Monday, December 01, 2014

Lil' Aqua Doily and A Fudgey Recipe




Lil' Aqua Doily

Pattern:  Graph below :)
Thread:  Aunt Lydia's #10 in Aqua
Hook:  1.75 mm
Size:  Not really so little at 13 inches

Notes:  This took me about 5 hours over two evenings to make. I messed up a few places where I forgot the picots. Darn it. But you can't tell unless you're looking for it. I didn't even realize it until I started pinning it out. Not sure of the magazine this was in...probably Magic Crochet or Decorative Crochet, but here's the graph. The link to it is all over Pinterest.



The Captain dragged out our French press coffeemaker.
We'll be having our French-pressed coffee at 3:00 today along with this...


Chocolate Fudge Oatmeal Bars
These are amazing!

Chocolate Fudge Oatmeal Bars
www.spicysouthernkitchen.com

For Crust and Topping:
1 cups oatmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cups light brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
10½ tablespoons unsalted butter- melted

For Filling:
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray (overhang the edges of the foil to lift the bars easier from the pan) .
2. Combine flour, oats, 1 cups light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; add 10½ tablespoons melted butter and stir to combine.
3. Press half of mixture firmly into the pan and bake about 8 minutes; cool.
4. To make the filling, melt the butter and chocolate chips together and stir until smooth.
5. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
6. Whisk eggs into cooled chocolate mixture, then stir in flour mixture.
7. Pour chocolate filling over cooled crust and top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
8. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Cool completely before serving.




Thank you all for the sweet comments yesterday! I hope I wasn't too pathetic. LOL. That wasn't my intent, but I knew y'all were out there! I do try to comment on everybody's blog that comes here. Sometimes I'm better than others. And I leave plenty of comments that go unanswered too. When you work, or even if you don't, it's hard to make time to comment every single time, and I know that. It is nice to know you're out there every once in a while though!

Sandra, you asked a question about how I know how much yarn to order when I don't have a specific project in mind for it. Well, the truth is I fly by the seat of my pants! Since I was ordering from overseas and I knew the shipping was going to be more, I wanted to make it worth it so I ordered a whole basket full. And I also knew I'd want a little more of at least two of the colors since you always use more of some colors. So that's how I chose this time.

We're having some colder weather today so there's a fire in the fireplace and it's all cozy in my house (high temps in the 30s). I love it! Wish it was more like this every day in the winter here.



17 comments:

  1. The new doily is SWEET.
    Squares look Yummy.
    Thank for the reply...so appreciated.
    Keep warm. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Dear Pammy, thank you for the graphic.
    Here in The Netherlands it is very difficult to get books with patterns for doily's, so I am very happy with this one. I also joined with your other doily, but because of family problems I did not start yet.
    Greetings,
    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doily...had to skip over the food...my hips can't handle it!!! I do better if I don't read about food!!
    Linda/Lindacrochets

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Captain is a lucky man!! I hope he realizes it! You can read him this…. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3:00 eh? I might be a little late, depending on traffic on the I-20. hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a lovely doily Pammy Sue but for the moment too many picots for me, I'm looking for one thats small pretty and simple to put on a bedside table for my son gf when she comes over. I love the look of those oatmeal bars and I'm sure I can find all the ingredients over here so i'll give them a try, what size tin did you use? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy Sue! Another beautiful doily my friend. You are sure proficient at them. I don't do well with graphs but like the patterns written out. I spent the morning at the dentist and then treated myself to a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby. Fun times!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. your doilies--wow. I just don't have the concentration for that. i'm working on fingerless gloves for 2 of my grandkids and a sweater for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty doily :-) I like the color. That only took you five hours?? Wow! Speed crocheter! Those bars look yummy. Sorry your comments were getting deleted on my blog; I'm not sure why or which ones got deleted. You could fill an ocean with the stuff I don't know about computers. Take care and stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mercy, if I could get there for French pressed coffee and that yummy treat, you know I would! Wowzers that looks good!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that aqua doily!
    About previous post...I just saw it.....I think folks should comment as often as time allows. We all like to have the feedback.
    That yarn...oh my gosh. I want some. Did you find a good deal on shipping? I got mine when they had a free shipping to US deal. I wish they would do it again!! That yarn looks so soft and squishy!
    Love ya kid,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty doily - looks like the same colour as the lovely one you made for me. That slice looks delish ... it would be too dangerous for me to make something like that because I'd just eat the lot, put on heaps of weight and then feel guilty !!! Sad isn't it? xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty little doily. I like the open work of it and how lacy it is. I think I have that pattern stashed away somewhere in my hoard. I'll take yours though, it will save me time searching through my unorganized mess. :) You are always so kind to share your patterns and recipes with us. Thank you Pammy Sue. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pammy Sue!! I love the doily. I would probably make one but I don't understand the graph, and although I am French, I don't understand the French crochet terms. :-( I also love the color of your doily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Forgot to mention that I have copied and printed the recipe. Looks yummy. I hope it's freezable until Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your latest doily! :) Yummy on the Oatmeal bars!

    Hope you are having a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Pretty!!! I had to giggle when I read your response on how much thread to order when you don't know what you are making yet. Just had to make it worth it. I am going to use your line more than you know. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥