Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lavender Beauty Doily






Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy
Last finish before Christmas

As you can imagine, I have a big stack of doilies that I'm made over the last year or two. When I look at them, I can remember what I was watching, if anything, on TV, or if I was in a waiting room crocheting parts of it, or whatever. I started this one on a whim last Monday night. I've had the pattern sitting out for several weeks, so I grabbed it and my thread and it began. Here's what I was doing while I crocheted this one.

Middle flower and green:  3 episodes of Kardashian shows (it was an accident! Really!)

Natural colored middle:  Mostly The Tonight Show over a couple or three nights

Most of the green outer ring:  Dateline...was it suicide or Muh-duh?!

Lavender edging:  For the first couple of rows I watched a Hallmark movie about a man whose wife was dying of cancer and he built her a Ferris Wheel in the backyard as a surprise (they got engaged on a Ferris Wheel years ago.) Do I get Brownie points for watching a Hallmark movie?

Lavender edging:  A couple of episodes of Will & Grace.

Lavender edging:  Two or three hours of news coverage of the NYPD officers that were murdered. So sad and horrifying and senseless. 

The last round:  A show about three plane crashes and the sole survivor of each one telling their story. All were not found for several days after their planes went down. I was riveted. One woman remembers falling through the sky (they said from two miles up) still strapped in her seat but not in the airplane. Ack! They crashed into a thick rain forest which, I guess, absorbed a lot of the force when she hit and is why she survived. Some fascinating stories.

This is the pattern which came from The House of White Birches. It must have been from some doily of the month club or something. I have lots of these patterns. (Thanks, Melissa! ♥)

Thread: AL #10 in Wood Violet, AL #10 in Natural, Knit Picks Curio in Spearmint.
Hook: 1.75 mm
Blocked Size:  18 inches

I love it. I usually prefer doilies in a solid color or maybe two, but I really love these three colors together.


I've made some progress on the poncho. I tried to take some sneak-peek photos, but they were blurry. I guess you're not supposed to see it until it's finished. It's coming along nicely though!

Try to breathe, be thankful, and enjoy the upcoming week.

26 comments:

  1. Stunning! And I love the cheeky pup as well!

    I am just on the last couple of rounds of the border of my Darling Mum's lap blanket then my Christmas present making will be done.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! I am a purple kind of girl. I always love seeing your pretty doilies. Looking forward to seeing your poncho.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prettier than the book picture I think. Anxious to see the poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo on a gorgeous doily! Yours is prettier than the one on the book cover! That would look very nice in my farmhouse.. :-)

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are good :), and might I say this looks better than the one in the book :) I love the points and the negative space and of course the great color choice. You get another gold star from me :)
    have a great Christmas hugs from Carollyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. your doily is beautiful thought it was neat how you kept up on the things you were watching why working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! It is so flowery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty, and nice color combo. I think I would have messed up that last round if I was watching a show about airplane crash victims falling from the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty Pammy Sue. I've been watching an FBI show on Netflix. I can't remember what it is called right now, but it looks like it ran for about 8 years (or so). Looking forward to seeing your poncho. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice doily but gosh darn it, I missed that Hallmark movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That doily is a beauty! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your doily is beautiful and I'm very glad to know that we have the exact same taste in television. Do you have Netflix? They've got the whole Forensic Files series on there now, I can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with the other comments, yours is prettier than the cover. I love the Hallmark movies and have watched several this season.
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful doily Pammy Sue! I like to watch my soap, Days of Our Lives (I record it) while I crochet. I can just listen to it if I have to pay more attention to my stitch count or stitch pattern.

      Delete
  14. lovely! you crank some beautys. This color combo is so pretty. And I just love doilies/potholders with these center flowers. I can't find the magazine with the cowl poncho.The next edition is already out. Looking forward to seeing your poncho. Merry Christmas & Happy New year to you and the Cap! & your fur babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful and you are very clever, I would have to totally concentrate if I was making something like this I wouldn't have a clue what was on the TV! have a great week yourself Pammy Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ... a week !!!! That would take me 12 months probably. Its beautiful. You make me laugh with your funny sense of humour ==== I'd give you brownie points for just watching TV (full stop) !! Can't you tell I'm not a telly watcher? Have a very happy Christmas and give all the puppies a nice doggy chew (from Santa of course). xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your doily is so pretty! Great colors. It's amazing that you can remember all those details about what you were watching while crocheting? Merry Christmas Pammy Sue and all the best to you in the New Year. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. so so so pretty! I wish I had the patience for doilies. my house would be covered in them. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cindy D.7:04 AM

    Beautiful doily!! You inspired me to crochet a doily, I made a red one. Your blog is my fave, thank you. Have a wonderful Christmas. Cindy D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your doily as usual!!
    I'm trying to breathe but it isn't easy when you're having a bout of anxiety. Hard to get rid of that. But I am thankful for what I have.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's beautiful! I love the colors...they just pop out at you.
    Haven't tried this brand of thread yet...may just have to take a look at it.

    Linda/lindacrochets

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't get to catch up on my favorite blogs daily, so it always seems like you're so darn speedy in making them LOL!! Can't wait to see your poncho, the pictures you've posted so far make me want to start one too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a beauty Pammy Sue.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pammy Sue!

    I just dropped by and wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas!!!

    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥