Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Really Nice Day

 Mango-Cilantro Scented Candle
Surprisingly delicious-smelling!


 That glove is twice as long now. Yipee!
The safety pins are marking my increases.
Who needs stitch markers?


Drinking some hot mocha with marshmallows...
And listening to my new Ed Sheeran CD.



Baking brownies during a break from knitting.
Recipe here:  Lunch Lady Brownies
I haven't baked anything in weeks!

I'm also marinating some thin, boneless pork chops in a sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, etc. concoction for a stir-fry dinner. A neighbor was cooking something with sesame oil yesterday evening, and it was driving me wild because it smelled so good. I had to make some today. I hope I drive somebody else wild with the smells wafting from my house today.

The hand is good. The icing and resting did worlds of good, and before I started knitting today, I did some hand stretching exercises that Carollyn sent to me. She says they work and I hope they do.

I have the back door propped open so the dogs and wander in and out as they please today. It's in the mid-70s and sunny...another beautiful day. I'm sure it'll soon turn back to winter weather again, but not today.

I cleaned off my desk of the mail I had let stack up -- things that I knew were not important but needed to be dealt with. So it's all filed or thrown away and everything is in its place. I'm a good little secretary. It soon will be time to do our taxes, and we'll reap the benefits of that.

Oh, I saved this to show you...it cracked me up!

It's a rat sweater!
I saw it on Ravelry while perusing the knitting patterns.
Look at those little toes!


If you get a chance, go over to Lunamon Design's Link Party and post a picture of one of your finished knit or crochet things. She's having it every Wednesday now. Her button is in my sidebar if you want to grab it. I have it sized smaller than hers if you prefer that.

Is 3:50 in the afternoon too early to put on my PJs? Well, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm done for the day, at least for anything I need to be dressed for. That didn't sound right.

See ya.

23 comments:

  1. Oh, girl! I'm about to hit the shower and put on my pjs too!! That rat sweater is HILARIOUS! Thank you for the party link. I'll have to check that out and try to do it next week. Glad you are having a wonderful day! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day, Pammy Sue :-) Glad to hear you're feeling better. I use hairpins for my stitch markers. It was nice today, but cold weather's coming. Your cocoa looks so good; reminds me I need to make some mix. A sweater for a rat? Now, that's something! Enjoy your afternoon and evening in your PJs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your hand is feeling better. Sounds like you have your mojo back with all the knitting, baking and cooking! Take time to ice your hand now and then so you're not in pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a NICE day!! My daughter had a pet mouse when she was little. She will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I showed the rat in the sweater to my grandsons.. they go.. what??? And giggled. Cute. How did the brownies turn out? I also love sesame oil.. so toasty and yummy. I wish I was as organized as you!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! thanks for sharing❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that blanket over the back of chair is yummy!
    Glad your hand is okay!!!
    I love Ed Sheeran too! I knew you would be making something Asian after the good smells the other night!
    I hate typing on my iPad. So bye
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue gloves and the brownies look so yummy. Hope your hand is doing better since you said you are knitting again. It's funny to see a hat dressed in a sweater but they do tricky me out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweater for a rat?? Just when you think you've seen everything. Glad your hand is good enough to knit again. Go slw and don't push it. The brownies sound yummy. I made the beef stew again today. It is so good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your window into your life. Looks like a very nice day.
    Thank you for joining the link up and talking about it. Keep my fingres crossed for next wednesday, hope for better turn up. It takes time to build it. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect day Pammy Sue, glad your hand is feeling better, I use bits of yarn for stitch markers in a contrasting shade. Those brownies look good but I'm afraid to bake anything I'm trying to be good and it's hard. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute little rat sweater. lol I haven't had hot cocoa in a long time. As for jammies, I'm always wearing mine. At least most of the time in Winter. I don't go anywhere and not one ever comes here for a visit so why not? And if people can wear them to go in town then I don't see a problem wearing them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your day sounds perfect. Love the look of that brownie - bet it tasted as good as it looks. I thought the little rat sweater was cute and I even tried to find it on Rav but couldn't :( As you know, I knit and crochet a lot for charity and animal shelters are on our list of charities to support. I don't suppose anyone thinks of the poor little ratties. Anytime is a good time for pj's - nice and cosy. Enjoy your evening. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I just love that afghan on the chair and the purple and white doily (with the mocha on top! ;-) much better than a cherry...). Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sure looks like a nice day at your house. That wrist warmer is coming along - pretty color too. I'm enjoying the knitting process as well, but it's so much slower than crochet!
    Eat a brownie for me, or three. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that same Ed Sheeran CD and LOVE it! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want lunch lady brownies!,,,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every thing looks so cozy and hot coco too and even the little rat looks cozy, so funny glad it is not really yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That rat sweater is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rat sweater! UGH! Someone has just too much time on their hands. That'll never happen in this house, my Yorkshire terriers are ratters, that is what they were bred for, they also go after birds, rabbits, cats, squirrels, anything that does not belong in their yard or house space space. So glad your hands are doing better. Mine ache too when I crochet and knit. Wish I could open a window today, or the door. It is 25 degrees out, brrrr!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her button and your button... smaller than hers...
    Why am I inclined to think weirdly of this statement? :P Nevermind.

    Rat sweater... cute, but the rat... sorry to say but here in NY we have about 12 million of them. Far from cute, but I'll keep the sweater for sure.

    You know, every time I come to your blog there are nice pictures of niceness and coziness. Your home sounds like a lovely place and for someone who loves to eat (yet can't keep the weight, sadly, *ahem) I just can imagine it being a nice place to hang. Oh and crotchets, crotchets everywhere!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pammy Sue, Love Ratty's sweater how cute lol..
    I could go one of those marsh mellow Mocha drinks right now.Looks so darn good.

    Have a great weekend.. Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your day sounds pretty wonderful with knitting and yummy things to eat and drink. I have not knit in days and I thinkI am going a bit crazy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥