Friday, March 27, 2015

A Book and Babbling

What I'm reading.

I've been heavily into this book the last couple of nights. As you know if you've read here a while, I have a fascination with anything neurosurgery and have read many books like this. Love it.

 Is this cute or what?
Credit & Pattern HERE.



I've been looking at lacy collars lately. They'd be fun to make with thread and a little different than a doily. I'd never wear it...just something fun and pretty to make. 

***************

I also thought it might be fun to do this:  Make Your Own Buttons  I probably never will, but it would be fun to do with a girlfriend on a Saturday with plenty of coffee and goodies to snack on.

***************

I still haven't gotten any new glasses since we got the eye exams and new prescriptions. The Cap ordered his online the day after. When I got online and started "trying on" glasses (you know how you upload a picture of yourself and you can try on different frames and see how they'd look on your face), I got all OCD and tried on about 2,000 pairs and they all started looking the same. I said f*ck it and signed off in frustration. I'll go to Walmart or somewhere where there are less choices and I can't get all confused and befuddled and JUST PICK ONE ALREADY! I annoy myself.

***************

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy, or something like that:

Compassion literally means “to suffer together.” It’s a deep awareness of the suffering of another accompanied by the wish to relieve it. If someone has to define it for you and tell you they need it, you are incapable of giving it. It can’t be learned. You inherently have it or you don’t. Reciting words of condolence is not compassion. Telling someone you’re sorry for their circumstance is not compassion.

Just a thought...or maybe not. Ah-hem. My mind just went off on a rant about this, but I'm not going to write it down here. You're welcome.

***************

See ya next week.

17 comments:

  1. That does look like an interesting book. Have you ever read Gifted Hands by Ben Carson? He's a retired neurosurgeon. I've seen the movie but haven't read the book yet.
    The baby set is too cute! But, oh not practical. My baby goes through two outfits a day plus pajamas and bibs.
    I never thought about making my own buttons! How neat! You pick a Saturday and I'll bring the clay :-)
    I remember Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy. Interesting thoughts on compassion; I never thought about it like that.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Handy nailed that one. I too love those fancy colars and especially the victorian ones or the steampunk. but I never venture to make them because I'd never wear them. but sometimes we have to just step out there. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm..... lots to think about today. The book looks very interesting. Hope you are having a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that baby outfit.. I can just imagine it on a little one. I would totally wear one of those collars, now I just need to make one. I like the 2nd one best. As a person who took pottery for years I'd love to make some buttons like that. I even have some PMC, precious metal clay somewhere that I could use. Hmmm. I got 2 new pairs of glasses and love them... got them at Costco. Have a great weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting book and deep thoughts today Pammy Sue. That baby outfit is adorable but when I looked at the pattern it's, *gasp*, a chart!!!!! I don't like charts very well. They confuse this old brain. The collars are gorgeous. So pretty. I finished a little doily last night. It was a break from my log cabin blanket.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rather like that last lacey collar - you could wear it like/instead of a scarf ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am howling about the eyeglass choices!! Only because too many choices gets me to the same OCD place! Ha! I do best without too many!

    Okay, I can tell I'm going to be mulling over that quote all day. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness Pam .. you really are getting deep here. I liked the part about compassion - something to think about. The baby's outfit reminds me of a clown - am I reading something into this LOL Enjoy the rest of your weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pammy Sue, hope your shoulder is doing better. I know it can be difficult not to do things you normally do. Your books sound interesting. I tend to be a bit squeamish though. The baby outfit and collars are very pretty. I especially like the soft colors. Enjoy your Sat. What are you cooking up today? You always seem to make fun and interesting things over the weekend. Have a great day, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading, it feels like if you've lost a good friend shen the book is finished. Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, I'm making Hamburger Helper! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if I would read this book, I could start crying thinking about what it might be.
    I have had some very depressing life events and turned to my tatting to get my mind off of some things I have no control over.
    I do feel that some people teach themselves to be unfeeling and don't build on the amount of compassion they were given. I would like to believe that everyone has some amount.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That baby outfit is so cute it makes me wish I had a baby to make it for. The book looks interesting , lacy collars are pretty but I would never wear one either. Just go out and get yourself some glasses Pammy Sue they will look fine whatever you choose. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an interesting book! I shall look out for it :-)

    Good luck with your glasses! Shopping for them can be such a pain in the butt!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about a little review about the book on here?
    That's one cute crotchety thing for a baby... or a small pup?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought some new sunglasses recently and tried on loads of pairs and there was only a relatively small selection so I understand your problems with too much choice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this doily and thought of you and then I got to the bottom of the blog and realized it is humongous, take a look http://supelkologia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥