Sunday, July 26, 2015

Around Town

 

I went for a long walk yesterday evening with Fletcher and Sammi and stuck mostly to Main Street. It's something I promised myself I'd start doing once we got here. For one, I really need the exercise. For two, I'm trying to force myself to get out more and be more social. This is a good start, and in the end, I made a new friend! More on that later. Let's go, okay? Come on!




Isn't the Community Garden wonderful? I have no idea how it works. Can just anybody walk in and plant and tend to things? I need to stop by again when I see someone out here and find out. No one was there today.

This is a cute little bed & breakfast on the main drag, the Matteson House
I wish I knew more about it. I'm sure I'll find out. There's nothing on their website about the history of it or anything really, which is weird.

One thing there is no shortage of in this little town is churches. There are many of them of many different denominations. Aren't the hydrangeas pretty? (Look in the background of the picture and you can see the side of my house. See it just down the sidewalk?)

The Library, apparently. Ha.

Another church a few doors down.

A pretty house for sale.

These pretty flower boxes are all around town.
This one was in front of a Yoga Center.

Hmm...

The Community Connections Center where you can go and use the free WiFi, for one thing. I'm not sure what else goes on there yet. There was one lone teenage boy sitting outside with earphones in listening to something on his iphone. I don't even know if it was open, but this was on the door...

Hmm...

A real estate office. Let's take a closer look.

Pretty. That lady mannequin was kind of creepy, but just a little.
I love that ray of sunshine I captured. I didn't see it with my naked eye.


Another...

And another, the Catholic Church.
I wonder if there's a bell up there? Do you reckon it tolls?
I haven't heard it if it does.

Someone's prettily landscaped yard.

A cool house and location.

A closer look at the house. It's big!

The local tavern that's been around since the beginning of time here. It used to be closer to the river, but they moved it up many years ago by rolling it on logs up the hill. I heard that from a girl I met named Wendy who runs the little coffee shop drive-up window in town. She also said the owner, Marion, is a stickler about no cussing inside this establishment. If you are heard uttering a curse word, you must contribute to the money jar. I'd better watch myself. I could be in trouble here! Heh.

Look.  Another ray of sunshine!
There are weird mannequins in those side windows.
I wonder if it was a brothel at one time back in the old days?

Gosh, I find myself having to cut my posts shorter than I want them to be. There's just so much to show you. I wanted to include some pictures of things I bought earlier this day. Once a year, the whole town has a yard sale and Saturday was the day. We went all around town this morning meeting people and buying a few things. I'll show you what tomorrow.

Also while on my walk, I saw a lady hosing down the sidewalk in front of her house that looked about my age. I boldly walked on over, something I would never normally do, to introduce myself. She was so friendly and seemed happy that I had stopped. Her name was Susan. As I introduced myself and told her I had just moved into town and where, she got a shocked look on here face. Seems she thought I was coming over to welcome her to town because she and her husband just moved into town two days before we did! Isn't that weird? Well, maybe it's not weird in a big town, but it sure is around here. New people are rare. It seems maybe Susan's life path and mine were meant to come together at this point?

We chatted for a long time about where we came from and why we came here. Her husband is Terry, and he retired from Honeywell just prior to them moving here. We plan to meet up next Tuesday night at Kuk's Tavern for Taco Night. Yay! A new friend! It was shocked at how happy it made me to meet her and find out how similar our circumstances are.

Oh my. How fun this has all been so far! Our big leap of faith seems to be working out great so far. I can't remember when I had this much excitement for life and for what the future holds. And you know what? I deserve it. There, I said it.

More to come, friends!
If your life isn't what you wanted it to be or all you wanted it to be, go change it!
Stop waiting for it to come knock on your door and make the change for you.
It won't happen.

See ya.

15 comments:

  1. It sure looks like you picked a lovely place to move to Pammy Sue.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just thrilled to hear how much fun you're having in your new community! Seems like it was fate that you found yourself there. I can't wait to hear more. We're here in MO with our girls and enjoying them.. but the heat and humidity is making D and I quite miserable so we're staying inside and need to get out more, according to my daughter. LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:49 AM

    hi pammy sue...so excited for you and your family in becoming settled, getting to know your town and meeting new friends...thank you for taking your blog readers with you...a wonderful new town, quaint, diverse and definitely in the modern age...look forward to your further explorations...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so wonderful! I'm very happy for you Pammy Sue. And you DO deserve it :)
    p.s. How can you not cuss in a tavern? I wouldn't make it in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and Susan are going to be fast friends.
    Love the small town it is very quaint. I think you are going to be very happy there.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you've settled in so well. Must catch up on your previous posts about this move. Look forward to more about your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up with this and your last post Pammy Sue, great pictures thank you for taking us along with you on your walk. It looks like a great town so many interesting possibilities. I think it's great that you have made a new friend already and how strange that you should both move there at almost the same time you can explore and get to know the place together great fun, looking forward to the next episode. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All looking great Pammy Sue. It will be interesting re what happens at the communal vege patch.Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love small town life. It is interesting how you and your new friend both just moved in...destiny perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to go walking in your new town. It looks like a great place to live. Meeting is new friend was wonderful. Amazing that you've both just moved in! I also live in a small town with lots of churches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I lived in a small town! Glad you made a new friend. Keep posting pictures; I enjoy your new life. Why did ya'll move? New job?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely town! Thanks for the tour. I'm so glad you're happy and excited about your new home. It looks like a great place with lots of opportunities. Yay for a new friend! Friends are so important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pammy Sue, I'm so glad to read this post and that you're settling in so well. And a new friend! Wonderful! Isn't the scenery beautiful up here? I never get enough of it and Dennis and I quite often go for drives just to see more of these beautiful mountains and rivers. Thank you for all of the beautiful pictures. Should we buy that house for sale, then I could be your neighbor too!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful town! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds as though you are really enjoying settling in well! How great that you made a friend already and that she is new to the area too, you can now explore together which will be much more fun and so much easier too won't it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥