Friday, December 12, 2014

Paperwhites

Oh my goodness...they're just so cool already!
But LOOK...

 I'm pretty sure it's a flower that's gonna bust out any day.
This is the tallest shoot, and it's awful thick at the top!
Is it a flower? Is it? What do you think?

Here they were back on December 2nd.
Can you believe how fast they come up?
I've added water at least every other day, sometimes every day.
They really suck it up.


On the RED doily front...I was just about to finish the next-to-last round last night and start the last one when I noticed an error in the prior round. It was a bad one. I tried to fudge it several different ways, but it just looked shitty. So, like the Paperwhites, sort of, I sucked it up and ripped out two rounds. I managed to get one round re-done before I stopped for the night. Today and tonight I will hopefully get those last two rounds finished and have a BIG RED Tah-Dah! for us all. I can't wait to see how it looks on my mantel.

All I have to say about the last few days is THANK YOU. I hope you're not worried that my blog is going to turn into a big whine-fest, look at me and how horrible my life was, feel sorry for me, love me, give me attention, wah, wah, wah. It's not. When all is said and done, I've had a pretty happy life, and I'm lucky and extremely grateful to be where I am today.

My skeleton closet was bursting at the seams, and I was unable to keep that door shut and locked for one more minute. Now that I've made some room in there -- and it's a big closet -- I am able to securely shut that door again and lock it up tight, and that's the way it's going to stay. Everything has escaped that needed to. The rest will stay where it's supposed to be.

Next year will be full of new beginnings, and we're very excited for what lies ahead! 

9 comments:

  1. It looks like it is a flower all ready to bloom. They are beautiful flowers when bloomed.

    My doily book and kit should be delivered soon, you have inspired me to try them after reading about all your beauties.

    As for your posts, have read and replies and more hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could grow pretty things! waaaa....my house is like the elephant grave yard of flowers, its where they come to die. have a good weekend, glad you're feeling relieved. We all have to vent now and again. Good to have friends who'll listen, not judge, and love you any damn way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes..onward and upward! Seems you are growing as fast as your paperwhites. Lots of blooming going to be happen'n around here. :o)

    Can't wait to see the Christmas doily on your mantle. I don't know anyone who can make them as beautiful as you and my mother was an outstanding crocheter.

    Have lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, Pammy Sue! I hope that one is a flower. Sorry about the doily frog. I hate when that happens, but you'll love it all the more when it's done. Anytime you need to vent about anything, we're here to listen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper whites are fabulous, just like you!
    Muwah!!!!!XOXOXO
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't believe how fast they have grown, it does look like a bud to me, looking forward to seeing your red doily all complete. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shot of the paper white bud ready to burst open. I'm so glad to hear you have a positive attitude about the future! You can make it wonderful!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good then. Great attitude for the new year. I just need to add my usual " lose weight " !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your doily makes me happy as well as your good outlook on life. Girlfriend time is so priceless and therapeutic. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥