Wednesday, April 01, 2015

New Stuff, Old Stuff


I got some new yarn and needles yesterday. They're for a knitted vest project I'll be starting soon. The yarn is mostly bamboo and cotton with a little acrylic thrown in. It's so soft! I probably don't need this much yarn, but they only had four left so I got them all just in case. The yarn is Hobby Lobby's Baby Bee, Confection Baby in the color Naked. Me thinks this will have a beautiful drape when it's all knitted up. I can hardly wait.

Y'all were so funny with your comments about my last post and the colorwork. You must understand that I can't actually DO it yet! I can barely knit and purl with one color without bungling it all up. That was just a practice session to get me started and learning and thinking about it. No way was I actually making anything! So don't be so impressed.

I had forgotten about this crocheted blanket I made a few years ago. I came across it and dragged it out to look at for a few days on the back of a chair. It's one of my favorites. It's on my Ravelry page if you want the details. (See sidebar for link)

The new Knit Picks Catalog

I'm staring at these two pages of the new catalog this morning. I think I need to order a complete set of knitting needles and interchangeable circular thingies (so technical). I'm tired of seeing something I want to do on the spur of the moment and not having the right size needles.

See the doily I've been working on since the beginning of time underneath the catalog? It's getting really big. Five more rows to go! I'm using a smaller hook than called for and mine is still bigger than it says it should be already. It will be even bigger when I block it. The last rows are easy but long. I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like with the colors and pattern.





I moved all my succulents outside a couple of days ago. They've been inside all winter. Most of them did great, but some of them started to look sickly towards the last few weeks. They seem happy to be outside in the warmer weather and some are sprouting new leaves on their bare stems. I love my plants!

We have a rainy day today. Yay! I'm going to sit on my arse and crochet on that doily and drink coffee. I made my first batch of cold-brewed coffee yesterday. I just need to strain it and get it in the fridge. I'm pretending I don't have a job today and ignoring the inbox. I was all caught up yesterday, but now that I've mentioned that, it will be flooded. Doesn't it always work that way? Not if you don't look! Hahaha. I could never really do that because I'm too responsible, aka guilty-feeling. I suck at being a loser.

Okay, bye.

19 comments:

  1. The blanket is beautiful, the colors are so good together, please share at mt link up. The flowers are lucky to be abble to stay ourside. We still have frost during the night here in Norway.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a circular set of knit picks and I love them, you just have to make sure you crank that little screw and use that little pin device to make sure they are good and tight. You will LOVE them and they are well worth the price.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some yummy looking yarn there! I also like those pretty wooden knitting needles. I think you should buy all those needles so you're prepared for everything! I also love your plants.. I'm for sure a plant lover. Have fun with that yarn! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blanket. I have the book that is in, I've always admired it, but never looked at the pattern to see how it was made. Your new yarn looks fun to work with (as do the knitting needles). When I first started crocheting, I called my hooks needles. Ha! Hope you have a great day, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your knitting, Pammy Sue; that yarn does look nice and soft. Your plants look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo I love Knit Picks. And they stopped making my beloved "Comfy" bulky cotton. I love those pretty needles too :) I'm a circ user exclusively, so I miss out on some of these pretty needles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There Pammy Sue, Go ahead, get the interchangeables. You'll love them. I have the complete set of knit picks harmony needles. You may want to get some cable connectors too while you're at it since the cables aren't long enough if you want to knit a blanket of any kind.
    Your new yarn looks so yummy. I just love Hobby Lobby's yarns. They are all so soft.
    Have fun and don't worry about work. It's always waiting for you!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new yarn and that blanket has a lovely texture and the colours are great together. Now that you have the knitting bug you really must have a complete set of needles Pammy Sue, I can't advise on circular thingies because I mostly knit on straights, for some reason short needles hurt my thumb joints. I can't wait to see that doily you have hidden there. I'm glad your plants are healthy my little succulent died on me I was so upset. I hope your inbox stays empty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn sounds heavenly, and your plants are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your new yarn will be perfect for your new cast on. !!!
    I only grow bamboo...Im a lazy indoor gardener. I work hard on the outdoor garden though and I have the rose bush barb in my finger to prove it. ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of cool looking macro shots with your camera lately :)
    I want those interchangeable needles, but I'm afraid if I buy them then I'm truly committed to a whole new craft. I probably need to quit "dabbling" in knitting and get serious. Or I will just watch you knit for a while haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Pam,
    Love the crochet blanket, but most of all love, love, your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pammy Sue, that naked yarn looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing it made up. I'm the same as you with the needles - not only do you need the right size needle, but the right size cable as well! Although I have done a bit of research into magic loops in circular knitting and I'm wondering if this is the answer. I love your succulent photos - love your narrow depth of field on them (hark at me with my technical photographic speak!) Now shall I ask my husband for a complete set of interchangeable knitting needles for my birthday, or a 50mm lens for my camera? ummmm, I may need to be extra nice to him over the next month or two :o) Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your succulents look lovely and healthy - I like succulents too but mine didn't seem to like me - it DIED !! Mind you, most of my indoor plants seem to suffer the same fate. That brown/cream blanket is an interesting pattern. I checked it out on Rav - nice. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am certainly happy to be outside in the warmer weather, too! Great photos and I love the colors in that blanket! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amei as cores escolhidas para esse crochê,ficou muito bonito.Feliz Páscoa!!Beijo.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the "naked" yarn! Good luck with your knitting. Beautiful afghan! Great header but I sorta liked the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The yarn sounds great! I haven't worked with bamboo yarn yet but I have heard good things about it!

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I miss all of these posts? I love that afghan Pammy Sue! And I love that you are thinking about a set of needles. I got the Harmony Wood set from knit picks.
    Size 4 to 11. Comes with 4 cables. But if you order it, order a 40" cable too. I had to borrow this one from my friend. Trust me, you will need it!
    Love ya I'd
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥