Friday, April 03, 2015

Flowers & Books & A Shirt

These Bearded Iris came from the backyard.
There was only one Daffodil but it came inside too.
I'm enjoying them so much more in a jug on the table.
They make me smile.

That purple grape doily is becoming one of my favorites. I'm going to make it again because I want to give it as a gift. I started a large Patricia K. doily last night. (I'm sticking to one color. I learned my lesson.) I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and become something beautiful. From an ordinary ball of thread to an amazing piece of heirloom lace...it still amazes me every time I finish one that you can make something like that from a bunch of string and a metal stick with a hook on the end.



I'm feeling sick at my stomach right now.
I drank too much coffee this morning.
Ugh! That's an awful feeling.
I need to eat something alkaline to balance out all that acid.

Ollie sees y'all looking at him through the lens.
How you doin?


This book came highly recommended, so I got the Kindle version last night and started reading it around midnight. Mistake. I didn't want to put it down. It's a good one. I still have a long way to go. I'll let you know what I think after I'm finished with it. You can get yours HERE.


I also got these two books in the mail yesterday. They came from a book list I saw on Pinterest, "12 Books That Will Make You Fall in Love With Reading Again." It's the same list I got A Tree Grows in Brooklyn from. They are next in line.

I got this cookbook too...

And this one.

I looked at about half of the Summer one yesterday afternoon. What a fun cookbook. I just love her stuff. 



I saw this shirt on line a few days ago when I was looking for something completely different. The minute I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I'm wearing it today. It's super-soft and makes me feel pretty.   I even put some hot rollers in my hair today and curled it.

I gotta go eat something.
See ya.

17 comments:

  1. Love the shirt, I want one! Thanks for the book ideas, what I have been reading lately has not been great. I will look The Girl On the Train up.
    Happy Easter,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the iris, Love the doily, hate you're feeling sick, LOVE Ollie, Gonna have to check out the book..AND lovin on the shirt, looks like something that needs to be in my closet...now I want it :)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is gorgeous! Where did you find it? Makes me want to start summer clothes shopping! The
    women in White is a good read. Good luck with your new doily! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness this was a newsy post. I don't know what to comment on first. That shirt is really beautiful and I wish I could see a picture with you wearing it. Hint hint! I'm sure your next doily will be just gorgeous. All of them that you make are. I find it amazing when they appear from my hook and string too. Just loops and thread and there is a work of art! I want to get some flowers too. I've been watching everybody on their blogs and they flowers all look so springlike. I don't have any in my yard so I'll have to buy some. Have a lovely weekend my friend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of those iris. They don't last long enough though. Love the doily. I'm reading the Outlander series and can't wait for season 2 to start tomorrow. I love that top! Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers and the shirt. My daughter highly recommends The Bell Jar. I haven't read it yet, but it's definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that grape doily! It would be pretty in grape purple, or green for green grapes? Every time I see your button jug I google and look for one and guess what? Avoca is making them again and I ordered one! Woohoo! I think your iris are actually Siberian Iris - the bearded ones are bigger. I love those! That Ollie is just so cute, I'd love to hold him. I just bought a book about a soldier - the author gave a presentation about his books at our meeting on monday and this one "Stoneheart" by Baer Charlton and it's gotten great reviews. I got it for my iPad for my flight to New Orleans. I agree that I'd like to see you model your new top! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shirt, I want one too! The flowers are very pretty I have quite a few daffodils out right now I think I'll pick them and put them on my table it's a pity they don't last very long. Thanks for the book suggestions gonna take a look now, have a great Easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iris is my favorite flower. So much so that I used it as a pseudonym for the internet when I first started using it 20yrs ago. The name was "Irisbleu". Your doilies as usual are awesome! I love that shirt. It's beautiful. I haven't read many books lately. Not since hubby took over my kobo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late me know what you think of the books! I love SB books too. My grape iris' just began to open. I love them! Your doilies amaze me!!! I still don't think I can use such tiny thread and hook! One day I will try it.
    Love the top. I love soft flowey tops. Into florals too. And lace. Lace always makes a girl feel pretty! Did you make Cap take you out? Can't waste a good hair day and feeling pretty!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently read The Girl on the Train and like you, couldn't put it down. So many twists and turns. I'm reading another good book at the moment called The Good Girl and its also hard to put down. That first picture on your post is so gorgeous - you have a beautiful home. What is that little purple flower? I was playing with my camera on Friday and took a pic of something very similar - not being a gardener, I haven't a clue on what it is. Nice shot of Ollie - he's such a cutie. Happy Easter. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH PAMMY SUE I LOVE THAT SHIRT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Ollie! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty shirt! The Susan Branch books are looking great, I love this kind of books. Thanks for showing, have put them on my wishlist :-). Happy Easter!! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Woman In White is good. I got it free for my Kindle on Amazon. I like Wilkie Collins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥