Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lemon Linguini, A Thrifty Haul, And WHATEVER




This was THE BEST Lemon Linguini! I've never had lemon linguini before, but I'm just sayin' it was terrific! It came out of Susan Branch's Summer Book. We both really like this. I was surprised that Ken liked it as much as he did, but I'm glad so I can make it again and again and not have to eat it all myself, which I would do!  The basic dressing is 1/2 cup olive oil, juice of two lemons, zest of one, 1/2 cup chopped green onion, 1/2 cup chopped parsley (I used cilantro), salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. I bought Barilla brand Linguini Fini, a slightly thinner linguini than regular. Am I spelling "linguini" right? My spell-checker says no, it's linguine. Really? What's up with me spelling things wrong these days? I don't care. I'm leaving it "linguini" because I like it that way. Whatever. I had too much coffee. Anyway...make this recipe! It's easy and delish! You could add shrimp or chicken to it too.

Then again, I'm sitting here eating Spaghetti Os, which I love too. Fancy! Oh yes, I have sophisticated taste. See below for more proof.

You know what else I did? I ordered a Simplicity sewing pattern and I don't even sew! I saw it over on Meredith's blog. It's Simplicity Pattern #1080, and I love it. Maybe I can find someone around here to make it for me if I provide the pattern and material. I'm sure I can. I'm not sure why I want to wear something like this, but I'll probably just wear it around here with tights and a sweater anyway. Maybe a heavier material than cotton for winter. I love those big pockets. Looks comfy...

Whatever.

So anyway...
I went to the second-hand store in town yesterday.
Here's what I got.

Sweater and shrug pattern books, which I will never make, 50 cents.
I don't even like shrugs. Whatever.
(Whatever seems to be a theme for me today)

Two highball glasses, $2.

I made a small pkg of butterscotch pudding last night and it fit perfectly into these two glasses. It looked pretty in them too.

Three pretty little pictures.
I hung them by the front door.


Cute, eh?
$3 each for the round ones, $4 for the other one.

A cute little metal shelf, $5.
Destination unknown.

A blue-jean skirt with a belt in my size with the Walmart Faded Glory tag still on, $4.
Yes, I tucked the sides in so you can't see how BIG my waist is!
WHATEVER!

That's all I've got for today. It looks really nice out with the sun shining and a predicted high in the 70s. Maybe we'll go for a bike ride or a drive around the mountains. Sounds good to me.

See ya, friends.

Whatever!

15 comments:

  1. That linguine sounds delicious! You have some great finds here. The skirt is very nice. Every lady needs a spiffy little jean skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum, that sounds good! Great finds; I love that skirt. Those cross stitched pictures are pretty; maybe you'll get inspired to try cross stitching! Enjoy the pretty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love the clothes and all the cool stuff and great deals that pattern is something I would wear except probably not my size :)
    Love the lingunini I never thought of lemons and pasta yet I love them both have to give it a try. have a great evening from Carollyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Man, I want to go thrifting with you!
    I so love Susan Branch and her lovely illustrating. I have all of her books. I'd cut out all the recipes from Country Living magazine and save them. Here's her blog just in case you didn't already know.
    http://www.susanbranch.com/

    II don't know how I missed this recipe as I love anything with lemons in it. I'll be digging out my copy of the book and making this, this weekend.

    If I lived closer I could whip up that sweet dress for you! I think the short version would look great with leggings or jeans. Almost an apron type length.

    Take care & post often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spaghettiOs too....and the spaghetti and meatballs in a can. Now you have me craving spaghettiOs! I like your thrifty finds and the pattern is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! Those needlepoints are wonderful, what a deal! That dress pattern is so cute, I wish I was the size of a person that could carry it off.. lucky you. The pasta looks yummy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interested to see you had the dress pattern on simplicity. If you go to "Dottie Angel" blog the author is Tiff. She designed the dress. She has finished blogging now unfortunately but she has left her blog up. You may like to go and have a look at it. Really delightful. Enjoy reading your blog . Shirley N.Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a great haul at the second-hand shop. The cross stitch pictures look sweet. I bought a lovely square pic of a bunch of roses in cross stitch at an op shop a couple of years ago - its hanging on the wall in front of me and looks like it could do with a bit of a clean. Do you know how to clean them? Your posts always amuse me - whatever !!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pammy Sue: I love that pasta dish...I have that recipie for a post run meal...I chop up garlic and roast it in olive oil first then make the same as you leave out onion and use whole wheat pasta its amazing and love it cold also! Glad to see your enjoying your new state!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pammy Sue, you make me laugh!!! I am craving lemon pasta now!!!! Looked good!
    Love the thrify finds too. Cute skirt! You crack me up....
    I love that pattern. I want to make it too!!!
    I am laughing at the books for crochet, that you say you will never make! I do that all the time too....just in case.
    Love ya kid.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious sounding linguine! All of your finds are great, we serve desserts in glasses too sometimes, it makes them look very pretty doesn't it. Hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linguini sounds right to me. Whatever! Love all of your thrifty finds, especially the needlepoint, glasses and skirt. I thought about ordering that pattern too when I saw it on Meredith's blog. I lOvE the pockets. :-). Hey! If you don't have plans for tomorrow, head down to Loon Lake. I'll be here all day and then we're going for Thai food in Deer Park for dinner. The more the merrier. :-). You've got my number girlfriend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is the thing, I am not sure why I want to wear that tunic either but I really do! Glad you got the pattern. I want that crochet shrug on the cover of that book, I think it is brilliant.
    Hugs to you, can I have your leftovers?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you found some good deals, love those cross stitch pictures. I have that "frock" pattern too, but haven't got past taking it out of the envelope and figuring out what size to make. There are pics posted showing some that people have finished. Some of them look too fitted (small?), and I want mine with some room in it (to hide everything ha!)
    Enjoy your porch sitting and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy yummy! Thanks for the great recipe, must test this. The highball glasses are super pretty and so are the little pictures. Have a good week! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥