Friday, November 21, 2014

Biscuits and Birds


We were both pleasantly surprised at how good this was!
I had some late work I had to get out so The Captain made this all by himself.
Two Thumbs Up!

Biscuits & Gravy Casserole

1 (8-oz) can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
1 lb breakfast sausage roll
1.5 oz packet of white gravy mix (I use Pioneer brand)
1 cup shredded Cheddar
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Pinch each biscuit into four pieces and lay them evenly in the bottom of the pan. Just lay them in there. Don't pat them down. Set aside.

Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain. Scatter the browned sausage over the biscuits. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.

Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together and pour it over everything.  Make the Gravy according to package directions and pour over all.

Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.



Bird-watching in the back yard yesterday...


The neighbors need to paint!

He's got a big acorn in his mouth.




Southwest has a flight path right over our house.
We see these birds daily.

Gotta run.
See ya.

9 comments:

  1. Whoa ..... that recipe is doing my head in !!! Isn't it funny how we have different names for things. What you call biscuits are called scones here and we eat them with jam and cream, sausage roll is a mixture of sausage mince (beef) rolled up in puff pastry and baked in the oven. I can't imagine a dish made with scones, sausage rolls, eggs, cheese and gravy ? Love your bird and squirrel photos but I think those planes would drive me nuts. I guess you're probably used to them though. Have a great weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, is it as yummy as it looks???? Do tell!!!!
    XO K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the recipe Pammy Sue. It's going on my menu this weekend. You allow your hubby into the kitchen????? Oh My! That would never happen here. I'd rather die! lol! Looks like he knows his business in there though. The casserole looks perfect. Lucky you!. :) Have a nice weekend, penny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good Pammy Sue. I'm going to print that recipe out and give it a try. I like your "birds". Depending on wind direction we get planes from both the airport and the Air Force base flying overhead at times.
    Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this again. Did you add the two thumbs up tonight? Am I going crazy???

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're nutso, Kris! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, sounds good. My husband would like this a lot. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the recipe want to try this! I see the wildlife reading for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. I missed reading your blog. The casserole looks good to me. I'll bet my mom and hubby would like it too. Hey, they're happy whenever I cook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥