Sunday, October 12, 2014

Quiet Sunday

  


It's quiet because I've been sleeping practically all day. I threatened the dogs with a spray can of air if they got too rambunctious. They are scared to death of that can of compressed air. Hehehe. Is that mean? You do whatever works when you have five. I got up at 10:30 and fed them and let them outside for a bit before I made them lay back down with me. And then I slept again until 1:00-ish. I either can't sleep or want to sleep at the wrong times.

So now I'm up having copious amounts of iced coffee so I can start crocheting and see what murderous things are on TV to watch. I'm sure there's a killing of some sort I can watch. Is that weird? 

And now on to more "normal" things...

Somebody got really ambitious and has already finished their doily!
No, it's not me. I've been sleeping, remember?

This should get you doily-alongers motivated!

  

So beautiful!
This one was done by my friend, Niecee
I want mine done too!
I'm off to start Round 16.

Are you all staying motivated?
Remember...one row at a time or even a few stitches at a time.
Just pick it up and do a few stitches.
You're gonna be so happy and proud in the end!
KEEP GOING!

13 comments:

  1. Well, you have to get rest when you can. My dogs are scared of the broom. Not sure why. I like your bird suncatcher. Go Niecee!! Great doily. Putting the rest of us to shame. Have fun crocheting today, Pammy Sue; round 16 was fun but weird. Those split stitches! I'm about to start round 19. Have a relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get lots of rest and that you pick up that hook again soon! I so love that doily. Your friend did an awesome job. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I've been up since 1:30 am working on the doily. I'm on row 27 so far so good but my doily seems small compared to the pic. Im using a size 4 steel hook. Oh well maybe it will stretch when I block it out! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a sleepy day here too. Cold, cloudy and rainy. I've had the wood stove going most of the day. My pups are scared of the garden hose lol...I keep a 3 ft. length of an old one here in the house. They won't cross it...little goofs! Niecee has obviously been up for days! I want what she's been drinking! :)It's gorgeous Niecee. I just frogged row 21. I forgot to chain 3 before the second 2-tr Cluster. duh! Off I go. Have a nice evening Pammy Sue. penny x
    p.s. Snapped is on Oxygen all day and Killer Couples starts at 7. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful and Nieece is just amazing to be done already. Love our sleepy Sunday, quiet Sunday's are the best.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful! "Good job" to Niecee. I love your Cardinal glass thingy (I collect bird things) and like the other pretties you have hanging up on the rack. I'm on Rd 13 of our doily and am really enjoying it. Glad you warned us about the instrux for that round. Luckies, you got rain. Tonight on PBS is Midsomer Murder and Inspector Lewis. The latter is one of my all-time fav English mystery shows!
    Have fun watching tv tonight, I'm gonna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are gorgeous. I just sent you an email so I won't repeat myself, but I'm only on round 12. I need to get busy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got to rest up today.. your body knows when it needs it. I'm glad you enjoyed my lake and mountain photos.. just think.. you may have this all in your backyard someday! Love that doily!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "Keep Going" advice! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find daylight saving plays havoc with me lol.. wow finished already:-):-) well done.. I am up to row 16...loving it :-):-) Happy crocheting hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youur posts always make me laugh Pammy Sue, thank God for a sense of humour Eh!!!!
    Loving that doiley, can't wait to see yours
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you're keen to get on with your doily - its beautiful. Have to laugh about your spray can and the dogs !! We used to use a spray bottle (of water) when our little ones were naughty. Enjoy your week - hope you get lots of crochet time. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Women of....ahem....a certain age.....ahem....like us, begin to have disturbed sleep. Tylenol PM is my best friend. I take one every night, or I would not sleep a wink!
    Love the doily! What ever happened to Niecee's blog?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥