1. I've started snoring in the past few weeks. I know because I wake myself up a thousand times during the night. I wake up in the mornings with a sore throat every day now. Sigh. What next?
2. I hold my breath when I'm taking photos and trying to get the camera focused just right. Sometimes I nearly pass out before I realize I'm doing it.
3. My mailman's name is Leonard. Who the hell is named Leonard anymore? Don't you at least go by a nickname like Lenny or Len or even Larry or Leo? Leonard is just weird to me. I have the urge to pronounce it Lee-oh-nard, as in Leonardo, which is also weird.
4. I buy printed scrapbook paper, and I don't even scrapbook, nor do I want to. I love to look at the different sheets of patterns. Sometimes I buy more than one sheet of a pattern just because one is not enough. Enough for what, I do not know.
5. The bird feeder has attracted rats. The Captain came face to face with one the other night (the rat was sitting at eye-level inside a bush in the backyard). They both just froze and stared at each other. Ever since then, Cap has been trying to catch one in one of two mousetraps he placed along the fence (high enough so the dogs don't get into them) with no luck. Here's a story about rats...
When we lived in another house, one of our cars, which we always parked in the garage, suddenly stopped working. We had to have it towed to the repair shop to find out what was wrong. We found out that a rat (or mouse) had chewed up one of the hoses under the hood. Apparently the rats were attracted to the dog food we stored in the garage, and when the dog food wasn't enough, they ate the rubber hoses. It cost several hundred dollars to repair.
So the Captain was PISSED! The very next night, he sat on an upturned bucket in the dark with his night vision equipment he uses at work and a BB gun. Now in my head, I was all, "He's never going to kill a damn mouse with a BB gun! How dumb! But it didn't take but about an hour before I heard the first bang of the gun being fired. And then I heard, "I GOT YOU, BASTARD!"
Damn, he's good.
I'm gonna go finish my yellow doily. Have a good weekend. See ya.