Sunday, September 06, 2015

A Whole Lot of Nothin'

Which one doesn't belong?
Hee.

I should have video'd this instead of just snapping a picture because that little kitty was cracking me up. He'd get almost close enough to touch them and then do a little flip and run a few feet backwards. He wanted to be with them, but he was a little nervous. Too sweet. The turkeys were totally ignoring him.

I know it's been nearly a week since I posted, but there's just been nothing going on. It's been really chilly and rainy a lot this past week. Highs some days only in the 50s, which was heavenly to me. I love it!! If our new stove had been hooked up last night and this morning, that baby would have been on full blast. They're coming to get the gas hooked up and fire it up on Wednesday. 

All we've been doing is a whole lotta nothin...watching TV, I crocheted a little, I cooked every day, as you'll see in just a minute, I worked every day during the week, laundry was done, Ken mowed one day when it was dry, and that's about it. That's why I haven't posted. There's just not a whole lot happening. Tomorrow is the big Labor Day Parade, which will pass directly in front of our house, and then there's a big barbecue tomorrow night at the city park down at the river. I'll have some pictures of all that, I'm sure. (I swear I thought you spelled barbecue, b-a-r-b-e-q-u-e. How can I be 54 years old and not know that it's a "c" not a "q"? Wow. How embarrassing. I guess I didn't have to admit that, but oh well.)

So anyway...I did a lot of cooking and baking.


 Mmm, meatloaf.
It was delish and we enjoyed the leftover meatloaf sandwiches even better.


I made this "Lazybones Cheesecake."
I got the recipe from Jennifer here:  Lazybones Cheesecake
It was delicious! We just had it plain, but you could top it with blueberry or cherry pie filling.
Thanks, Jennifer! I'll make this again for sure.





Go ahead. Cram some butter and honey in there!

My oven didn't cook these right. They didn't brown on top even though I brushed them with egg white, and the bottoms got way too brown. I was bummed because I was going to take half of them to my next-door neighbor. They didn't get any because I was too embarrassed to give them rolls that were burned on the bottom. They are really good though if you slice the bottoms off, which is what we did. I'm thinking maybe it's those new silicon pans I got at the thrift store that's burning things on the bottom. My cornbread did the same thing when I cooked it in one of those pans. Maybe I need to lower the heat by 25 degrees when I use them? I'll try it. If they burn one more thing, they are going in the trash. Hmpf!

The rolls made good little sandwiches too.





I've been looking for other recipes to use my Cardamom in. Remember the Cardamom that cost $12.99 for a little bottle? Well I found this recipe for Orange-Cardamom Chocolate Chip Cookies. All it is is the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chips with the zest of one orange and 1.5 tsp of cardamom added. I made them today. They are yummy!

The blue yarn looks gray in this picture.
The real color is shown below.


I worked on this little dog sweater for Ollie all freakin' day and evening yesterday, and it's just garbage! I was so frustrated after spending all that time on it. I even held it up on him several times to make sure it was working. I thought it was, but I was wrong. I'm working on my own version with no pattern today. Maybe I can salvage some of what I crocheted yesterday and make it work. We'll see. Little Ollie needs a sweater in this cool weather, and he really will need one this winter. I have to find a pattern that works. Chihuahuas have a weird body shape. It's hard to make most patterns work on him.

It's a beautiful day today. It's sunshiny with puffy white clouds, and the high is 63 degrees, which is what it is right now. It's so nice and cool and crisp out there. There's just nothing like fresh mountain air!

That's it. I'm off to go work on that sweater. Wish me luck. Hope y'all are having a nice holiday weekend.

See ya.

14 comments:

  1. Here are some archived copies of sweaters designed for chihuahuas.

    http://web.archive.org/web/20071016235534/http://www.geocities.com/dress_your_chi/index.htm

    I recently made the basic blue one and it is cute. I still need to go try it on "Tiny" and see if it fits and get a picture too. It is for a smallish chihuahua and wouldn't fit my chubby Nellie.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do so much for not doing much.. lol! I'm jealous of your rolls.. I keep hoping my dear husband will bake more. I've been taking care of the sourdough starter.. I think I'll make some flapjack batter tonight and make the flapjacks tomorrow. We just ordered a BUNCH of stuff from King Arthur flour website.. you simply have to go look at the stuff there. We got the stuff to make Malted Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Tart.. check it out. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/malted-milk-chocolate-hazelnut-tart-recipe
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well seems to me you have been doing quite a bit. It sure is nice to have cooler weather and some rain. Nice to have the fire season winding down hopefully! Your baking and cooking looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hungry now....especially for meatloaf. I have wondered about silacone pans...try using the same recipe, don't change anything except use a regular baking pan. If they still burn on the bottom you will know its your oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meatloaf looks yummy. Can you send me the recipe? I can't find one I like.

    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so clever being able to wing it with Ollie's coat. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished and Ollie modelling it. I've copied and pasted that cheesecake recipe and will be making one soon. It looks delicious. Had a bit of a giggle re your spelling - I think either version is correct. I suppose you think I'm a terrible speller when I write 'colour' 'gaol' (jail), and a whole lot more I can't think of right now. Love the pic of the kitty with the turkeys - yes, it would have made a great video. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Betty Crocker has come to live with you! :-) I don't like those silicone baking pans. They don't work for me. The weather sounds great. My husband would totally love it. I don't think I could handle the winters though. Good luck with your crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when there is rain, cool days and nothing much going on. Can I move in with you?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. For doing a whole lot of nothing.. you've been doing a whole lot! sometimes our "ordinary" days are really busy! Your cooking and baking looks wonderful... I want some of those rolls and cookies! I can only eat gluten free... so have not yet found a good soft roll that I can make myself.. I'm still trying! Remember that movie "The Magic of Ordinary Days"??? well you've had one of those magical "ordinary weeks"!!! Enjoy enjoy! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks as though you have been cooking up a delicious storm of food!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you're back. Was worried you all had a fire close by and had to evacuate. Glad my worrying was for nothing.
    Anyway, wow you sure have been busy doing nothing, ha ha
    Look at you cooking, crocheting and watching turkey's & kitty play tag.
    That cheese cake is beautiful. I bet it tastes even better than it looks. And those rolls look like they came from a bakery. How do you do it?
    Enjoy the barbecue & parade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That doesn't sound like nothing!! The rolls looked good! Nee love to make bread in the winter. Another month or so, and I can make bread again. The cookies sounded good too. So did the meatloaf! Heck, it all did!!!
    I am sure you can make the sweater for Lil Ollie work. You are a master crocheter.
    I love that it is so cool there. I am excited you get to fire up the heater!!!!
    Hold the parade was fun! We both napped and layed around all afternoon after the girls left. Exhausted!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! Your post is making me hungry, especially for cheesecake! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mouth watered seeing all that great food. The ham roll looked totally delish. Barbeque with a q in N.Z.:-) Looks to me that you have been pretty busy Pammy Sue. Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥