Monday, April 13, 2015

A Brighter Day

Yes, life can be a DRAG, but let's look at some pretty things today, shall we?



Our Indian Hawthornes are all bloomed out.
It makes the backyard so pretty when they bloom.
The bees love them.
Pretty pink-ness!


Our neighbors behind us have this trumpet vine growing over their fence. They had their fence replaced a couple of years ago, and all the trumpet vine got torn down. It was massive back then. The first season after the new fence, they had a teeny-tiny bit come back and peek over the fence. It's getting bigger and spreading wider with each spring and summer.


Isn't it gorgeous? I love ORANGE flowers!


I was so thrilled to see my Rosemary had made it through the late snow and ice. She's all bloomed out with her tiny blue/purple flowers. Yep, she's going to make it. What a hardy girl she's been. She started out as a 6-inch plant from the nursery. I've used her in many meals and given many stems away for friends to use. One lady asked for a bunch to use in a bath. She said if you place several stems in a hot bath and sit in it, it cures constipation! I've never tried it, but she sounded very sure of herself.


And this is a wild raspberry vine that grows in our front beds. They're insidious and have prickly thorns and are mostly a nuisance, but they get these pretty little white flowers with a pinkish tinge.


Then, of course, there are the rose bushes. We lost two over the winter, but we have tons of buds that are about to bloom out there on the three that lived in the back yard. I can hardly wait to see them and pick a few to bring inside to enjoy.

My next post will be a BIG doily Tah-Dah! See you then.

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE trumpet vines.... they sort of grow randomly around various trees here on the property.... as does the raspberry... to show you what a city girl I am, the first year we moved here I got the bright idea to rip it all out and then had the bright idea to weave a basket from the vines ( which in hind sight should have been an indicator... no thorns) so I wove this awesome rustic basket from the pulled vines... and hte next day I was COVERED in poison ivy... head to toe... umm yeah... good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue, your garden looks so pretty with all the things in bloom. Our plants here are just starting to leaf out. I think I may have lost one of my rose bushes. It's up by the mailbox and got all the snow (and salt) piled on it by the plow. I'll give it a couple more weeks. Sometimes I don't know how to respond, so I don't comment, but I'm thinking of you. I hope things within your family will get better for you. Hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring! Such beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers!! Happy to hear you're having a better day today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Yard Pammy Sue.
    I lost one rose bush this winter TOO. I think I need a few new ones and I need to keep them in full sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the spring time does make everyone feel better especially going out side and these flowers are great as you know from my post tons of violets in my lawn ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers. I would enjoy looking at them as I sipped on a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to have a neghbor who shares their trumpet vine with you. So many neighbors would keep it trimmed.

    Your lflowers look beautiful. Must check nto some Indian Hawthorne. They look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad today's a better day :-) Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pink bush in your yard is amazing - so BIG and very pretty. Also the trumpet vine looks gorgeous. The little seat looks very inviting - your yard must be lovely. Do the doggies behave and not dig? Always look forward to your doily tah-dahs. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely blooms
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing flowers! I don't think I have seen all of these here in Germany!

    The first pic is absolutly great!!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are beautiful!! I can't wait until all the ugly snow has melted and our lawns and flowers start blooming Then I know the nicer weather has finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are surrounded by beauty, Pammy Sue - so very good of the soul. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It always helps me feel better to look at pretty things, so thank you. I love seeing plants in other places. My rosemary is blooming for the first time since we bought this house six years ago. I think we finally had a wet enough winter for our plants! Your trumpet vine is way ahead of mine, I don't even have buds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is quite evident that you don't need no stinkin' photography class!! LOL! These are such beautiful images, Pammy Sue. Made my morning to see them. AND, that exquisite doily! It is amazing. You did a beautiful job. hugs and blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers. Love that vine, amazing. Good to know about the rosemary, I just planted some.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely photos! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2:00 PM

    I was having such a bad day today. Then I saw your beautiful spring flowers. Feeling a little better now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your flowers are beautiful love spring it's everything renews itself. And sweet fragrance of everything blooming too. Your garden looks like a sanctuary where you sip coffee or tea just chill out. Thank you for sharing all you do. Your Rosemary sure does get bigger every year and thrives through some rough winters. I bet it taste good when you use as it is so fresh. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely flowers. Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥