Friday, June 26, 2015

Bunnies & Cilantro-Lime Chicken

No, not real bunnies!


Who's reading this book? I am!!

I'm so curious. I watched the show, The Girls Nextdoor, about her and two other girls that lived in the Playboy Mansion with Hugh Hefner. I've seen a few of her interviews hocking this book, and it sounds like it's going to be a good tell-all and not in a good way for Hef. Something different to look forward to reading. I got the Kindle version and will be starting it tonight.



Are you ready for the best chicken recipe EVER?
It really is! We absolutely loved it.
It's at the top of our list now for chicken recipes...

Cilantro-Lime Chicken with
Baked Brown Rice


Here's exactly how I made this. You can double the recipe if you like.

Prepare the chicken:  I used three large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Thaw first if using frozen.  Place chicken breasts, one at a time, in a gallon-size ziplock bag and pound out to about 1/4-inch thick.  Remove and repeat with each breast.  Salt and pepper each breast and set aside.
  
Make the marinade:  In a glass, 1-cup measuring cup, squeeze the juice from 2 limes. I got about 1/3 cup of juice. Add 2-3 Tbsp chopped garlic (I used the jarred kind), about 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, and 2 Tbsp olive oil.  Mix well.

Marinate Chicken:  Place chicken breasts back inside the gallon bag and pour the marinade over the top. Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag occasionally and mashing the marinade around to coat all the chicken.  I marinated mine overnight and then all day the next day until dinnertime.

About an hour and 15 minutes prior to eating, preheat oven to 360 degrees and prepare your brown rice:  Spray a medium casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour 1 1/2 cups dry brown rice into dish (not instant rice). Shake 3/4 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and 2 1/2 cups boiling water over the rice. Mix and cover with foil.  (I also added 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes, 1 tiny can of carrots, chopped, and 2 tsp dried parsley to ours. You can add any veggies and herbs you like or leave it plain.)  Bake covered for exactly 1 hour at 360 degrees. Remove from oven and fluff with a fork. Serve.

About 15 minutes before rice is finished baking, cook your chicken:  You can do this on an outdoor grill or indoor grill (like a George Foreman or whatever).  Grill 4-6 minutes per side until juices run clear.

Refrigerate leftovers and reheat in a covered casserole dish in a 350-degree oven for 35-40 minutes. It's just as good leftover and wasn't dry at all.

Enjoy!

Pammy Sue

5 comments:

  1. Can I have the leftovers?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the Bunny on tv promoting her book. I don't have the book yet, but sounds interesting. I'll look forward to hearing what you think about it.
    The recipe sounds yummy. I make brown rice in the microwave. I suppose the time depends somewhat on the microwave. I use 1 cup rice and 2 1/2 cups water and cook on high power 10 minutes then 70% for 25 minutes and it is perfect. I've never added anything to it but I like the idea of carrots...gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken looks good I am going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know she had a book. I'll have to look for it. I used to watch that show. I loved it, they were really interesting. I remember watching it when I was pregnant with my son, crawling around on the floor trying to finish making his crib quilt because I knew they'd be putting me on bedrest soon. What a weird memory, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the rice and chicken sound delicious!!!! I make a risotto by baking it in the oven so I imagine this rice is similar, never tried it with brown rice though, must give it a go sometime! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥