Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Have a Homey Thanksgiving

It's been blue skies and warm weather for days.
I've enjoyed it out on the porch with the doggies.

I've also done plenty of hunkering down inside pretending it's winter.

Sammi was not impressed with Mr. Scarecrow invading her space.
She indulged me for a picture.

Mmm...pecan pies!


The last row of this doily is giving me fits.
I can't figure it out in one place.
I just decided to change the pattern instead of ripping it out yet again.
It's still going to take me a good hour and a half to finish.
Then it needs a good soaking before I pin it out on the blocking board.
I'm crossing my fingers it flattens out, but I'm leery of this one.


Thanksgiving will be a quiet one around here. The Captain is working 7a-7p. Those pecan pies are going to work with him for all the guys working tomorrow. Some other wives are sending food too, so they'll be taken care of when they get a chance to run into the station and eat.

Y'all enjoy whatever you're doing and have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I don't have to pretend it's winter here! The fog has rolled in and I have a fire roaring in the woodstove. I cheated and went to Costco today and bought a HUGE pecan pie today. The crowds were ridiculous and I wanted to gete was a pie. I know we won't eat more than half so I'll be freezing the rest for a later date. The chicken is being cooked for the enchilada's tomorrow so all I have to do is put them together and bake them. Easy, peasy Thanksgiving dinner for this year. I hope you have a good day tomorrow Pammy Sue. SNuggle up with your doggies and crocheting my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue!

    Those pecan pies look yummy!!! Shame the Captain has to work tomorrow!!!
    Good luck with the latest doily! Still admiring that blue one that you made into a basket, so cool! ;)
    Sammi is a good sport, isn't she?
    Have a nice Holiday weekend!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post and beautiful photos today Pam. The pecan pies look so yummy - did you make them? Lucky guys at work. Have a happy thanksgiving. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy turkey day. We had our party and dinner on Monday, because everyone was off. It was so good I had no leftovers. I have lots of crochet to catch up on. Be blessed my friend and eat hearty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretend it is WInter all the time. Happy Thanksgiving to you Pammy Sue.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you friend....hope you both get to have a late dinner together when he gets home.

    I love your latest doily. I am looking forward to seeing it.

    Wishing you a most lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pammy. Praying for all our heros working today. Hope he has some good days off comin'. Love your Autumnal photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you go to Mama's??? Love the scarecrow'!!!!!
    Pecan pies were Nana's specialty. Love the doily!!
    XO K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥