Friday, February 27, 2015

Welcome to Snowy Texas

Warning: Pictures Galore...


Huh?


Really?


Eli is saying the same thing, but I'm not sure if it's about the weather or me taking his photo while he's pooping. What a good boy braving the snow and cold! Sammi just takes a big ol' shit on the porch! She's always done that when it's snowing or raining. She ain't going out in it!

Anyway, these pics were taken about five minutes ago. It's been snowing about the last 45 minutes or so, and is supposed to continue through this afternoon. We'll see how much we end up with. I know this isn't much to some of you people who've gotten literally tons of snow this winter, but this is only our second "skiff" of it. Big news around here. The Dallas-Ft. Worth area is paralyzed. We are snow wimps and cannot drive worth two shits in it. My hubby just texted me that they worked three roll-over wrecks within the first 30 minutes of the snow starting. Wow. What is wrong with you people?


I roasted a Butterball Turkey Breast (Cajun Seasoned) on Wednesday. We had turkey, dressing, green beans, deviled eggs, and cranberry sauce. It was so good! Then yesterday we had turkey sandwiches...mine with the cranberry sauce on it. YUM! I think we have enough leftover turkey for one more sandwich each.


And just a few days ago, it was nearly 80 degrees and we were grilling hamburgers!


I picked these Paperwhites from the garden because they were all pretty and bloomed out and it was fixin' to freeze. I wanted to bring them in and enjoy them a while longer. They were so pretty.


No, it's not a cold sore. What do you think, I'm gross or something? I asked Fletch for a kiss, and he got a little rambunctious and nipped my top lip! It hurt like hell! LOL. You have to watch that one. He's crazy! He gets overly-excited and can't control himself. Jeez. You'd think I'd learn! Believe it or not, this disappeared before the day was over. All that was left was a purple lip on the underneath side.

Dog Pictures (and a couple with me).

An iPhone pic of me (sans make-up) and Eli laying in bed.

Crazy-ass sleeping. Don't sneak up on him!

Ollie

Me & Ollie (again sans make-up).
Who cares?

Sammi

And I can't leave Janie out.
I don't think she could see me very well so she looks a little startled.

End of Dog Pictures

I went shopping the other day in Plano, and when I came out of the store, look what I had waiting for me...

My own personal cop waiting in the parking lot for me.
I had texted him and told him where I was going.
I snuck a kiss or two through his window.


Man, did I dig up a variety of pictures from the last couple of weeks or what?  I didn't realize I had that many I hadn't showed you.

**Update**

I just went out and took some updated pictures of the snow. It's really coming down! Look at the difference in the first pictures and these...





My poor Rosemary.
Hang in there, Rosemary!
I love you. You can make it!
Love grows where my Rosemary goes,
And nobody knows like me.

Bye, Friends!
Coffee and a fire coming up...

20 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!

    It snowed once about like that when I lived in South Carolina, near Charleston and the whole town went nuts! It was funny! (I'm from Indiana).

    Love all the pictures, but especially the one of Ollie by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh oh. My cat once did that to my lip with her claws. It was not her fault. Hard to explain. It hurt like hell. Torn flesh is awful!!!!!

    I love all your pictures. Its all snow here . No rosemary no thyme and no flowers. Not even snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so much snow in Texas. silly me thought it never snowed there. It is a totally different story here in Norway.

    In some ereas we get snow taller than a grown man.

    Have a nice week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, ya'll got more than we did, at least that is here in Hicktown, 50 miles north of us and they got 4 inches. We had lots of ice, schools closed for two days, and several vehicular accidents (no, not me).
    LOL...my bff from high school (yeah, we still keep in touch after ____ years) is married to a cop. I asked "do you play good cop/bad cop" HAHAHAHA!!! she blushed and said "yes". :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Pammy Sue just wanted to tell you I love reading your blog. You just crack me up! Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so much fun Pammy Sue! Snow. Wow! I didn't realize it snowed that much in Texas. I won't complain about the snow here at Mandy's. At least we're a bit acclimated to it. I always enjoy your doggy pictures but not the one of your lip. Ouch! That looks painful. And if ally, how fun to have your own personal officer of he law come to give you smooches. :-) I LoVe that. Sweetness.
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice on Wednesday. Now I'm sick of it. Tim's been fixing the fire trucks that wrecked going to help the idiots who can't drive in the snow. I love all your doggy pictures, especially the one of Ollie, and it's great to see YOU in the pictures too :-) Stay warm and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty snow photos! Scary for those who aren't use to it and have to commute. We've had another 8 inches fall the past few days bringing our total for the week up to 18 inches. The sun is out today and it's melting fast. Just in time for more to fall tonight and over the weekend. I am so ready for SPRING! That turkey looks scrumptious! I want some with all the fixens, including pumpkin pie..mmmmm! Your furry little family members are just adorable. What would we do without them? Crank up the heat, and enjoy your coffee. Stay safe and I hope you have a great weekend. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That snow really fell!!!! So beautiful!
    Your lip looked like it hurt!!!! Ouch!!!!
    Turkey dinner=Yum!!
    Your hair has gotten so long! Love it!
    I wish I had my own personal cop!
    Enjoy the snow, and the fire!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at all that snow. Poor Eli - nothing is sacred these days huh? I bet poor Fletch feels terrible for giving you that love bite - have you forgiven him? Pretty white flowers. That picture of Ollie is gorgeous - looks very professional. He ought to do dog commercials. Also love the picture of you Pam - you should 'appear' more often. Have a good weekend and watch out for those frisky cops. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You still got. Glad to have popped by this morning while sitting here sipping my coffee in -3 weather again. Take care of the lip. Hugs.....you know who.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, I would like to point out that you are a beautiful lady!
    As for the snow, we get a lot of jokes about Canadians shoveling snow in their underwear or shorts and people having beer parties out in the snow in their bathing suits etc.... But it's damn cold and I doubt they stay out there longer than they need totake the picture. LOL
    Love your pics and your dogs are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was watching the weather on t v and saw that Texas was getting snow and I thought of you. Looks like you got just enough to make it fun (except for the driving part). That picture you took of Ollie looks very artsy, like it should be on the cover of a magazine for Dog of the Year.
    When it's raining Charlie just hangs his butt off the patio over the grass so his dainty paws don't get wet. Sissy.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved all of the pictures. Snow shuts us down in SC too! I hate it! We had hamburgers yesterday too but I let George Foreman cook mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the pics! We get snow each and every year in KY and each and every year they all act as though they've never seen it before. They never slow down their speed when driving, and then they all look around in amazement when their happy butts end up in ditches. As Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!". :)

    Are you still knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pups are so precious - I'm sure your little fellow didn't mean to hurt you. We've had snow covered ground for weeks now here in NY - I loved it all but now I'm definitely ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The clear clean snow is so beautiful! We don't get any around here and I'm a little envious of the pretty, but not of the cold :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your snowy pictures Pammy Sue, we haven't had too much of it so far but theres still time. Hope your lip is better it does look sore. Your turkey looks yummy, I made beef in the slow cooker yesterday and it was so tasty. Don't worry your rosemary will be fine it's strong stuff, have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, snow in Texas is pretty unusual!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a fun filled post ... Hope it starts to warm up there soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥