Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Knit Hooded Cowl





I finished it! Woot!

Pattern:  The Ryder Raccoon (not in raccoon colors and without ears), The Velvet Acorn
Yarn:  Lion Brand Thick & Quick in Charcoal & Sequoia
Needles:  Size US 13, 24" circular
Size:  Adult

There are some imperfections around the edge of the hood the charcoal color that are really bugging me. I may rip that out and redo it, but I'm leaning towards just leaving it as it is. If it were made for someone else, I would definitely fix that, but since it's for me, meh, who cares? It's home-made! It's supposed to have little imperfections, right?  :)

I've enjoyed making this SO MUCH! Even all the tantrums and ripping out, when I look back on them, were all part of the learning experience, and I'm grateful for them. My friend, Kris, made one along with me for her granddaughter, and we chatted on the phone and via text every single day, sometimes all day, keeping each other up to date with our progress with pictures and laughing and bitching and generally having a good time. Thank you, Kris, for doing this along with me! It's so fun to have someone to knit or crochet with, even if it's "virtually" through technology.

So now I'm waiting on my second shipment from Knit Picks, who hasn't even shipped my order yet, so I can finish crocheting the baby sweater. It's hit or miss with them. Sometimes it takes them a week to even ship, and sometimes you get it in two days! They are very inconsistent in their shipping times. Am I whining? Yes. Yes, I am.

I'm going over to post my hooded-cowl on Lunamon's Link-Up since it's today. I love seeing what everyone has been making and get some great ideas at link-ups.

See ya.
(I'll post the Fair Isle book stuff next time, I promise!)

24 comments:

  1. Holey Moley! I'd say you got it girl. but I have found its not so hard for us who are already versed in yarny craft stuff like crochet, its just a step in a different direction. That is stunning, and you have EVERY reason to be proud of it. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice! Great job on a new skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! It looks awesome. You did a great job on it. So what if there are little imperfections. It's part of the project. It's what makes it unique. I also love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knit hood looks terrific! Congratulations on completing it and with your new craft. Pretty colors too. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee Pammy Sue! You did it and it looks wonderful! I just knew you would do a great job. Kris is a sweetie and I think it's great you two were able to make your hooded cowls together for fun and the encouragement you were able to give each other. I adore my bloggy friends. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I love your hooded cowl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing my link up and entering with your lovely cowl! You have mastered the art of knitting.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot! Woot!! Excellent job, Pammy Sue! You are on a roll now. :) Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very proud of you! You go girl! You are just amazing. I love this. It's going to look perfect on you and be all warm and snuggly. I can't wait to see what you knit up next. Let me know if you want to do a KAL or something....I love making cowls...just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a fantastic job on the hooded cowl ... it looks very classy and fashionable. Your model is a bit swish too - wish I had her hair colour. What are you planning for your next knit project? xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how much fun I had making this with you Pammy Sue!!!! Your colors are so warm and rich. I love the grey edging on the hood. It looks fantastic!!!
    Let's do something else now. And we will learn some new skills.
    Hugs
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo on such an adventurous project so soon after mastering knitting! It's gorgeous and very fashionable. I think you need to model it for us. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks fabulous Pammy Sue and you have master knitting like a pro. Great job my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! That's amazing Pammy Sue. You did a wonderful job. You learn so quick! Love the colors you chose. Congrats! Thank you for the Punxsutawney Pudding recipe. I am definitely going to try it. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fantastic is that and how clever are you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're really on fire with the knitting now! I love the way this turned out, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Pammy Sue it's great and just leave it the way it is it looks fine, I bet it's lovely and warm too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pammy Sue that is the BEST hoodie ever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alright Pammy Sue!! This really turned out great, and is inspiring me to start another knit project. I noticed knit picks is a little slow too, and I sometimes order from Jimmy Beans Wool and get it in 2 days with a $4 flat rate (I think).
    Can't wait to see what you're going to make next!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job, no ripping things out, it looks great. Glad you and Kris had a wonderful time together, well not really together, you know what I mean.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. And you a beginner knitter? Wow, I am impressed. beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great girl! Don't rip it out, only one who will know where there might be something questionable is you. It looks good and warm for the winter cold days. Your knitting needles are smoking, hoot, hoot!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, super! Looks great and really cozy. It's perfect just like it is. If you really cannot look away from that tiny mistake in the hood's border, don't rip it out! Just take a thread of that grey yarn and a darning needle and make a few stitches that look like knitted. Et voilà! Greetings & have a wonderful week, Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥