ago Chris and I took a curling lesson at an ice rink 30 miles from here. we had a BLAST! You and Ken should give it a go if you have a chance... then you can say youdid !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts are never boring Pammy Sue, I always enjoy reading them and seeing what you are up too, I love the name of that pub, that burger is enormous I don't think I would have managed to eat a quarter of it but your panini sounds yummy. Christmas is everywhere here now all the shops are just full of it but I'm still in denial haha. Enjoy the party tonight. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your trip into Canada. We haven't been there lately and I had forgotten the packaging for items. We drove home from Missoula last night. All told, over 1500 miles since last Friday. I'm ready to stay home for awhile. It's 6 hours to Portland, another 2 1/2 to 3 to the coast. Plus your additional 3 from your house equals a LONG day!!!! I do hope you go sometime though. It's beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing boring here! I love your adventures because I will never get to travel in these areas. Amazing to see how others live.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always have to convert metric to imperial measurements! It's a pain. I'm very glad to say that my local butcher will weigh what you want either way. That coffee you had looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥