Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Innocence Doily

It's actually a deep burgundy color, but it looks orangey in these pics.
It's definitely not my favorite and was a bitch to block.
It would have helped if I'd made it correctly, but I screwed up that middle part royally.
Didn't even know it until I started blocking it.
They can't all be winners!


Another of my dogs from the collection.
I don't remember where I got this one.

This one belonged to my grandparents.
It sat in a mirrored shadowbox for as far back as I can remember.
It's metal and rusty and has a slot on the dog's back like it's a bank.
Kind of small for a bank, so I think it's probably something else.


Pattern:  "Innocence" from The Big Book of Doilies, American School of Needlework.
Thread:  Aunt Lydia's #10, Burgundy and Ecru
Hook:  2.0 mm
Finished Size:  17.5 inches
Satisfaction Level:  I'm not feelin' it. I didn't like it much from the beginning, and that never changed.


So I guess I was wrong when I said I was taking a break, because here I am two days in a row with a little sumthin'-sumthin'. I had better get my arse in gear and get to work, though, because I do have jury duty tomorrow.

Next I'm tackling a doily that I've wanted to make for a long time now, but I've been intimidated by it because it's got a LOT of stitches.  Here is a picture of it from the pattern:

Isn't it pretty?
It's from A Year of Doilies Book 4
August, Page 27
Does anybody want to make it with me?

Email me if you do. If you don't have my email address and would like to make it along with me, leave yours in the comments of this post and I'll get back to you with info you may need. ;)

I'm not going to rush through this. I'll be going slowly and probably only be crocheting in the evenings. I'd love to have someone(s) to crochet this with to keep me motivated. Looks like it'll be slow-going towards the end with all those stitches. We'll have a treasure when we're finished though!

I'm going to use Aunt Lydia's #10 in Ecru and a size 2.0 mm hook.

I have to run.
Ew! Hahaha. Ew!

25 comments:

  1. The red doily is very pretty and I love the antique dog carrying the satchel on his back (looks cast iron). The doily for your next project is gorgeous! I hope someone will join you. I'll look forward to seeing it as it progresses. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your antique dog is a bank (see attached). I Googled cast iron dog bank and a bunch came up. http://www.rubylane.com/item/638532-kv00002063/Early-American-19th-Century-Cast-Iron?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=productfeed&gclid=CjwKEAjwwdOhBRCG0fPrlfO1gGUSJAC1FmHXBgLi2DkvXZ8X-5kEQ1A0nEEKUTlYuYEIk_j9CgitBhoCNVHw_wcB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee I'm in! Crochetr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Heather! That's so cool. Thanks for that link! It's the exact same one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:53 PM

    I am from The Netherlands and I love your doilly's. I would like to join you in your effort to make the August doily if possible. If you need my e-mail: patronenjoke@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to make it with you! It's beautiful. Could you email me?

    The red doily turned out very pretty even if you're not completely satisfied.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that red doily is really pretty Pammy Sue and I love the two cute dogs. I just love that big doily it's a stunner and I'm sooo tempted it make it along with you but I have so many things on the go at the moment. It looks as though you are going to have lots of company anyway so I will watch your progress with interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see yours and everyone whose joining you in making the August daily. It truly is breathtaking.

    I like your newest doily but understand that if you don't like it now you most likely never will.

    How many dogs do you have in your collection?
    They are precious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pammy Sue, Your Innocence Doily is pretty. I love the burgundy thread. Your little dog bank is wonderful. What a sweet little treasure. If the pattern for the beautiful doily is a graph it would be fun to join you in making it. If it's a written pattern ..I'll have to pass. I just don't have the patience for reading all that mumbo jumbo! The video from your previous post was so stupidly funny! lol
    penny x
    knotforgottenstudio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pammy Sue, Your Innocence Doily is pretty. I love the burgundy thread. Your little dog bank is wonderful. What a sweet little treasure. If the pattern for the beautiful doily is a graph it would be fun to join you in making it. If it's a written pattern ..I'll have to pass. I just don't have the patience for reading all that mumbo jumbo! The video from your previous post was so stupidly funny! lol
    penny x
    knotforgottenstudio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red doily is very pretty Pammy Sue! Love the new one your going to make...Do I need another project? Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful doily, Pammy Sue. Sorry it was such a pain to make. You know I'm too stupid to learn to read graphs, so I'll have to pass on joining in your next doily, but I'll be your cheerleader. You can do it! Woo hoo! (Just practicing) Love the cute dogs, especially the bank. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work and can't believe you messed up at all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely red doily. And I am in love with your little Maltese dog. Looks just like my little Tippi.
    I was going to join the CAL with you but discovered I don't have the same issue- I have #1 and can't justify buying it from Amazon.com at $618! LOL. Maybe when I win the lottery. Ha! I will follow your progress though. It sure is a beautiful doily. Enjoy the jury duty. :) Reni-in-Az

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi - I'd love to have a go at that doily with you, if you could please give me the deets. My email is chrysalisuk87@yahoo.com. Thanks very much, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all I love the burgundy doily. Second, jury duty...ah that stinks. Third I love, love, love that doily I wish I could make something like that but alas I can't so I wish you luck.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy am I the Duh Queen of the day! Glad for you the jury duty worked out A-Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow beautiful doily.. Would I like to join in .. ??? Why not.... count me in please Pammy Sue :)) patricialewis6345@yahoo.com
    Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to join in. I'm at froggayler@gmail.com
    Thanks for inviting me even though I'm late.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Pammy Sue I hope I am not too late would love to make doily with you looks beautiful I think I am up for the challenge!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy, I don't have your email.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the red doily. It's so awesome. I will join you for this CAL. I just need to dig through the stash to find some thread and a hook. :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pammy...this is one of my favorite patterns..while I would love to join in on your CAL I have a few other things on my hook..and I am almost to the breaking point of having too many wips, It drives me crazy all the unfinished things..so this time I gotta say no..maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blog is really interesting to read. The red doily is very pretty. Am I too late to join the CAL? I'll need the written pattern tho'. My email is goldtopaz@gmail.com. ..... Nimi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥