Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Ollie's Sweater








I finished Ollie's little sweater this morning. He likes it. Now Fletch wants one in RED. He told me so last night. He was so jealous that Ollie was getting all the attention with the trying-on sessions as I made it. There is no pattern. I winged it as I went. I started with a dc cable-ribbed collar like the one on the poncho I made a while back, and the rest is hdc, increasing and decreasing as needed. The dark blue yarn is Vanna's in Colonial Blue, and the light blue yarn is ILTY.


I don't use a recipe when I make my meatloaf, but here are the general directions and ingredients...

Pammy Sue's Meatloaf

2 lbs hamburger meat
1/2 large onion, chopped
3/4 to 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Few shakes of any hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot), optional
About 1/3 cup ketchup
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 sleeve crushed crackers (I used Ritz this time, but I normally use saltines if I have them; you can also use 1 cup of any kind of oatmeal instead if you don't have crackers)
Lots of black pepper
1 tsp salt (optional, depending on how much salt your crackers have on them)
More ketchup for top
2 bacon slices, optional

Mix everything together with your hands until well-combined. Plop it into a sprayed or greased loaf pan. I shape mine with my hands pulling it away from the edges slightly all around. This helps when, as it's baking, the grease starts to run from the meat and you drain it off during cooking. Top with 2 slices of bacon if using.  Top with ketchup. I ended up using twice as much as pictured here and smeared it all over the top. It kind of caramelizes as it cooks and is sooooo good! 
Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check it every 20-30 minutes or so and carefully drain off any liquid or grease that pools around the edges. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing.


See ya!

19 comments:

  1. Olly's sweater is so cute! You did a great job with it. Gosh, you make me want to go out and get a dog just so I can make him a sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue, I was just thinking about you. Glad you stopped by.. Your new place sounds wonderful.. I wish I lived in a country setting.. away from most... and believe it or not I was just thinking when I started my new little fall dress to make something for my little chi sweetpea.. will see..lol.. glad to hear from you..and yes I think we are a lot a like.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer I highly recommend for you to get a rescue!
    I'm going to try your meatloaf, I love all kinds of meatloaf. It's one of my favorite meals along with creamy mash potatoes and corn! Yum I'm hungry now!
    The sweater is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on Ollie's sweater.. I have a feeling soon each of your dogs will be sporting a new coat. Your meatloaf looks good.. we need to make one soon.. tis the season for such things. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ollie is adorable in his handsome sweater. I can see why Fletch would love one in red. Don't forget the other pup-dogs - I bet they'd all like one, too.
    If I were a meat eater I'd make up one of your meat loafs.
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The small town parade looked neat.. from the other day. Meant to comment. It's fun seeing all the horses. Your meatloaf recipe is very close to my mom's.... she always added a little bit of milk for some reason. If she didn't have crackers, she'd add a torn up piece of bread.. I eat gluten free, so I usually add gluten free oatmeal or a piece of gluten free bread torn into little pieces. The Worchestershire sauce makes it so good and so does the garlic! Very cute sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie is very dapper in his sweater. I make meatloaf pretty much the same. I don't add hot sauce, and I always use oatmeal. Mmmm...I must make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie patuty...so sweet. Blue is his color. I use a beef,pork,veal in my meatloaf. Comfort food with smooshed taters hmm hmm good. for stopping over my place and leaving a comment, I hope I can find the thread to match, my mother in law says its the kind that's rolled and smaller then the size 10, maybe I can find a variegated blue variation, that and a maginifying glass to work those really tiny stitches with that size 14, I can't even see the hook with my eyes...Oh bother :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ollie looks just too cute in his sweater! Your meatloaf sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute! I wish my little guy would wear a sweater but he just stays buried in his bed under the quilts.

    Grace & Peace.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Pammy Sue. Ollie looks adorable in his new sweater. My Charlie wants one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ollies sweater is very cute. I can just imagine that all the dogs will be wanting one very quickly. Your meatloaf recipe looks yummy. It's one of Dennis's favorite things to eat so I think I need to get one in the oven before long. Enjoy the sunshine today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, he is too cute in that sweater!! Yes, I think you must get to making sweaters for the others. Can't have any jealous doggies. Thanks for the fabulous meatloaf recipe; I'll definitely be trying this. I bought Bacon Flavored Ritz crackers the other day; I wonder how they would taste crushed up in it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ollie will be all warm and snuggly this autumn!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a lovely job on Ollie's sweater and he looks so spiffy in it. Blue really is his colour hey? The meatloaf recipe sounds good - one of my fave meals so might have to give this one a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your comments and photos of adorable Ollie had me smiling and giggling! TOO adorable :) Mmm, meatloaf...sounds like good comfort food for autumn!
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ollie looks very stylish.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh, how cute is that! Ollie looks great. I especially love the first photo. He looks so proud and dignified, "May I introduce myself? Sir Ollie" ;-). Great job, Pammy Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥