Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Food and Other Stuff

It's Autumn at Scotty's Place.
LOVE

Let's go inside and see what's cookin'...


First, my latest tea obsession is this tea.
Add about 2 tsp honey and the juice of 1/4th a lemon. 
OMG, yum!

Don't forget the doggies. They have to eat too, ya know.
 It's snack time!

Someone asked about the food dehydrator Ken uses.
This is it. He ordered it online and highly recommends it.
He did his research before deciding on this one.
Cost:  $62.35 on Amazon

He dehydrated two large bunches of celery this weekend.

Amazingly, it dehydrated down to less than a cup of dried celery!
It'll be so easy to use this for soups this winter.

Speaking of soup, I made a really good one last week...

Ingredients for Chicken & Wild Rice Soup


It turned out SO GOOD!
We ate it for two meals and then I froze enough for another meal.
You can find the recipe here:  Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

Do you know what this is?
It's the BEST Rice Pudding you'll ever eat, that's what!

I can't begin to tell you how good this is. Comfort food at its best. I made myself sick cuz I ate too much one evening. Not so comforting when you do that! I couldn't help myself, but I won't do that again. I felt so sick I had to go lie down for about 30 minutes until it passed. How pathetic am I that I can't control my eating like that? You can find the recipe here:  Helen's Rice Pudding

And theeeen...

(Do y'all get that reference to the movie Dude, Where's My Car? I'm ashamed that I even watched it. It was Ken's fault!! Anyway, this group of boys was ordering from a Chinese drive-thru window and everytime they'd order a dish, the Chinese lady would come through the speaker and say, "And theeeeen?" And they just kept ordering and ordering because she was saying that. Maybe you had to be there. LOL. Now you know.)

Anyway...and theeen...

I made hamburgers and fried onions one day while the painting was going on.

Holy Moly, they were good!
I'm surprised we didn't both keel over from a heart attack though.

And theeeen...


I made this Margarita Pizza yesterday for the race.

Martha White pizza crust mix (thin crust), Chef Boyardee pizza sauce, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and a little regular-grated mozzarella, thinly-sliced Roma tomatoes, and a sprinkle of oregano. Eight minutes in a 475 F oven. Yummy!

Is that enough food?
I think so.

I got my picture frames painted RED and hung them in the office.
Those are some of our dogs we've had that are now deceased...
The Dead Dog Wall of Fame.
From the top: Phoebe, Abby, Nicki (with me), and Little Boy.
It's sad to think we'll be adding to it some day. Gah.

But this cheers me right up...


My adorable little Ollie.
Very much alive and well.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

See ya.

11 comments:

  1. Lord, those hamburgers looked good! I've made myself sick eating too much also. But ain't it fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained 10 lbs just reading your blog today Pammy Sue!!! :-). Oh. My. Goodness. Everything looks amazing. Those burgers and pizza. Holy Moly. But as think the soup looks best to me. Aww, your wall of doggie pictures is sad but sweet. Our puppies have been our family too and it's good to see someone else who loves their animals that much. Enjoy fall! Is it a lot different from Texas so far?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pammy Sue for stopping over my place, and for showing the dehydrator, I read another post today by someone who has the exact same one, we'll be looking into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely going to make that soup! and we've been wanting to try a dehydrator for awhile. I made beef jerky in the oven once, but good grief was it a mess. Thanks for the suggestion on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as though you have had some great eating! The office looks fantastic, so different than before and so much nicer! I am sure that it is a pleasure to be in there now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't his weather just bring out the cook in you!?
    Man oh man everything looks so very tasty. If I was a meat eater that burger would be great.
    Oh, your room has turned out fantastic. Love the red picture frames & lamp, too perfect!
    All the pup-dogs just can't wait for something to fall to the floor. So precious.
    I to have a memory area for all the pup-dogs that have gone before. I have an old curio cabinet that's five feet tall with a mirrored inside back and glass shelves. I have their photo's & boxed ashes, plus momentos, collars, etc. I sure do miss each & everyone.
    (((Pats to the pup-dog clan))) (that Ollie is so darn sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh mercy, I am drooling!!!!! Love those red frames!!!! Ollie and Eli look like Jack!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks yummy but especially the soup. I'll have to start making soup soon as we have the vegetables in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you're loving a good NW fall! I love all your home-cooking.. Kristi is doing the same thing here. We're having another sunny day.. sure is pretty. I have a meeting at 2 but I wish I was staying home all day. I love all your doggies.. such a bundle of tail-waggin' love! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You always share the BEST recipes! I'm going to try the soup and I love the hamburgers and onions too! I've never had a margarita pizza before, but it looks wonderful!

    I always love seeing pics of your puppies!

    I want a dehydrator, too! I purchased a yogurt maker not too long ago and have been making a batch every 3-4 days. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously I cam coming to stay just so I can eat at your house.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥