Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New Doily




The latest. It's a smallish one at 11.5 inches, but I love it.
I've made this one before in red and white.
It was the first doily pattern I ever made.
It's a freebie here:  Two-Tone Doily
I used a 1.75 mm hook and #10 thread.

Pat, I use THESE to block all my doilies.
Google "blocking mats" and you'll find different brands at different prices.

My hyacinth is doing great!
More flower buds are opening every day.
And you girls that have had hyacinths before were right...
It smells divine! Wow.
I'll definitely be getting more of these for my kitchen window.
It truly is a magic window. I've never been able to grow anything.
It's an east-facing window, in case you're curious.


I didn't do any knitting yesterday, but I did make lots of pom-poms. I had to watch THIS YouTube video to figure out how to use the pom-pom maker. The instructions on the back of the package were not very clear (at least not to me). But once I got started, I pom-pommed my ass off all evening. I'm making biggish ones for something fun. I'll show you when it's finished in a couple of days. I made 7 last night, and I need 7 more.

The doggies are all snoozing.

I'd better try and get some work done while they're quiet. Some days they drive me crazy wanting in and out or just wanting attention or to be held or to run around like wild cattle, and other days they are quiet and lazy. The weather is good enough most days where I can leave the door open for them to come and go as they please. Then I find leaves and sticks all over the house that they've brought in. They're so funny. What would I do without my little Banshees?

See ya.

22 comments:

  1. Loooove the doily!!
    You are for sure the doily queen!
    Join my link party and show it off to the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining. Please include the photo on your page or in a blog post :) That way more and more people will know about the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful doily! Love the colors. Your hyacinth looks great! Mine is almost tall enough to bloom (I think). Enjoy the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey pammy Sue!

    Another fantastic doily!

    Such a deep purple, love it! And a great pattern! :)

    Your doggies snoozing = cute picture!

    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Pammy Sue! It's also one of my favorite simple doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do so love the color and the photos always nice, you must have taken a class :) That dog looks so comfortable sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite color! That is one beautiful doily. Way to go Pammy Sue. Now I'm all curious about what you're going to do with all of those pom-poms. Your hyacinth is beautiful. I need to try to find one. I haven't had any luck so far.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doily lOVE the dogs. My cats are very similar. some days the want to run and race and go in and out the porch. Other days they are sleep monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Pam, that doily is gorgeous and I *LOVE* that purple.. wow! I'm glad you have a blooming Hyacinth.. when mine was in bloom I would just bury my nose in it and treasure the aroma. Cute pup. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrumptious color on your latest doily!
    It's nice when the sun comes out and the dogs run outside to play like little kids, then crash later for a nap.
    I can't imagine what you are going to do with 14 pom poms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more I see your finished doilies the more I want to try one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it.. so pretty...
    Thanks for the link Pammy Sue, it is good of you to find it for me :))
    The doggies steal my heart every time,to much cuteness :)) hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is a gorgeous doily Pammy Sue. Thanks for showing it. The doggies look like little angels I can't see them causing any trouble... Ha ha .
    Can't wait to see what you are up to with the Pom-poms :)
    Thanks for your comments about the hats ... I'm so very excited for all the help. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so amazed by your doilies, they are always so intricate and incredibly beautiful! Just wonderful! You will love making pom poms just as much now that you have started with them! I know that I love mine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dollies, i can made them, but we dont use them here in holland,, still i think they are lovely! i love your blog, nice pics and posts, thanks for sharing..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a pretty little doily! Love the purple and it is so nice of you to share your pattern! Thanks Pammy! I'm racking my brain wondering what you could be doing with pom-poms. I'm staying tuned. :) Have fun! penny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You never cease to amaze me with your doilies. This one is just as awesome. That is probably something I would do once I got the hang of it. Making pom poms all day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made that pattern, too! Love your bright purple color--it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dogs have the right idea! Love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the purple doily. Would that be a good pattern for a first timer? Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful doily Pammy Sue I love the colours, I can almost smell that hyacinthe from here, I must get one. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pammy Sue, your doily is so beautiful. Purple (in any shade) is one of my favorite colors.

    Hyacinths are wonderful smelling. When I lived in my home I did plant some in my flower garden and just loved them.

    Your furry babies are so adorable. I hope you were able to get some work done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥