Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday Morn

My Brother-in-Law sent me this pic from Green Bay, Wisconsin this morning.
Taken with his phone.
So pretty!

I made chili in the crockpot on Tuesday.
It was even better left over for dinner last night.
We have just enough left to serve over cheese omelets tonight.
That's almost always how we eat the last of it.

I'm obsessed with these chips. So much so, that I can't buy them anymore. I have ZERO control of myself when they are around. I've probably gained 15 pounds just from eating these with wild abandon late at night. MUST STOP.

I've tried the Cappuccino flavored ones because the Captain bought a bag a while back. They were good once you got over the shock of a sweet potato chip. They were okay as a snack, but I wouldn't eat them with a sandwich. I won't buy them again. 


This online yarn shop has some good-looking yarn at reasonable prices. I went there and requested a catalog after Meredith of Mereknits posted about it a while back. Check it out: Willow Yarns


Another Doily-Along participant has finished her doily!
Oooo! So pretty, Penny!

I can't wait to see all the others. Y'all be sure and send me pictures of your finished doily so I can post them.

**ATTENTION**
There were a couple of people who said they wanted to participate in the comments and wanted the pattern, but you left me no email address and your name wasn't linked to any contact information. If you're still interested (and you should be!), send me another comment with your email!

I'm getting very excited to finish mine. I'm working on the LAST row! After I block it, I'll be getting pictures later today. I'll reveal it tomorrow...  Yay!

11 comments:

  1. Wow That doily is pretty! I am so excited to see them all. I am half tempted to start another one I enjoyed this pattern because I stepped out of the box with this one always doing pineapple easier doilies she is challenging and I loved it! Thanks Pammy Sue. I want to make Chili soon looks great..Its just too damn hot over here still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great minds and all. I made chili in the crockpot Tuesday too-and homemade cornbread! Yum. I like those potato chips too and don't buy them for the same reason.
    That is a gorgeous doily, I have 4 rows left if they don't kill me. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making chili and corn bread tonight for dinner...that is if my son doesn't beat me to it. He loves to cook but he is in a cantankorus mood today so who know. My DH told me about the Lays new chip flavors. I know I would love the Cheesy Garlic Bread. What will they think of next??? Also, I never thought about putting chili over an omelet before..that sounds really good. Now if I can get my DH and son to try it.

    As always, I love your blogs...keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili looks yummy.. and those chips.. I better not even buy a bag. That doily is gorgeous.. can't wait to see the others. You BIL sent a great photo.. what plant is that? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one is a stunner I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, We had chili last night too! We like it with rolled up warm cheesy quesadillas or some broken up tostadas thrown in. YuM! Something in the air me thinks. Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my doily. ~<3~ I'm happy I took the challenge and as Denise said, "stepped outside the box". I'm excited to see them all! Pammy I hope you do this again sometime. If you do count me in. :) penny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm....I was just thinking "chili" last night for the weekend! But after little son #2 left home, I gave away my super-extra-large crockpot, it was more than I needed....must buy new little crock pot for two. yours looks sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful doily, looking forward to seeing them all. The chips look really good as does your chili. Chili is great this time of year. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am craving chili! Finally it is cool enough to make it. I have not seen those chips here yet, but they are being advertised. I am eager to try them. Luckily I am not a big chip lover, so they won't tempt me too much. Now those sweet ones are different story!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay now I want some chili, glad you liked Willow Yarns, it really made me think of Knit Picks price-wise.
    Hugs,
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those Wisconsin pics!!! We've seen some gorgeous colors and sunshine this week! =)

    Hope you enjoyed the chili. I'm getting hungry...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥