Thursday, August 06, 2015

The Farmer's Market



I somehow managed to shrink every damn picture I took yesterday so that they are not very good quality. I don't know how that happened, but it did. I think I may have forgotten that I shrunk them once yesterday as I normally do, and then shrunk them again today without even looking and hit save before seeing how small they were. Ugh. Anyway, sorry the quality is so poor.


We stopped on the side of the road to take these photos on the way to the Farmer's Market in Colville yesterday. I hope we never stop noticing the beauty of this place. People who have lived here for years and years, or maybe even all their lives, say they don't notice it and are surprised by the wonderment of tourist or people new to the area. Please Lord, don't ever let me get that way!

The Market was small.
Only about 10 tents.

I didn't buy any of this yarn, but I did by something else from these people.

That lady in the red shirt in the tent to the left is Olga.
She had all kinds of yummy-looking food she had made.


We got a container of these chicken sausage dumplings.
They were fantastic! YUM!


This skirt is the only other thing I bought.
Ain't it cool? I love it!
They had two in my size. Wish I had gotten the other one too now.

We got there too late (in the last hour before it closed) so all the good veggies were gone. We're going back on Saturday to see if there are more vendors and will get there earlier so we can get some fresh fruits and veggies.


This is Lake Roosevelt. We stopped so I could wade in the water a while.







The weather was great yesterday. It only got into the low 80s for an hour or so and then dipped back down into the 70s for the remainder of the day. We sat outside in the backyard and enjoyed it with the doggies.

We got the oil changed in the car, did the grocery shopping, looked at the propane stoves and got the skinny on how much that was going to cost us, stopped in at Kettle Falls for gas and some candy and iced tea for the return trip home. I got a Sugar Daddy and a Chic-o-Stick, and Ken got two big rolls of Bottle Caps. (We ate half and saved half for later.) We looked like two children with our hands full of candy and giggling as we left. There's nothing like NOT WORKING to put the child-like joy back in your soul. Of course, Ken is retired, but I've just been lucky the past week and a half and not had any work come in. Everybody I work for is on vacation or busy squeezing out the last drops of summer before school starts. Things will pick up again in the next couple of weeks. No cooking yesterday as we had lots of leftovers to eat.

Oh, I forgot. One more thing...


I ordered this new book from Amazon on a whim a few days ago.
It was waiting on the porch for me when I got home yesterday.
I haven't had a chance to look through it yet.
Love those stockings on the cover!

No more progress on the shawl/scarf I'm crocheting in the last few days. I've been too busy to crochet, and last night I got all involved watching two hour-long shows about Marilyn Monroe and didn't do anything.

Time to go for a bike ride.
See ya.

19 comments:

  1. You won't ever not appreciate the view. I still am in awe of the views from here. Do you ever plan to visit the Portland area? If you do, we'll have a lunch party! I love your skirt.. you can probably get the other one on Saturday. Again.. your peaceful happiness just shines through on your blog posts. Dayle and I are very happy for you and Ken. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Cute skirt.
    You two are so funny with your bottle caps & Chic-o-stick. I would have down the same.
    Oh, that yarn looked very tempting. Love the book you bought. Now's the time to get those stockings made.
    What type of work do you do? I know we'd all be interested.
    Would also love to see more pic's of your sweet pups, too.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is adorable. I'm a fan of hobo chic totally. Yes, great buy. Looks like a fun market and know you will be heading back. Thrilled to see you settling in and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such beautiful scenery, all those beautiful lakes, mountains and blue sky! I bet that air smells great! Nice score at the farmers market, good eats and a pretty skirt!! Sounds like every day is an adventure for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved to Washington in 1988. I met a wonderful man and his little daughter and married him. I love the beauty that is everywhere in Washington, I see how pretty it is everyday. I talk about the places we've been and the gorgeous lakes and beaches and forests. And the wild animals, so many! It really is amazing how many people born and raised here have never taken the time to explore their state! I live in Western Washington, about 40 miles south of Seattle. You will have to check out this side of the Cascades someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, with your toes in the lake, tie dyed skirts, bike rides and farmers markets. The mountains agree with you! Buh Bye Texas....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are the first I read. Your happiness is screaming from the pages, through the words you write!!!! It is so wonderful to be a part of it, via your blog. The scenery is just magical!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!!! You know I've been here 23 years and both Dennis and I are still in awe of the beauty around us. As Midwest "flat landers" we still pinch ourselves to believe we really live here. Your new skirts is really cute and the yarn would have tempted me. I laughed at the picture in my mind of you and Ken with your candy. We spent 9 hours today driving my sister and BIL over to the 50,000 Saloon in Montana and then exploring Coeur d'Alene. I am exhausted. I'm so glad it cooled off a bit for their visit.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my ... it takes a really strong woman to pass up on that lovely looking yarn !! I'm loving all the beautiful pictures of your new home town - such serenity. Don't ever apologise for your photos - they're amazing. You sound a bit like me in that I could quite happily live on sweets (candy) and chocolate and can prove it by my ever expanding waistline. Nice to hear that you and Ken are enjoying his retirement. He'll be wondering how he ever had time to go to work soon. Enjoy your new crochet book - I'll have to go to Amazon now to have a peek. Hope they show some of the projects in it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I love, love, love your photos. Goodness, all the beautiful mountains and the lake....beautiful! :) Looking forward to hearing your review of the new book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time off is just the best!!

    Such a pretty market you visited. I enjoyed seeing your photos of the countryside too.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooove your skirt!!!
    Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove your skirt.
    Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful place you've retired in. How are the winters? We're wintering in Florida but in a few years hope to go there full time. Probably going to die from the heat in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could you not see the beauty of your surroundings, I don't think you will ever end up like that. I am thinking you need another skirt and some of that delicious yarn.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you appreciate all the natural beauty; so many people don't. Cute farmer's market. Love that skirt. I am just so happy that you and Ken are so happy there :-) Have fun with your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I WANT THAT SKIRT!!! I Really do. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think when you are transplanted to another spot in our beautiful country that you never quite get over how pretty the mountains are. I use to feel that was when we made our trips to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Kentucky to visit my in-laws. The people who have lived there all their lives just pay it no mind. It is kinda like being close to the water, mainly the ocean, a person never tires of looking at the water. That skirt, why does it remind me of the hippie days in the 60's when I was in high school and graduated. It is so Bohemian and one could get to feeling like a gypsy wearing it. I love it's carefree look. I bet you are starting your day and ending it with a smile. So happy for you!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love "walking" through your town with you. I would have had to buy some of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥