I also got the stuff to make a pesto pasta. I saw THIS RECIPE and haven't stopped thinking about it since. So I'm gonna make it for dinner tonight. I'll let you know. I like that it has lots of spinach and other good stuff in it.
Here's the slooow progress on my second poncho.
More green coming next.
No particular reason for this picture. It's a sewing machine cabinet that's next to my bed now. We rearranged the furniture in the bedroom a couple of days ago and it ended up in there. It's a sewing machine I never use that hubby bought me from Craig's List. It's an almost-never-used Kenmore from the '70s. Maybe some day I'll grow some patience and learn to sew and enjoy it.
So I bought two YELLOW (goldish really) rugs today...
Both for the kitchen.
(It bugs me that the rug is crooked in that picture.)
I've never bought ANYTHING yellow before.
It's not really my thing, yellow.
I kind of like them though.
It brightens up the place, but not too much.
What else did I get on my rare outing and shopping spree today?
1. Sheets...it's a sickness! I love getting new sheets. (On clearance)
2. Two small nut bowls for snacks. We had two and we use them so much, I bought two more.
3. Yes, I'm going to list everything I bought because I'm boring like that.
4. A pair of gray moccasins. (On clearance, $10)
5. One blueberry muffin, which I ate in the car on the way home because I hadn't eaten all day.
6. Two movies for El Capitan. ($5 each, but it was buy one get one 1/2 off, so $7.50 for two) It'll keep him out of my hair. I'm sneaky like that. Hee-hee.
7. I looked and looked for some cool candles and holders, but I didn't find what I wanted. I even stopped at Pier 1 on my way home to see if they had any...nope. I wanted some stubby-looking taper candles and holders, but they didn't have any. Maybe the ones I saw and had in mind had been lit already and burned down and that's why they looked stubby. Hmm.
8. Baby Wipes for me, not a baby.
9. I looked at the pillows because I need a new one (or two), but I suddenly got cheap and didn't get them. Stupid. So now I still need them.
10. Two more metal mesh magazine holders for crochet pattern books. I already had five full.
11. I also looked at a little wire, 3-drawer doo-lolly to keep stuff in next to my bed. It would have been perfect because they shut and Eli can't come in and steal all my stuff. I have LOTS of stuff I like to keep next to my bed -- fingernail polish, nail files, clippers, Benadryl, dental floss pick thingies, little scissors, a few cough drops, a couple of Q-tips, a pocket knife, tiny post-it notes, a pen and a pencil, reading glasses, a lighter, lip balm, and usually a crochet hook or two. I need it ALL right at my fingertips, and I'm a fanatic about having it. Right now, I have to remove the container I keep it all in (with no lid) from the bedside table every day and put it where Eli can't get to it and then put it back at night. I ended up not getting the 3-drawer thing because I thought $9 was too much. Go figure. I wish I had it now.
12. Jeez. #11 went a little long to end up being nothing. I think that's all I got and all I wanted but didn't get.
I'm going to go put my long granny moo-moo dress on and get comfy. See ya.